Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Housing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wizzy, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

Can the materials needed be adjusted so that it is not a HUGE grind to get a house?

I currently own a cottage and feel like it took me WAY too much time just to get that, now I see more and more houses (and up) going vacant with no one wanting to grind the mats to take over the spots.

Any idea if this is going to be changed? Would be nice to see villages full of houses

2. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Fire Elemental
    Tester

I read some where that they are working on this plus some nice changes.

Wizzy likes this.
  3. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

I dont think its so bad. I got 3 l villas all fully decked out and im closing in on a keep with all the housing items i need for it besides 2 paintings and i got 1.4 mil and i buy lime/mahog for 400g per. Think its more of a population issue which would result in lower mat pricing aswell as mroe ppl to take houses. there isn't enough ppl to own all the houses in game even if they had alts to hold another one. and theres a fwe ppl wit ha grip of alts holding some of the placed houses.

I believe if they consider nerfing the cost, which i don't think they need to do, it'd be when they implement open world placement of housing. Also alot of places ppl don't want houses. Alot of locations aren't desirable even fi it was easy to get. Ppl can't even just sell houses either.Think this is more of a population issue than the grid, which isn't really that bad at all, me doing all my shit solo. You are basically keeping the place forever also with a bank and a recall to that location.

Also, the vacant houses lose all their items so theres nothing to gain when u cap them besides the house, so it revets back to location being the primary factor, and ppl dont want to place houses anywhere. Right now generally if the village had all its housing placed, theres likely a house location or 2 that is vacant and will remain vacant generally ppl that were going for houses got their houses and there isn't that many ppl playing to fill up all the villages.

#3 Donaddor Lightbringer, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  4. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

How many hours are you playing though? Not many casual players have time to farm the gold to buy the mats or farm all the mats themselves (without doing nothing but that). I know this first hand because I farmed the mats myself and it took a chunk of time

5. Sean Connery

Tester

Donaddor has around 6 accounts like me I assume and he is on like 24-7. lol

Wizzy likes this.
  6. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

7. Dreadseth

Dreadseth Goblin Warrior

Difference is you have access to how many of your clans accounts? 10-12? I know you can log in at nearly every location to cap a village? Would you own as much with a sole account? Dont get me started on the evils of account sharing and multiple accounts.

8. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

its 3 accounts and they are mines, and i soloed the first l villa in game harvesting on 2-4 alts,(most part was 2-3) which was slower than just buying it. And since then i've been casually buying/farming the mats. It shouldn't be easy to just get the mats they will become worthless. Population would lower the price and 350-400g isn't really that bad. Basically you dont want any kind of grind taht takes a good chunk of time. If I was trying I could ahve beaten Mary Jane and Ice Cold to the keep in Harjik but I lost drive to play as much since pop is low. If anything, doing VCPs is wasting my time from just farming unless i just do the few high return villages.

I think oen thing to point out is that alot of ppl could have had a L villa before me if they tried for it, but see big numbers and aim small. Same with the keep situation. I got 3 large villas and pay a good price for every house item in them and they are all full with the best items, and I almost got all the items i need for the keep besides 2 paintings and a few thousand mahog, like 1k lime, basically before the first keep was placed. SOLO and I'm not even going as hard as i could. Most ppl stopped playing and most ppl aren't trying even as casuals because its not fun to just farm for it, but its an ever lasting bind/bank.

Alot of time I just do vcps and hardly even farm, which is not as good as if i just farmed in that time frame. You can casually get waht u want, especially when the game is dead like this, you just aren't going to and aim small, gain small.

#8 Donaddor Lightbringer, Oct 17, 2017
  9. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

[​IMG]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Wizzy likes this.
  10. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

Donaddor- feeel free to trade me a l villa for my cottage :)

11. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Yeah.. Well, I explained my point of view. All that was said in response was because I play too much. But I just think its wrong to keep trying to remove any grind from the game especially for houses that you cannot lose, so you will always have that extra recall/safe/extra binds for friends. They are also going to allow housing to be on the list of binds u can choose to respawn at when you die and they are gonna implement open world houses so we'd need like an insane population to fill up the villages ontop of that.

Feel like I gotta say it again because everyone is too much of a smart ass to address points made, but the grind isn't the reason why the villages are how they are. You are just wrong on that and its more of a population issue, even more of an issue of soem villages being shit even if the population somehow comes back... It should be a grind to get these housing even when they implement open world placement and you get enough to justify the grind..

The game been up long enough for casuals to get the housing they want, but if you aren't trying the short amount of time ur on then what do u expect? Them to keep lowering the bar on every aspect of the game for you? If the population was good enough you likely wouldn't get the housing you'd want anyways. You're probably the kind of person that if you came back to the game you'd want a wipe cuz theres ppl that play more than you that got more stuff.

Wasting my breath though on a shit thread now filled with shit responses.

#11 Donaddor Lightbringer, Oct 17, 2017
  12. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

Who are you replying to ? Because I asked to trade houses you get all pissy? Or is it because I didnt directly reply to what you said ? Sheesh man take a breath ... not everyone is going to agree with you or your points , doesn’t mean you need to call people names and go off the deep end.

I was actually being sincere about trading , I would LOVE a l Villa , I just done have the time to grind all that

13. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Yeah man thats it, my post is because you asked to rip me on a L villa for your cottage and not the topic of the thread. No shit not everyone is going to agree with my point of view. You just want to keep removing all kinds of grinds from the game and ignore how the empty houses issue isn't really the mat cost, but really population. Thats why your post is avoiding that fact because you want to just make it seem like thats the reason villages aren't full and houses are going live....

Oh shit, lol. My bad, dude. Didn't noticed you were beiing sincere. Assumed you would be too casual to afford it. Yeah man I'll trade my L villa for your cottage, homie. Which one you want? Rhodenar, Bjonlmir, or Alhali? All fully decked out, u can't add any more items and they got the best items in there. Something casuals would deserve to have one day, freely placed in open world too. Hey, I'm closing in on my keep if u wait I'll trade u that and all the items I have saved up for it for your cottage.

#13 Donaddor Lightbringer, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  14. Sean Connery

Tester

LoL You know what we got here Fined for? Another give it to me free and easy player that would have never made it in a real mom like EQ.

15. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

You have some serious issues, buddy. You do realize this is a game and not some real life event or item right? Lol.

But anywho keep being a dick and going on like a kid who is upset because someone doesn’t share the same point of view , lol.

The grind for housing is too much, you can use your 4 alts and other clan mates accounts all you want to get a keep or even 4 keeps, good for you man. Don’t act like some ass because not everyone can sit behind a computer chair all day and click a mouse button just for a pixel, some people have work, school, kids and a family to take care of ... so before you reply back and waste both our time ... I do get what you are saying and I don’t agree, no more replies from me in regards to your childish rants will be made:) have fun in the game and I hope you get that stick out of your ass and enjoy the game and not take it so serious

16. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

I'm literally just farmign on one char and only log my alts to reach more vcps.. Which with runebooks anyone would be able to do... Mm, I love the its a game not real life comeback. ty.

You guys wanna act like jackals towards me because I stated that its not mat cost that is keeping villages from filling up and has to do with the population more. If you were playing casually this whole time, or even after the pop died which is still a long time, you'd be able to have a l villa or maybe even a keep depending how casual you are playing. You just have to focus on it and its always been better to farm gold and buy it, so you'd be able to make good gains farming whatever your farming, just gotta save gold for housing mats.

17. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Legend

Like 10 hours of farming in a decent spot and you can have enough gold to buy a cottage worth of housing mats. It's a grind by today's standards, but hardly an insane grind for something that will last until you decide you don't want it anymore. Capping VCPs on a regular basis and hitting one or both of the "secret" islands with an alt also nets a lot of housing mats considering you'll be mostly uncontested.

Donaddor Lightbringer likes this.
  18. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

How long does it really take to get a house though? I wasn't even really trying to get a house and then I realised I had about half the mats needed to make a cottage, so then I actually started to try gathering mats.

You get limestone from golems which you're going to be hitting anyway for Sparkstone, Golem Sparkstone and rare ores. You need greenleaf for slashing protection, casting time and spell duration, and Oaklords skin for and drop Mahogany.

You can also get a decent amount of gold for Q4 greenleaf from Forest Golems and you'll also be getting Q3 lifeforce which is used in Mana Efficiency and Spell duration as well.

So realistically, you're not sacrificing much time to go farm up housing mats because you'll be hitting mobs that drop other useful things anyway, which you can then either use yourself or sell off to buy more housing mats.

19. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

donaddor ill trade you for your house, meet me at cranwyn bay again like in dfo

Fengor likes this.
  20. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

Fact is the only reason lots are still available... is because no one playing.