Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Hotbar slotception - Binding a Hotbarslot to a Hotbar Slot

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by MikeJT, Jul 19, 2017.

1. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Okay, you're all gonna think I'm mad but hear me out.

I primarily use Greatswords (surprise surprise), so I have practically every greatsword I've ever handled from a JB to something barely better than a Shearsword bound to one slot. Pretty much if I've had it for more than 5 minutes it's bound in order of preference, set to first available.

I don't have to rebind anything when I pull a gear bag out of the bank. It's all done.

I also have two slots for fast-staff and slow staff, also bound in order of preference.

Issue is, if I want a hotbar slot to switch to a staff and instantly cast a spell, I need to bind a staff to that slot. It means rebinding every single staff to each spell I want to instantly cast for every spell I want to instantly cast when I press a button (pretty much all heals/transfers/selfbuffs/explosion)

Solution:

Let us a bind a hotbar slot to a hotbar slot.

Instead of rebinding all those staffs to a slot before the spell, let us drag and drop a hotbar slot onto the hotbar slot! Simplez!

So for my mana to stam I just drag my staff hotbar slot to the first slot of the hotbar I have mana-to-stamina on.

If I already have the staff out when I go to cast, it ignores first hotbar slot option, and just casts.

If I don't already have that staff out, it'll look at what I've got in that particular slot, switch to it, and then cast.

This will also be handy for 1H and shield.

Instead of binding a 1H and a shield to a particular slot, you will have a slot with 1 handers, and a slot with shields, and then bind those 2 slots to your sword and board slot. Set it to first available and you will always switch to your best shield and best 1 hander (of your chosing) and you won't need to rebind your 1h and shield every time you switch bags (unless you've planned ahead and made every bag the same!).

Thoughts?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Nerfsy, Kol Taggar and Wes Furtive like this.
  2. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

I would like something like this also, as I too have mutiple r40/50 weps in the hotbars slots and it is annoying to make sure that you have the correct weapon bound as first available each time you take a new bag from the bank.

I would like to be able to set my 2h slot as highest damage/speed/dura as first available and cycle if needed from there, as an example.

MikeJT likes this.
  3. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Bump because I'd really like this in game.

Nerfsy likes this.
  4. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Based upon a couple of posts, it seems as though you lack the knowledge on how to properly set up some binds with the tools provided... or something...

5. Nerfsy

Nerfsy Goblin Warlord

Drop a knowledge bomb on this issue then, MijeKT's only good idea, ever and you didn't even read it.

Korag likes this.
  6. TyteDaddyTite

Legend

Yeah, I read it. It just seems unnecessary. He's got two staff keys... and buttons for all his other spells. Put those spells on instant-cast... hit which staff you wanna use, and then hit the spell button. This dotard is spending a bunch of time switching hot-bars when he does not need to.

1-Handers... Just make a fucking bag of r40 shields and r40 1 handers or use the dawnblade unless he is a big mounted fighting enthusiast, he can make some r40's.

7. Nerfsy

Nerfsy Goblin Warlord

that's what I do, better to vendor any looted shields or 1h because i cbf changing binds every gearbag.

8. TyteDaddyTite

Legend

In game name? Hue hue hue hue hue.

9. Nerfsy

Nerfsy Goblin Warlord

mad jick

10. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Bump

11. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Legend

There are changes coming to the weapon bar that aim to make the need to have every weapon bound to one slot unnecessary (As well as having to drag a new 1h/shield whenever your bag is different from your previous one, among other things). These changes are in QA right now.

If I understood correctly, what the OP wants to do can already be partially achieved by using Trigger Weapon Bar Entry in the hotbar slot options. The missing piece was that you would have to drag a new weapon onto that weapon bar slot whenever you were using a different rank, for example. This will hopefully no longer be an issue once the new feature is deployed except for some rare edge cases.

12. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

This is long overdue. This should have been done in 2016 as part of the beta QOL changes. This has been brought up so many times. It should have been a no brainer.