Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

heads from kills sellable for alignment?

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by tapeworm, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

Aligment should be number one protection measure in full loot open world game like Darkfall as noobs are meeting up with vets on a daily basis.

There needs to be a mechanic to stop vets to roflestomp new players as they please. Currently being red is unbalanced and overpowered as there is no downside in it so implementing some kind of penalty is needed.

This game should be balanced around risk and reward and there is no risk in being red at all.

2. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Their is a risk in being red, it is that you can be killed any time any one and cannot seek protection from towers, this is not the game your looking for, this is not a game about penalties, do ya know why no other game like this exists and why it has the best pvp? it is because someone can play it the way they want without fear of being penalized by a company. Punishment for following the basic design of the game makes 0 sense. Your core niche crowd would lose interest, this is not a theme park game, it is not BDO it is a ruthless world not unlike a survival type of game and that is how it was meant to be.

3. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

What? You are trying to tell me that blues cannot be killed any time? Lol.
    And that red cannot seek protection of towers why did he even try for something like that when Npc cities are uselles when you can get everything from player holdings.
    Maybe its not the game what YOU are looking for because like everything what you described as a positive about this game is exactly the same like in BDO or any other survival game out there. Killing other people without reason and consequences with a massive character and gear advantage. What? You serious? I get it playerbase is too big in this game for you as you are more used to play mmos with max 100 players per server capacity like rust or dayz and i asure you with that kind of mentality you will be playing Darkfall with same 100 people on server "soon".

4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

some people kill newbs. you act like it is a majority of the pop, punishing the entire population for an act committed by less than 1% of the populations is a sever lack of judgement and is basically the act of a pissed off kid that got beat up in df, It is a ruthless world and hard to survive in and if people can survive in Rust and keep playing it with all the wipes and base raids then why is it so hard to do it here??

5. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

Man you saying that only 1% of population is killing nobs and then in the same sentence you are saying that this change punish majority of population, lol.

The point of punishing people for killing blues is just to discourage them to do so in a first place. If you have better idea how to give new players more breathing room to grow, share it.

You dont even need to be red to pvp entire islands are lawless, majority of player holdings are lawless, center of Agon is lawless there is plenty of room for you to go out and kill people.

And no i didnt get killed on spawn in this version of darkfall not even once.

#25 Ledwulf, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  6. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Jesus ya need a step by step instruction manural to understand? I did not know I was speaking with the special needs.

Not many people spend time killing newbs, normally just a very small percent of the pop do. Other people do kill blues because all of the blues in the game are not new players. (still keeping up with me so far?) Ok so now you implement this dumb punish reds crap (cause your feelings are hurt) and yes you maybe change the mind of the small amount of newb slayers but you also hurt the players going red that kill blue players that are not a newb ( still keeping up? I cannot do this much slower or in more detail) So here ya go a detailed explanation of why those things were in the same sentence and for whatever reason you were unable to comprehend that there is a difference

If I had a good idea to help protect newer players I would share, my current path is to keep retarded ideas like punishing players playing a game that they pay for monthly from being added and hurting this amazing game.

Tons of areas around player cities and all over the main continent are blue zone, several islands around main continent are blue areas the blue areas on the much larger main continent likely amount to nearly 2 times as much as the lawless areas on the main continent and this game is not about safe places, I mean I have mentioned this fact many times and you seem driven to try and change that about this game we don't need to change that about this game cause every other fucking game out their does this and we don't want it here. thanks

7. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

So basicaly what are you trying to say is that you rather sit and watch as all new blood in game gets griefed out of it instead of trying to find a solution how to balance reds. Becouse reds get everything and risking nearly nothing. I can understand that you trying to defend your playstyle and i cant imagine Darkfall being without any reds at all but playing one should have some meaning and consequences as this is actually what darkfall suppose to be about.

And by "we" you mean the last 100 people that played before server shutdown i suppose.
    Good luck paying bills for servers with population like that ;)

#27 Ledwulf, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  8. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Your making assumptions and should really stop cause ya saound silly as fuck, No where in anything I said did I mention anything even remotely close to the dumb shit ya just said in line one not even close.

Here ya go again making assumptions, saying I am defending my playstyle I am blue and have only been red 1 time by accident, so stop with your whiney I want it my way bull shit, My efforts and arguments go towards the good of the game it is what I am all about but just because you have this shit stuck in your head as being a good idea because some other shit games did it does not make it right or a good idea.

9. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

Other shit games that did this didnt die, mate.

10. Madmatt

Madmatt Deadeye
    Hero

Ledwulf, don't try to have a rationale conversation with that one. He only speaks Ad Hom.

Ledwulf likes this.
  11. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

I thought he's trolling but he's just dumb.

12. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

yes I am the dumb one that wants to put a shit system in shit pvp games into a good pvp game

13. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Per the norm this topic has take a turn for worse. To the OP I made a write up for a kill system similar to Eve Online. In short, a blue player is killed by someone and they are awarded a free kill on them anytime anywhere up to 30 days after. This kill right can be sold to anyone, but most of the money would go to the government, aka gold sink, and the rest would be awarded to the original owner. The head would be proof of payment. Timestamp on the head would prove it happened after and the person who got the gank would likely have to match the person who owned the kill right before any rewards would be given to the individual. There are a lot more details of course and will leak more when time comes.

Ledwulf likes this.
  14. qvq

qvq Goblin Shaman

Guild and or alliance bounty would work. So they can't kill with all.