Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Harvesting Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rikilii, May 9, 2017.

1. Liverbest Gibs

Liverbest Gibs Spellgazer
    Hero

Uh, no. Stop and think about what you wrote here.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

You're missing out. The stat gains are huge.

3. Nooblet

Nooblet Goblin Shaman
    Legend

This really needs to change you cant live out of holdings because nodes anywhere near are all hit. Like 2-3 harvestors and the area is emptied in no time =(

Slayven likes this.
  4. Count Morris

Count Morris Goblin Warlord

really? Yes there was clearly sarcasm obviously there is not infinite amounts of tree's but there are thousands. There is no scarcity of tree's.

5. Flux D

Flux D Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Legend

Exactly. And as OP said 'Optimized to suck maximally' lol

6. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

So here's the real problem with that thought process we know from previous iterations of Darkfall that people had alts and that would help to flood the market with material with the new harvesting changes there won't be as many alts therefore there won't be as many materials people would rather actively go PVP then sit and Harvest I don't hate the design per se but I truly believe that it will create bottlenecks unless addressed properly

Owyn Magnus likes this.
  7. Nef

Nef Ghost

Trees are also the least useful lol

8. fullmight

fullmight Goblin Warrior

Yeah this new way is more boring and also really makes you need to wait for a bloody server restart if you want iron since it's too damn easy to strip mine the entire dark fall map.

Slayven likes this.
  9. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Maps depleted in 30 mins....broke

10. Count Morris

Count Morris Goblin Warlord

Yes tree's may not be as useful as ore of course, especially in 'end game' content, but my point is that this problem really only relates to Ores. I think between the combination of the game literally just launching, the amount of new players and how dense starting areas are, people may just be overthinking this whole problem.

Also, gathering becomes slightly faster as you level up your gathering skills. I personally prefer to force players to be active and moving around the map more to get resources. This also makes resources more valuable in the economy. This is all just my personal opinion though :p

11. Sethisto

Sethisto Goblin Shaman

I've found it best to multitask it still. Usually I play WoW or another game while doing it. Isn't it the same thing as before but faster? Instead of sitting there for 5 minutes you can sit there for 1 and get the same number of resources. If you still want to afk and make a sandwich you'd come back to the same skillups and resources anyway in 5. How is that not better? Just pretend your character is still mining if it bugs you.

12. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Lol u don't get the point obvious...point is u run 45 mins to an hour with out finding a hittable ore nod..because it take 30 minutes to clear the map. Lol broke....

Synchro666 and MisterTea like this.
  13. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I can watch a whole one piece episode as i tab in & out easy. You just need to get used to it. It's a good mixture of semi-afk activity, but not worth enough to spend money on a alt account that does nothing, but harvesting.

14. MisterTea

MisterTea Infernal
    Legend

yeah at first i really liked the changes until i got out and started gathering. it's horrible now theres nothing for literal miles on the map, I went 7 tiles this morning and every single node was empty (i hit them) then when you do find a node, it has 30ore in it if you're lucky

15. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

I see this as a huge problem I said then in beta why would u make this change and not for see the map cleared in a matter of minutes..and not add any nodes..bad change in my option in said it then and say it now..add more make drop rates lower if this is the method u going with.

16. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

ore is fine, leave the starter zone you dolts. when we need to push a craft like 6 of us go mine 300 ore each in 10 mins...its out there just not behind the safety of guard towers. at least not a ton. the harvesting time is excellent imo. i can still watch a movie and move my guy and get even better yields.

Count Morris likes this.
  17. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

That's a valid complaint.

I never have a problem with tree's and bushes, but for the iron nodes, it feels like it takes forever to find just 1. Then again, it has not even been a week yet; we don't know if the pop will remain that big.

Let's assume it will become more popular than it already is, i would agree that nodes have to be replenished quicker as a counter-measurement.

18. MisterTea

MisterTea Infernal
    Legend

Mate i'm away from starter zones i even kill the miners I see and it's not worth the alignment hit, i'm lucky if i get any ore off them at all. You are not getting better yields as they lowered the yield across the entire map by reducing the capacity but not increasing the amount of nodes, i even farm a nice spot with maybe 25 nodes at server up and even with mastery the amount of ore you get is incredibly low

19. Ninogan

Ninogan Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Definitely miss the old way a ton!

20. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Dunno what to tell you other than find a decent spawn of nodes. I got too many to count where my clan is around and i see tons out in the world away from my area.However the yields are better imo. They reduced the speed so if you are actively farming it is better yield. I honestly love it. We can get over a hundred per in 10 minutes where as last time a single node took...5-8 minutes to clear for 52 ore? i like this better.

Count Morris and RobTheAxe like this.