Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Growth and "content"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wizzy, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

I was sitting at work talking to a fellow gamer about a game he plays and asked what kept him playing for so long and why he kept going back, the answer he gave was not something I had not seen first hand or played a game because of... Seasons, new equipment/items.

To make this easy to understand, compare it to Diablo 3 or WoW seasons...every new season the game gets an influx of players returning because its a chance to get a fresh start and to play a great game again without starting over in terms of your character. Also, adding new gear sets and items/weapons with each season keeps it fresh and exiting.

In Darkfall this would be hard to balance as it would create a larger gap between new players and older existing players but with the new changes coming I think that this would be something easy to pull off and sees like most the tools are already in place.

Already have the kill counters in place for keep track of leader boards. This could be taken a step further for evil and good. Evil players can become more evil with the more blues they kill (with side effects and losing out on things to keep everyone from going red and killing everyone they see) while blues can be the good guys who save agon and are looked up to by the newbs who need their protection. this in itself could spark a WAR of sorts. Depending on the end of the season and your choice of being good or evil would result in getting the Tier X evil Armour/weapon/item or the Tier Y good Armour/weapon/item.

Could have different items and gears that could be made each season to showcase your support for good or evil...could even be some skins over existing items (Think you all are okay with doing this, right?) I for one would love to get some different gear(s) and weapons to use and look at vs the same things I have used since 2009.

Also maybe this could branch off to include some of your changes coming up with territory control, maybe clans can even align themselves to be evil, good or neutral. This could cause a fight between trying to regain an area from the opposing side(s) to allow an area buff (or something) to be included to the group who owns that area of agon. Disclaimer : does not have to be a stat buff, maybe its a gold or item buff to PVE , to get more people out in a particular lands doing PVE , which would in turn allow Reds to "hunt" while other blues try to protect the area and drive up their protector scores on the leaders board (or in this case the "good guy" score") . For this to work the alignment system would have to have a few tweaks to it so blues fighting wouldnt take hits to their alignment based on splash dmg and accidentally hitting someone or getting a final blow because of a whirlwind with a weapon.

Overall I think this has the possibility to add a lot of needed depth to the game and give back a meaning to territory control and being good or evil.

Thoughts or ideas to add on to this ?

2. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

I think it could work. I think a big part of it would be (much better) leaderboards for everything, personal and clan leaderboards..

Also global text in the chat for the people who become the "first" to do something in a new season would be neat, similar to Path of Exile.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #2 onslaught, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Wizzy likes this.
  3. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Honestly something as simple as a unique glow effect would go a long way. But you need PvP,pve,crafting,gathering,conquest, etc all types of boards for rewards. Hard to regulate in a game that breathes the air that darkfall does.

Wizzy likes this.
  4. Mallory Knox

Mallory Knox Goblin Scout
    Legend

I agree about the glowing weapons - something so simple would make a lot of people want to play to get that. A lot of gamers today rely on soley graphics or shiny shit.

The Red King, KingLlama and Wizzy like this.
  5. xpiher

xpiher New Member

Look at how crowfall is doing seasons

Wizzy likes this.
  6. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Fire Elemental
    Tester

From what I read they are adding 4 factions you can choose to fight for that will reward faction armor and weapons.
    --- Post updated ---
    I do wonder if the clans that align with let's say the 3rd faction will automatically be aligned together. Will there be a penalty for killing members of the same faction? @Andrew @Neilk

Wizzy likes this.
  7. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Alignment > Faction so anything alignment related stays the same.
    You are allowed to kill opposing faction, but killing the same faction will result in alignment loss. Reds are still red, rogue are still rogue.

Wizzy likes this.
  8. Sean Connery

Tester

I do wonder if the clans that align with let's say the 3rd faction will automatically be aligned together. Will there be a penalty for ki
    will killing players of the same faction some sort of faction point loss and killing players of an opposing faction some sort of faction point gain?

9. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

You can read about Ultima Online factions to get a good idea as that is where we will be basing it from, but we will be opening discussions on the finer details as we get closer to implementation.

Pimptight likes this.
  10. Sean Connery

Tester

Ok thanks.

11. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

have my babys
    --- Post updated ---
    uo factions tailored to darkfall make me hot

Andrew likes this.
  12. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Best scenario would be you get randomly assigned to one to prevent nutcupping and promote fairness and fun but I highly doubt that would ever happen.

13. Sean Connery

Tester

Or kinda like a fps game I used to play it would not let you pick a team if that team had to many on it already. That was the numbers stayed even.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  14. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

I think rewards for PvP and renown for pvp are what's lacking now....

Factions could help through Leaderboards and unique rewards...

Just seems like players need a reason to do stuff... Idk. My 2cents

P.s. rune book OP, village rewards slightly lacking, portals on map should be linked with red line like in the darkfall map.

MaxiHori, Sean Connery and Wizzy like this.