Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Higher ranked gear should have more durability or not break so fast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nat, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

Both you know what i mean trolly mc troll face ;) the dura loss is far too great i dont mind the true forge change but 30 dura stuff breaks in 10 minutes of duels.
    --- Post updated ---
    ALSO took me 1 r60 dagger per devil thats fucking stupid when we had 10 dudes on it.
    --- Post updated ---
    if i was 3-5 man i could see using a whole 150 dura r60 dagger but with 10 dudes or more thats nutts
    --- Post updated ---

2. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Both. Also really fun to have to bring 2 sets of gear and 3 weapons to farm. Literally lose money farming with anything above r40 now and enchants over q2 are out of the question. Also the buff other changes made PvE harder/take longer with no increase in loot. Its too tedious to buff other 55 times to clear one mob spawn. Either the mob loot needs buffed, mob HP needs nerfed , the buff other changes get changed or reverted or something else.

It was basically a net gain in tedium this patch for a lot of players :(
    Worst part is they don't seem to realize how fast people get turned off from bad changes like these. People won't wait 1-2 weeks for the game to get unfucked.

Ylahoto and Aristos Giannes like this.
  3. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

I dont like the recent changes on this terrain, ofc is sucks burn ur gear quicker.. but i think they dont know how to keep ppl with some scarcity that make them go outisde and pve. i think thats the main point of discussion.

lets keep the old durability and maintenance.. but what we gonna do to avoid the alpha feeling???

4. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

The problem is its too much. Whats the point of making people PvE for better gear when its a net loss? If you can't use r60 daggers to make more r60 daggers worth of resources then you are wasting your time. Right now you are forced to use r40 daggers with no higher than q2 enchants because at least those you can replace easily when they break every 10 minutes. Same with armor, can't use FP or higher to farm because you end up losing money on the dura losses. Now people dont even want to log in. Whats the point if no matter what you do you are losing money unless you are in shit gear?

5. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Why implement changes like this piecemeal? Unless you made one too many purple robes and want to make good use of them.

Fengor and Nat like this.
  6. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

ure right about everything u said above. i agree.

but, like i said.. how to remove grinding and stuff making everything maxxed and easier and keep ppl outside pveing?

that something we need to suggest to them because it was the reason they removed maintenance, reagent conservation, trueforge etc..

7. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Until things are sorted out, one of two things HAS to happen: reintroduce maintenance, or reduce enchanting cost to one of each mat instead of 5. Right now it's absolutely ridiculous, the game has never been more tedious.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor, Ylahoto, Lexendros and 8 others like this.
  8. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Why must you release half baked systems? Not only is this shit beta level patches, we have to wait for the rest of it while real content is put on hold. You're stretching your remaining players faith here.

Harley Franklin and Scrubby Bear like this.
  9. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Varangian Warthane
    Hero

We need the gear durability patched asap, wearing nothing but bone and robes until that happens

10. Straws ForGrasping

Straws ForGrasping New Member
    Legend

It might make sense to have a dynamic Durability reduction system, where PVE'ing won't grind the dura on gear so heavily, but PVP will grind the durability at a different(higher) rate but not much higher than the old existing durability deletion rate.

Ylahoto and Sjouks like this.
  11. Gaius_Octavian

Gaius_Octavian Goblin Warrior
    Legend

Please listen to what people are saying. A change like this CANNOT come as the "first of a series." If this is some attempt to flush gear out of the economy, it isn't going to work. Two days from now you won't see a single person running around in anything other than a robe.

As a result of this change and uncertainty regarding future patches, no one is going to farm anything since it's harder to turn a profit, and no one is going to pull out good gear because it feels like a waste of durability. Rebalance the game and gear, I'm all for it. Don't make gear effectively harder to get, only to have it last for a much shorter period of time.

12. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

The dura thing needs to be patched like... yesterday.

No one is going to gear up in anything more than a robe.

And the worst thing about it is (yet again, I hate to be that guy) I'm going to tell literally everyone I play with/talk to/encounter to do the same.

And even worse than that... is that noobs/underskilled/average players are going to wonder why they're dying while wearing full gear sets to an elf with 18ping in a robe... get discouraged, and log off.

Scrubby Bear likes this.
  13. Prodigy_Burn

Prodigy_Burn Deadeye

Same here, log in with a friend, duel for less than one hour, shits broke, log off and go play expeditions in albion.

Waiting for this fix to log again.

#33 Prodigy_Burn, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  14. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

ITT: players with biggest banks and most gear crying about dura loss.

Most casuals who play don't have q4keened r60daggers with fp armor to farm in. Starting to feel their pain a bit?

Green Chili likes this.