Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

High end food.

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by propain, 21 May 2017.

1. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

The high end food is kind of worthless right now. The ones that give stats and protections are the ones im talking about. The effect is cool and great except for one problem. They don't give any nourishment bonus. This food would be worth its grind if it at least had like bread or wildberry nourishment stacked on top of the stats or protections. Something to regain some stats. Because as it stands no nourishment in pvp equates to a dead player most of the time.

Stuffed mushrooms and the fried onions would still be better in their own way for pure nourishment but at least give something to this high tier food to make it seen more please.

EDIT: Someone just mentioned that protection food and stat food stack with nourishment food, can anyone confirm this? That might be pretty decent then.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 propain, 21 May 2017
    Last edited: 21 May 2017
    LordCaligular, Nat and Xipos<3 like this.
  2. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Patron Legend

Cooking is designed poorly too. Once you get mastery, you need carcass bones to proceed. These are very hard to get. Also, the food you can make at 100 normal skill is far superior to anything you can make with mastery but it doesn't skill up mastery! My clan wants the 100 cooking skill food. The mastery food I need to level isn't wanted. I am forced to make shit that no one wants and that is hard to find in order to skill up mastery. Its dumb.

3. Veeshan

Veeshan Crypt Guard

Mastery only good at 100. Also Food buff do stack except there like a 8minute CD period on food once u eat. So the 30 min stat food can be useful if u know ur gonna start a fight in 8 min u can eat the stat food wait 8 min and eat good norishment food and rotate between all 3 on timer once you get all 30 minute duration food.

Edit: takes like 25 Carcass bones to hit 25 mastery btw, best thing to kill for them is Mooses i find they skin it somewhat commonly for 1-3, so wasnt to bad took me like 6 hours of running round hunting mooses in human lands.

4. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

It wouldn't be so bad if you could buy some ingredients (like carcass bone) but the market is pretty poor right now. They put a lot of cooking mats on low end mobs and wildlife and through exploration, so maybe they expect people to go hunting. I could see that being a thing with vendors perhaps.

However, I love how cooking has 'components' that are needed for more advanced recipes. I'd love to see that in other crafts, perhaps every craft should have some kind of level 1 or 25 component with some that can be used across multiple crafts. They would be valuable forever and even low level people could produce them and sell.

propain likes this.
  5. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

i agree i tried to find 1 carcass bone yesterday so my buddy could get some mastery or something and we ran around for like 2 hours not getting lucky on bighorn drops lol.
    --- Post updated ---
    I enjoy the hunting aspect of it. Like the crates, papyrus and all that it gets some people out in the world, its just some of the mats are a little bit too far in between...like the bone lol.

#5 propain, 21 May 2017
    Last edited: 21 May 2017
  6. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I would like some realistic uses for the 1k+ meat building up in my bank. Can't even make jerky with it anymore smh.

MikeJT, RootedOak and Nat like this.
  7. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

yes it stacks, u can eat a second different food type after the first food you consumed is half way through its duration

8. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

You should be able to have one nourishment bonus and one sushi bonus active simultaneously. I love the way carcass bones are and I hope it is not changed or made easier, the game improves when there are tasks that not everyone wants to do, it creates jobs, hobbies, and stimulates the economy. I hope the game continues to go in that direction, things like skeleton bones and ribcages are awesome.

Slayven, Green Chili and Wes Furtive like this.
  9. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter Lifetime

Remove protection food.

Simple.