Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Hey Look.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sero, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

When is that picture even from? It definitely wasn't at the end of DFO. You paint the picture that AV closed a thriving and popular game lol.

Shit, look at the RoA forums if you want an indication of activity. 100 active people, 80% of them not even logged in. Games poppin bro.

2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

upload_2017-6-23_6-26-23.png

CAN YOU TELL ME WHY DARKFALL "CRASHED AND BURNED".

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN THE REST OF THE FORUM WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM.

upload_2017-6-23_6-27-30.gif

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. sky

sky Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor

not worth the time for myself or any of the people i play with to kill or contest them.

more efficient in just about every way to just kill mobs that drop high gold amounts and then buy it off the market.

more gains, more money and if youre actively buying via alt while doing this, much more rare ore per hr.

not to mention, infinitely less travel time to a dedicated selentine golem spawn.

Inkarnation, Circa, Fengor and 3 others like this.
  4. Zaffa Hex

Zaffa Hex Skeleton Archer
    Legend

I would normally agree entirely. Who cares how much time others play.

The difference in this case is you are taking about someone who lurks 24/7 on the forum insulting and haranging any players with dramatically less time who want to raise their concerns or issues with the game from a casual or time constrained point of view. To the point where any genuinely useful feedback is lost by all the shouting and spamming.

I honestly cant think of any single poster who does more to create a horrficially toxic atmosphere on these boards, in particular by shouting down and spamming out concerns over the games time sink - at which point if the person plays the game as a full time job it is kind of relevant really!

#44 Zaffa Hex, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  5. Brown Dorf

Brown Dorf Goblin Warlord

Holy fuck did tasos do a ted talk?

Sique, Fengor and Sero like this.
  6. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Can you give me some points on how to shout through non-verbal communication?

Can you also give me your concerns on the games time sink. You seem to be more reasonable then the rest of the individuals whining on the forums. I am more than happy to show you why all your concerns are illogical and childish :D

Attached Files:

7. Zaffa Hex

Zaffa Hex Skeleton Archer
    Legend

I am not foolish enough to bother providing any feedback at this point or really bothering to get involved in any real discussion on the forum in its current cess pit form. Because the constant name calling and us vs them vibe on the froums makes all these threads totally useless to any devs.

I did however provide a lot of feedback throughout beta, in the hope of creating a better game that could attarct and sustain a larger audience. If you are really interested in my opinions you can take a look - generally speaking I am in favour of maintining the pvps integrity, reducing grind and gear requirements on basic viable gears to build a more inclusive game that caters to a broader range of players and allows players to enjoy the fun aspects of the game faster rather than insisting on a pre-grind before the game starts. A game whose development shoud revolve around adding more real content, rather than grind as a time sink to compensate the lack of content.

The details of this are in my beta posts, along with detailed descriptions of my beta grind, in hours etc etc. I was in the top ten pvers list of beta - so I am not lazy or a whiner but I did provide good feedback on how it could be less time intensive for those who couldnt spend the time I did . I try and see things not only from my own perspective. And I am open to hearing other players perspectives without bellliteling them from the get go.

But I think you should allow other people to voice their opinions without restorting to throwing out old DF forumfall memes, personal insults and generally acting like a pre-pubescent child. I guess that is in address to your first point. Both sides to any discussion hold value. But no value can be derived from threads that descend into us vs them, and I can only assume it pushes the devs further away from wasting their time on the forum fedback.

Woah - long post - thats me done for this month. have fun ladies!!

8. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Great post. BPG already set the precedent that they will ban people from their forums who troll by banning Maejhol, but now for weeks people that are even worse like Sero and TryHard are allowed to spam the forums with their toxicity and stupidity.

Papito and Inkarnation like this.
  9. Sylvas Alstratam

Sylvas Alstratam Goblin Warrior

Sure... I thought it were common knowledge by now but here we go.

Darkfall Online failed not just for one reason but a "compiling" of several.

Reason 1) The hacking got too intense with no relief. A lot of players didn't want to go out and farm for hours for gear bags just to have some random naked fall hack onto their back and they lose everything. All the while AV taking no real stance against it which of course gave birth to the rumors that GMs/Devs were allowing it to happen because of friendships or clan mates.

Reason 2) The exploiting reached levels that are unfathomable. Why would legit players want to play in a rigged game stacked against them. You spend valuable time and lots of it getting your character ready only to have a group of players be maxed in a fraction of time by abuse. All the while AV taking no real stance against it which of course gave birth to even more rumors that GMs/Devs were allowing it to happen because of friendships or clan mates.

Reason 3) AV with it's half truths and whole lies. They falsely advertised their game and didn't deliver even 10% of what was promised. What legitimate player really wants to pay for undelivered product. All the while AV not course correcting which gave birth to rumors that the Devs really had no idea what they were doing.

Reason 4) The infamous AV Silence. AV kept it's players in the dark on EVERYTHING. Going months without a word to their community on what was going on. All the while AV not course correcting which gave birth to even more rumors that AV had no idea what it was doing.

Reason 5) We can all agree that it doesn't matter what "you really are"... it only matters what "everyone thinks you are". With all the incredibly shady stuff going on AV became a company known for bad dealings. When a company garners that reputation it drives away any "new blood" from taking the risk. So your left with the same toxic population that contributed to it's downfall.

Sero likes this.
  10. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

Either way I don't see why people would cry about sele ore... you can just buy it off other players lol. It ain't that expensive... Is kind of annoying that the spawn locations are a bit odd, but trading is fine really. If all else fails players can always buy already crafted items from others.

11. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

I'd rather grind r60 mats/enchants than full plate. It's not worth the investment.

12. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

Yes, add sele golems to mainland so I don't have to hear the reeeeeee children of the server so they leave the island golems alone. More for me.

13. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

people have lives man, you obviously don't that's why you take the 2 hour time out of your 18 hour roa schedule to farm a selentine golem that gives you 1-2 ore.
    --- Post updated ---
    you're right sele golem is easy to kill but is it really worth it for 1-2 ore??? how do you not understand this? when you get a job and get medical insurance go see a doctor you fucking moron.

14. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I guess wanting the whiners and complainers to bring some facts and statistics to the table to support their claims is stupid.

I guess their incessant whining and complaining about things that are proven to be perfectly ok isn't toxic.

upload_2017-6-23_9-32-7.gif upload_2017-6-23_9-32-8.gif upload_2017-6-23_9-32-8.gif

Stay Ignorant Kid.

upload_2017-6-23_9-32-4.gif
    --- Post updated ---
    In no way am i stopping people from voicing their opinions. I do not have that power. Sorry you think I am some god, I am but a man.

I have always acted in accordance into the arguments being thrown at me. If you argue like a child, you will be treated like a child. If you argue like an idiot, you will be treated like an idiot.

This isn't the forum feedback thread homie. This is general discussion, where the children come to whine, because they can't provide any evidence to their claims, they just want it, and they want it now.

I understand the need to help casuals become acclimated to Darkfall. I have never once denied, if you can find a post where I did, i'll gladly apologize for it.

The acquiring of full plate is very, very easy. You kill a selentine golem, which takes approximately 1 minute, with the cost of a blackbolt and 120 gold for 60 mandrake, and you receive a 1 piece of full plate valued at roughly 1500 gold. This is the definition of easy. Here is me depicting this:

The argument that Destroyers need full plate to have more protections than a mage is another one being thrown around in general discussion. Guess what, it's another falsehood, as depicted by pictures here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do not confuse my babysitting with toxicity. The toxicity was there before my time, I am only here to crush it, and contain it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Here are some more facts on the subject:

A Full Plate Set = 46 Leather, 138 Iron Ingots, 11 Selentine Ingots, 560 Gold

= 11 SELE GOLEMS

An Infernal Set = 38 Leather, 24 Iron Ingots, 19 Leenspar Ingots, 8 Fiend Claw, 1 Rakta Blood, 2 Selentine Ingots 1025 Gold

= 5 LEENSPAR GOLEMS, 4 GARDAROCS, 2 SELE GOLEMS

Attached Files:

#54 Sero, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Ogrinn likes this.
  15. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

My favorite part of this thread was Sero calling people childish and then posting that.

Edit: well this makes a whole lot less sense now that the thread was cleaned up :eek:

Sero likes this.
  16. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

:)

17. Papito

Papito Goblin Scout

Because 669,987 people decided it was not worth paying for.

18. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Supporter

My favorite part of this thread was when I posted absolutely nothing of value on the subject, and only let people know that I pooped four times today.

Dixie Normus and Sero like this.
  19. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

You can keep screaming this until you're blue in the face playing a dead game yet again

The reality is selentine rarity is way out of whack for an entry level 'just got crafting mastery' tier

UW had it right
    You don't need to

The state of this game in 1-2 months will speak for itself

On the + side the ND guys have been watching this game to learn from mistakes so there's always that but yuck local banking

20. Byzantinian

Byzantinian Goblin Warrior

Maejhol was banned because he turns every thread on both RoA forums and /r/darkfall into a New Dawn promotion thread. He is doing his best job internet-warrioring to actively kill RoA without realizing he's harming the Darkfall IP overall. He's not interested in conversation or fixing the problems of RoA, he wants it to clone DND or shut down.

Sique likes this.