Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Hit-sound, combat log and waypoints nerf.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrapnotcrap, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

How do you guys feel about hit-sound and combat log?

I think that AOE damages should not trigger them at all as hit sound or in combat log.

In DFO, we use magma bomb and field aoe's just to scan players in our blind spot. I think we should introduce new spells or ways to actually scan players.

As for waypoints, i want them to be removed. I like the idea of smoke signals, but they're never used since they're obsolete exactly because of waypoints. With them removed, we're gonna use smoke signals and while they're gonna become useful, they definitely can expose a group in the open. At the same time, we can introduce even more scout type abilities like traps and more.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Suicidesheep

Suicidesheep Goblin Shaman
    Legend

I think both hit sounds and waypoints should stay in the game.

Hitsounds on AOEs i think should be tweaked to only have the sound hit on the first AOE tick so you dont get spammed with the hitsound.

Waypoints i believe were a very amazing tool to use in a hectic scenario where you need to show your location or a location of a target you had low, i dont think it should be touched. With replacing waypoint with smokescreen like you suggested will just make things all clunky because ones its cast you cant update it like you could with waypoint. Waypoint gave an up to date location of where people needed to be. I personally loved the waypoint mechanic.

3. bLazeyD

bLazeyD New Member

I always thought the hit marker and sound for arrows was a bit OP. Without both the player is reliant on his confidence in his abilities.

4. Zeb

Zeb Infernal
    Wealthy Hero

I would only accept removal of hitsounds, if they made every damaging hit vs an enemy to make him scream in pain..

I remember in sieges, laying down a volcano and have a real sense of joy hearing all the hit sounds rapidly repeating..
    I can only imagine the joy of hearing enemys scream in pain.

5. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

My opinion is, there's no option even tho there's one. Hit sound gives an advantage. It's always good to know if something connected. I personally wish it was removed because i'm the type who prefer immersion over game-play sometime, but very lightly. Removing hit-sound would most def improve the immersion slightly.

At the same time, i would not mind hit-sound as much if it only worked on direct hits since like i said, it's often used as a scan or to blew up a cover/choke point completely. Combat log basically does the same thing; it can be used to blow up covers and exposing enemy numbers in places where you don't got an eye.

Same goes for way-points and that's a response to the guy above you. I would it would be cool if smoke signal was a range spell instead of a very short ray. Would it not be badass to use smoke signals regularly rather than way-points?

6. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Yeah, but that to me is a nostalgia moment. I get it, but i would rather leave room for more sneaky approach than something like that. Replacing hit-sound with enemies screaming would get old real quick. With inferno, you can already hear the damage connect with the enemies on fire visually, but if you're too far away, you can't hear them since volcano's sound effect is already way too loud.

7. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

I never used hit sounds...
    Its not a huge deal really.

Way points being changed to smoke signal is a horrible idea.
    That spell is in fire magic, is frickin tiny and times out really quickly.
    Now i realise it could be moved to another school, could be made bigger and to last longer...

But "im down at waypoint" "getting ganked at waypoint"...
    Its really hard to cast a spell when you are down on the ground.

8. trashsmasher

trashsmasher Crypt Guard

9. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Yep, you're right on that. No matter how buffed smoke signal becomes and no matter how accessible it becomes, we still won't be able to use them while dead like way-points for a gank or revive.