Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Grind Observations from a Dfo/Uw Vet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkGhost25, Jun 30, 2017.

1. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Well there is absolutely no diversity in this game and that is the most common theme among the forums... BPG has all the data they need its just up to them to make changes. But instead of adding diversity and reducing the grind they are adding armor dyes.. glad to see they are listening to the community....

DarkGhost25 and Slayven like this.
  2. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

I will admit to the theroycrafting part is fun and very engageing in most games it does lack here.
    I just want to say..again..u wear really never suppose to have everything given the grind it took to get everything so u had to choose..for me and I only speak for me this was a lot fun theory crafting what u did how u spent ur time.
    --- Post updated ---
    Honestly think Av saw potential in the specializations and theory crafting part but botched it hard.
    Hopefully roa can breath some life into it with out total devastation of pvp. It's a hard balance trying to wrap ur head around different builds to go even with the cookie cutter mage..As of now there has been no real good specs that people would consider..
    --- Post updated ---
    This is honestly what i see to time will tell with a few patches let's see what happens.

Introduce new spell schools mage schools assassin schools, Death, Holy just exsamples here.
    Introduce poison to Agon.

move around spells within the schools all ready existing, still allow the mage you have today.
    what i dont want to see is a rock scissor paper type builds.

Some good examples
    Death knights ground plague, corpse explode, reanimate dead
    Paladins
    Titans for the tanky cc type
    Assassins
    Wraiths [no melee and can only use cone based spells blinds and soft cc]
    Blood knights [vampire style brutes]
    Bards
    Tamers
    Rangers
    Blade masters

Introducing new schools of magic would go a long way.

to me BPG has so much lost potential. We already see mounted knights coming into play, make more of this type of shit. I feel like we are taking the lazy easy way, by just saying everything is fine leave it. not saying its not just saying a lot of missed potential.

Introduce a fuck ton of new schools and ability to have more versatile game play..just be careful to preserve what you already have, and for fuck sake no hard cc. Hard CC kills this game.

People love Diversity....Its proven though other games.

#62 Slayven, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    DarkGhost25 likes this.
  3. billysunday

billysunday Skeleton Archer
    Legend

armor dyes? is that not UWs shit? i thought anything like UW was flamed out of existance? lololol

Kwatos likes this.
  4. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

Armor dyes were the best part of that whole game lol.

5. black horseman

black horseman Skeleton Archer

There were still people playing magic bane (shadowbane player hosted servers) as recently as last year. There was a huge amount of depth to the skill/race/class character customization system. I think a lot of it was accidental.

I really think that being scared to make changes to the game that add depth and character differentiation due to balance concerns is silly. A changing meta-game keeps things fresh.

The original intent was for it to be hugely difficult to have all skills/spells. The GRIND was supposed to prevent people from being jacks of all trades. By vastly reducing the grind and accelerating skill gains (which I agree with) , you have to make changes to prevent the meta from being "everyone has everything." I think that makes for a game that is going to get stale and also makes an extremely high barrier to entry to new players.

Listen, I'm not saying that hard classes need to be added to the game ala UW, but there should be meaningful ways to customize your character that create real trade-offs deeper than what power attack you get access to.

6. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Lol, this is literally what the other game has already done and they're still in beta. Supposedly the next patch and titles will be the nail in the "jack of all trades, master of none" coffin.

I know the roadmap for this game says things that are likely to be expanded upon but it's very bland and can be interpreted different ways. Did anyone else here think that maybe there's no real ideas in the making and that they just put that to keep the carrot on the stick going longer?

Many tryhards on these forums felt the other version wouldn't be able to deliver on the ideas they detailed in their roadmap over a year ago (myself included). At a snail's pace, they've made a decent amount of progress to where these guys might end up making a nice work of art simply "throwing spaghetti at a wall" (according to some here).

7. Tonyjablowme

Tonyjablowme New Member

Made a forum account just to say you are an idiot.

8. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

I was balls deep in UO at that time. Can't say I ever touched Shadow bane

Foomanchu likes this.
  9. Ruiner097

Ruiner097 Goblin Warrior

I just want to say this, DFO ROA has no competition and still no one plays it. There is no other 3d full loot sandbox MMO. There are other full loot sandbox's but one one is in space and the other one is 2d.

The closest thing to ROA is Archeage (kind of but not really).

1000 players online on a map this size is not healthy.

10. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

mortal online

11. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

You spelled minecraft wrong.

Kwatos likes this.
  12. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

Specialization could be good but they would have to add a lot and change a lot. They could easily just allow you to level whatever spells you choose to level. Open it up so you dont have to grind every school to a 100 just to get that one spell you want from the class.
    --- Post updated ---
    I very much agree with this buff other should be in but self buff and all those 20 some plus self buffs should be removed most of them. At the very least let destros cast haste and iron skin on people so we can farm with everyone else. Im like a cancer patient in my clan nobody wants to farm with me.

#72 Mighty Mouse, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    SomeBK likes this.
  13. Kwatos

Kwatos Infernal

The only way to fix this is to make each spell gated to lock the next spell, this is not a troll, kappa.

14. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

I very much agree with this buff other should be self buff and all those 20 some plus self buffs should be removed most of them.
    BUll shit retard grinding is not the content pvp is... make more reasons for pvp not increase grindy bs you go to hell.

15. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

It's cute how he says "WE" when addressing the changes BPG has made yet on the other hand will try to call people delusional when they say the game and devs have catered to his band of tryhards since the inception of the company.

Then, players who weren't no lifing beta come here with the hopes to keep the game alive with their own suggestions and these jokers are still showing them the door like they did all beta.

It sucks because I really like these guys and this company but the game that was labeled a pipe dream a year ago is actually making this one look more and more like one. SMH

Mighty Mouse likes this.
  16. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

You need to get off the forums BK, don't know what happened to you but holy fuck. What you post, turns people away from the game more than any idea you have about what turns people away.

17. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Just calling it like I see it. Been doing it since RoA alpha.

I like how I'm somehow turning players away with my posts??!!

Guys, we figured it out. SomeBK is the scapegoat in case the game doesn't have success

18. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

I heard from some of your x clan mates that hearing you talk in Coms jonah drove people away from the game. They described you as an uber rage nerd who shamed people when they did not do what you wanted. A total control freak gone mad with his own distorted vanity.

19. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Got any names?

20. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

I dont remember but someone was in our discord and said you where like Franchise. That you yelled at people a lot and kind of acted like an elitist. Anyone below you or not up to par was treated like shit in your clan. I dont know if its true or not I just always knew of you and thought it was funny to hear someone talking about you. IN DF1 you had quit before I started playing but I saw all your videos and was actually a fan while I was learning to pvp. Always wondered what you were like to play with. Then I hear this kid talking shit about you thought it was funny thats all.