Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Gulghat Siege

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by NonFactor, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

I love this game, the combat and everything that goes with it, but looking at it from new/newer players perspectives this game must be so hard to get into. Vets have years of experience over clans like Finstack, so I am sure they were losing the majority of their fights, which eventually gets demoralizing for anyone.

Also lets be honest, the game still has very little content at end game, like if you are looking for something more than the great combat and general pvp there really isnt much to do. Dropping sieges for new players is literally blowing money down the drain, and I cant actually think of a good reason to siege at all tbh, as most places are very easily accessible due to portals etc.

Politics are non existent, everyone is playing friendly even fightfall, top guilds shack up at any point a challenge rears its head (cough Mamengruk cough). True characters that drove real politics such as xyz, frank sinatra, old Jonah etc arent even playing or have changed the way they look at the game.

Ill be here to the bitter end, and im glad gulghat will actually be used now, but clans like Finstack leaving really doesnt make me feel confident of the games survival past beta numbers again.

BootyEater69 likes this.
  2. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

The problem with that whole corridor of mine cities is that they're almost unlivable being surrounded by some of the worst mobs in the game. The best thing to happen to them are the portals that take you to Yssam and the Silvertown portal to the Iklit dungeon.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Synik likes this.
  3. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

Was Finstack even playing still? I hadn't seen a single one in weeks. I play at all hours and have been in their city at all hours and never saw a single one. (not one of the siegers btw just someone in the area a lot)

4. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

agree, thats evident.

but, whats the remedy?

5. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

Its probably too late now, I cant see this game ever getting a massive influx of new players like that again, its a shame some of the smaller elite clans didnt help them out with an alliance, or even some of the bigger ones, cause regardless of what most of these egotards think, new and bad players have to zerg and numbers do not = an even fight in most cases.

#25 Lincoln Hawk, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    BootyEater69 likes this.
  6. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

i posted about that several times here before the launch.

the gap between noobs and vets is ridiculously high ane everyone knows that..

a vet can beat easily ten noobs if manage that properly.

BootyEater69 likes this.
  7. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

I don't think finstack left, ive fought a few of the on niff in the last to weeks. I DIDN'T DRAW the connect of kryzerok being allied to the for some reason.

That said with the way the server works you cant be an all Eu or all Na clan. Your gonna need competent members at all hours and strong leaders capable of holding things down in your off hours because there's no realistic way for BPG to make siege timezones without destroying the playability of them.

Look at finstack, they were an all finish guild that got sieged at 7am on a weekday by an American guild where it was 10: 30-12: 30 on a weeknight and they could only muster 10 people.

The options as a guild leader in that position are to

A: merge or ally an alternating timezone guild that you trust is capable of holding you cities
    B: get a siege pact with an alternating timezone guild
    C: show up to of hours siege (will affect you psychologically eventually)
    D: give up the holding and live out of chaos cities.

Citys and hamlets are a test of wether or not your guild with you as a leader are capable of holding things together and the leaders these days have to realize the game has changed since 2009.
    The population has far surpassed 2009 and the desire to own land is going to turn people canibalistically against one another regardless of hours.

8. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

If any finnstack are still playing please PM me here or in game

Bladra and sky like this.
  9. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Vets are going to hate to hear this, but....

The proiblem is the meta is so stale that everyone is an expert at it or a noob, with little in between and the barrier to entry is so high there is really only one solution.

Change the meta so every vet isnt already a pro with it so new players have some fighting chance, but as it stands only the heartiest noob will survive their first month and im not sure there are enough of those.

Told you you'd hate it... :p

Slayven and NonFactor like this.
  10. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

It's impossible to win with this community. Either you bank stare or your city is dead. We had a group of 8 people running around Alb yesterday. Just because you hit it at off time doesnt mean nobody lives there lol.

People being able to create/delete characters and bank jack without leaving any traces is a bigger issue then them being new players.

11. shibb

shibb Goblin Warrior

Issue is. Every vet clan is acting as a merc clan for their existence. Instead of leading the population into politics. And creating real drama outside of public sieges. Game needs "leaders" and drama. Not mercs pretending to villians.

Slayven likes this.
  12. YaBootyIsFruity

YaBootyIsFruity Gravelord
    Legend

I notice a lot of people crying because the political landscape is stale atm but engaging in massive server wars although it is entertaining has in the past caused entire alliances to go inactive. Don't quote me. But I think I heard Jonah say on stream that he's not going to be super political in the iteration slot of clans probably feel the same.

13. The Boss

The Boss Skeleton Archer

But finstack don't play the game anymore and they have 2 cities. Doesn't make sense. I can tell you for a fact that when they bought kryzerok their alliance had like 20 active players in that city on nifl at primetime. I can also tell you for a fact that I've seen 2 of them playing the game at any time in the last 2 weeks. They all quit except one or two. Why would it matter when they were sieged if they don't play the game, holdings should be used and they weren't using it and also aren't using kryzerok.

14. White Panda

White Panda Goblin Warrior

From what i heard finnstack left cuz they had maxxed chars quite fast and then got bored cuz they felt like there is nothing to do. They didnt leave cuz the game was too hard on them. They lacked reasons to go do shit once their chars were maxxed and their city was built.

Most sieges happen heavily at na time, and eu doesnt have enough different guilds for sieges.

In df1 sieges happend more at a time where eu could attend now they happen at 5am eu time during the weekdays.

#34 White Panda, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  15. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

bullshit

16. White Panda

White Panda Goblin Warrior

well thats what one of the remaining ones said