Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

House Trades

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NonFactor, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Ulfang Blackmane

Ulfang Blackmane Skeleton Archer
    Hero

Sorry but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Personally I'm not at all convinced it is a good thing for the game for the reasons I've mentioned. You see the current system as a positive for the game, I see it as a negative. Let's leave it at that. I cba to write out another wall of text, my forum warrior days are largely behind me, I try to resist getting sucked into these debates =)

I do of course respect your opinion and your reasoning though I disagree with your conclusion.

Edit: Re-reading your post (I'm on my phone atm, helping at my wife's restaurant, had to skim read it first time round ;) ) I do see your point regarding the fundamental differences between UO and Darkfall's housing systems and how my comparisons were somewhat flawed in that respect. I concede the point that I shouldn't compare them so directly.

Like everything in Darkfall it's a touchy issue and we're all passionate about it and want what's best for the game.

Just a further point, you mentioned you haven't seen anyone say the alignment system is fine... I've seen numerous people on this very forum make that assertion, never mind good old forumfall!

Anyway, I think it's good we both put forward strong views on this.

#21 Ulfang Blackmane, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  2. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

There was really no need for so much typing between both of you, lol.

The game needs a functional house trading system. It was lacking one because Aventurine, that's why.
    Players creating the middleman was a good work around in absence of a finished trading system.

I don't agree with calling that sandbox.
    Otherwise we can just remove the ability to trade all items directly, creating more need for middlemen. More sandbox!
    No. That'd just be more of a mess in the sandbox.

The key idea however, is perfect.
    I agree with how the added risk, just like any other trade, should be present.
    A key would be the right amount of depth added to the trading aspect of house ownership.
    No longer would the buyer be the only one risking being scammed.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature