Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Help with resolution issue.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oxhorn904, May 6, 2017.

1. Oxhorn904

Oxhorn904 New Member

I can finally log in, but the 2 resolution choices do not work for my laptop so I can only hit quit, I cant see anything else. The picture is way too big for my screen. Any suggestions?

2. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Please open up regedit (strat menu - Regedit) and go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Big Picture Games -> Darkfall RoA.

A couple things to try once there:

Change DisplayMode to 0 for windowed and then run the game
    Change the resolution numbers for height/width
    If the above don't work please try deleting them all and then start the game

3. Oxhorn904

Oxhorn904 New Member

Thanks that did fix the issue, I just need to find out my screens width an length.

4. zakai

zakai Goblin Scout
    Legend

I'm having a similar resolution issue where the UI is displaying twice. Attached is a URL of a picture displaying the issue. Any known fix for 2x display of the UI?

5. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Could be your windows settings, try setting your windows text to 100% if it isn't already, restarting your computer and then loading up darkfall. If that does not work please try the repair feature in the main darkfall menu.

6. zakai

zakai Goblin Scout
    Legend

Windows fon't was already set to 100%. I'll attempt the repair function now.
    --- Post updated ---
    None of those steps corrected the issue.

7. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Please open up regedit (strat menu - Regedit) and go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Big Picture Games -> Darkfall RoA.

A couple things to try once there:

Change DisplayMode to 0 for windowed and then run the game
    Change the resolution numbers for height/width
    If the above don't work please try deleting them all and then start the game

8. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Undead Dwarf

The only working combination to me is:

1) DisplayMode to Borderless
    2) Windows font's to 100%
    3) resolution to 2560x1440

Everything else ends up being either a small window or at startup the regedit value revert to 1080 by themeselfs.

It's solved to me but the second point it's quite a bother, I'm used to 125% sizes

9. Spear Chucker

Spear Chucker Goblin Warrior
    Legend

Thank you. This worked fine. I'll spend the next few weeks messing around in game and chatting. If all seems good and I'm sure it will, I have vets from beta '08 to the end of '12 ... all from Austin, Texas, NE USA, S. Korea, Scandinavia, Italy and the surrounding region that would like to see a full scale siege (multi-scale and massive) to observe mechanics (yet again as I paid for this 2+ years ago to individuals to show and it was a 20 minute failure of epic proportions with ... I'm guessing 30 individuals involved and only in the outskirts, with no city siege).

My team loves the game, the niche and have mobile 5G designs for similar. I'll give details later. We want Twitch, full access to TS or w/e audio venue all sides use for observance. Tough sell to lazy mofo's but this is what we wish. DF was ahead of its time other than Shadowbane, in our opinion, yet more sandbox and skill oriented than any other at that time. More competition abounds, now. Sandbox niche games are still a goldmine for those that prefer actual ability and skill in game play.

Fortnite may be the cash making future for soybois, but not what we have in mind.

No promises, other than being apart of our study. Should RoA allow all that are interested in this plan to compile an email list and we later have access, that'll benefit everyone well.

Looking forward to jumping into RoA. Hope there are more than ~300 playing. Not joking.

Personally, I was atrocious at DF, being disabled, but I still love the concept.

Spears

10. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Chosen of Khamset

Havent been able to play in fullscreen and alt tab since I made the switch to win10. Anyone know a workaround so I can play in full and alt tab

11. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

@kilrain If you find a fix for this i'll love you long time.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  12. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Wait what?

13. Ygolohcysp

Ygolohcysp Goblin Scout
    Benefactor

yea i was thinking the same thing

Lexendros likes this.