Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Grind Observations from a Dfo/Uw Vet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkGhost25, Jun 30, 2017.

1. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

Most vets don't want classes. They want one class and just call it classless. It's hard to make that stuff, yet here we are. We'll see how this one goes. History never repeats itself so this Deja vu is just a weird coincidence. Let's stick our chests out and put our heads in the sand.

2. pvecrafterist

pvecrafterist Goblin Warlord

other buffs should be removed (or made into self buffs as to not have to rebalance monsters to compensate for the pve nerf involved in removing haste / rapid shot / ironskin)

they add nothing into the game but a mandatory 10 seconds of buffing before every engagement, and add an insane advantage on top of the already big advantage you have while jumping people.

3. billysunday

billysunday Skeleton Archer
    Legend

bpg has said they plan on releasing content for years to come, surely some of that content will be new armor and weapons etc that will allow for a lot of different play styles. they didnt devote so much time to watch it die again. although there was a live stream they did where a dev said something like but not exactly " if populations drop we will be ok with that , we can still continue and be happy the base numbers " which was kinda sad to hear in a way. a defeated attitude sorta thing.

if a dev simply posted on this thread " yes there will be more diversity to come in future patches" would that give some of you hope?

there was a long thread on the subject of removing destroyer altogether , something the devs want to do, do you think they would do that without putting something back into the game that would allow people to mix up their playstyle?

I personally do not play darkfall to be the best dueler/ganker/pvper . i just like it because it reminds me of everquest before instancing. i hate instances in mmorpg games. as long as darkfall stays a big non instanced open world with an everquest-like setting ill be around to enjoy it.

right now the way i plan enjoy darkfall until they patch more content options is to make my own class, i like green, so ill use acid transmute weapons and earth magic, if they make a green armor ill be all set.

SomeBK and DarkGhost25 like this.
  4. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

I feel like i should be apart of this

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Tron

Tron Goblin Warrior
    Hero

There are 2 visions of Darkfall. ROA is is same old DFO with QoL and eventually added content. DND is local banking with more specializations. This is widely known. Go participate in their Indev and forums. This just isn't the right Darkfall project for you. DnD is doing everything you are asking for.

SomeBK and Brown Dorf like this.
  6. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

honestly if DND didnt do local banking i'd be there already, because this community is full of fucking retards that can't seem to understand doing the same exact thing is gunna make this game fail the same exact way, and the company rushed to release before adding any actual content, meaning now that people are finishing the grind the game is dead again. DND devs actually have a proper idea of the rest of the stuff but their fucking hangup on local banking kills me, because imo its a terrible idea for DF (though its neat for games designed around it) and ruins everything else. some of their other ideas are meh, but most are good. then this local banking comes in and just dumpsters the game. Games needs to be designed for local banking from the ground up, not trying to shove it into a game designed for global banking.

Can BPG just take the good changes like buffs being basically toggleable mana drains meaning u can sustain max 2-3 up at a time? But u still have the option of puttting a bunch on for a short burst of keeping 1 or 2 and regen-ing mana to go for outstating. See thats a brilliant way of dealing with the buff problem. But its "DND" and its a change so its automatically wrong to most of the shitheads here.

What most mingboggling to me is people think this game is gunna have the best pvp without any changes too. Fucking UW had better pvp in its prime than this game (especially in groups). DFO is 90% hops, knockups, and blinds. For small scale, and spam massive AoE's for large scale. The only skillful component of this game is aim, and most people dont even have to do that since no1 really focuses on archery AoE's and rays are not that difficult to hit.

I too wanna see them add meaningful diversity, and limits on skills so you have to manage cooldowns, not just cycle aoes and cc into free rays nonstop.

PS: all the people telling those who want change "go play something else", thats exactly whats gunna happen. a third time. and the game will die. a third time. you know the saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me? its meaning is that if u get fooled by the same shit twice you're an idiot. What about a third time? You think its gunna work the third time around without meaningful change? Good luck.

SomeBK, Zeiken and DarkGhost25 like this.
  7. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

Nobody is asking for classes. Simply adding new specializations that are more fleshed out than what we currently have, would be enough. Being able to pick a handful of them would be nice too, especially if they are unique and not redundant like the ones we have right now. Destroyer is a pretty damn powerful bonus, I'd rather make a build comprised of smaller and more balanced bonuses that allow me to personalize my character.

8. feeWAIVER

feeWAIVER Goblin Warlord

I'd be happy with an appropriate skill-cap ala UO.
    And revamping the copy/pasted spell list that was vomited incompletely into DFO.

SomeBK, Mycke, liphe101 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Skitzo1

Skitzo1 Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

3!!

10. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

Thank you cringer from thunder cats

11. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

RoA and DnD.

Stop trying to turn one into the other.

12. Brown Dorf

Brown Dorf Goblin Warlord

Seems like every thread with any kind of criticism of roa and suggestions to improve the game there is someone who says this.

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  13. Tonak

Tonak Goblin Scout

I think the OP's solutions are shit. However I will grant that he is spot on how a player FEELS in said situation. I think this is an accurate diagnosis, and a good starting point for making things better.

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  14. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

It has nothing to do with that.

But, I've seen you on their forums, not like it matters.

I've said the point multiple times. Two different visions. Two different games. If you align more with ND, you should probably go there. If you don't know where you align with, you need to just understand what you want better.

SomeBK likes this.
  15. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

Is it really that simple though? Do you expect the population to survive with no variety in builds? It seems like many vets are opposed to meta changes and many new players want meta changes, I'd wager we lost a lot more new players due to lack of variety than the vets we retained.

SomeBK likes this.
  16. Brown Dorf

I'm not a dfo vet. I played uw for a few months and knew it had potential but soon realized the dev team was garbage.

I was hoping this version of dfo would have overcome some of the pitfalls of the franchise, but it seems as if we only have one hope left.

17. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet, regardless of what a lot of the vets want, the devs have made it clear that the specialization system will be expanded on. So we are going to get some kind of diversity in the game.

18. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

If you think we lost more people due to build diversity more than lack of content or gear grind, don't know what to say man. I would probably just say you can have your opinion, but I have been with this game from it's inception, followed the forums, and my opinion is based on way more firsthand experience than yours.

19. Brown Dorf

Gear grind, lack of content and lack of diversity all make the game shit.

The game should not have launched in this state.

Don't need firsthand experience to see that

20. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

But, this is how the game was in beta, I'm failing to see how anyone is acting like this state of the game was unexpected.

Brown Dorf likes this.