Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

how active is the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orworth, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Orworth

Orworth Goblin Warrior

its been a very long time since i last logged in (i would say it was about the same time the other darkfall was still going)
    was just looking around at some old games i had and ran across this and decided to check on it
    I was suprised it still has patches so question is what all has changed in the game and is it worth to give it a try again?

Rimamok likes this.
  2. HenkBot

HenkBot Goblin Shaman
    Contributor

Population seems quite low, you still get decent fights at some vcp's but roaming seems kinda pointless. If that doesnt bother you i would say its worth playing.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Bonii

Bonii Spellgazer
    Tester

it was decent a month or two ago - no patches no content it just falls off again

no doubt ibis or neilk will pop in here with the classic quote "it's been growing since launch and this is currently the largest active amount of players we've had"...

Atticus Killbane likes this.
  4. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

No one know this game...we cant have many players...

Atticus Killbane likes this.
  5. Ryco Stormeye

Ryco Stormeye Deadeye

It depends on what clan your in and what they do. I am in Horde and we are very active. We do PvE and PvP in groups all the time and get raided quite a bit.

Atticus Killbane and Zuul Ghat like this.
  6. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

Last three times I’ve gone to Dungeon Dailies, there have been 1-2 players already there. Game is sparsely populated, but depending on your gaming preferences that can be a good thing or a bad thing.

7. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Game's slowing down a bit. Maybe reach out to Rats in Hats, definitely recommend them as some good homies if you're coming back

8. tk5801

tk5801 Deadeye
    Hero

1 good patch is all it takes at this point. 2 months ago there were 50 kills a day on metrics, for weeks after the village patch there were around 1k kills per day. It has slowed down but bpg has made enough money to propel them well into 2020 from all the people buying gold and RCT's.

the interesting thing is the villages are appealing to people in ways which they never thought before, so we might see more players going to them for 1-2 months.

9. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

WRONG

The population spike was because of Covid-19 lockdowns (and other MMO's spiked much higher) now that lockdowns are being relaxed population will decline.

A good patch will change little to nothing population wise without a wipe, 2 week advertising campaign, and relaunch.

Game also needs staggered progression with the relaunch. Can't have people maxing their characters so fast or being so rich in r60+ items

Mea Kulpa and Porch like this.
  10. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

BPG knows this is true. That's why they have been so quiet. The only solution for RoA is a lockdown from Covid-20, so they are hard at work developing the new pandemic.

onslaught likes this.
  11. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

i for one welcome our new biochemical warfare overlords

12. SirJames

SirJames Goblin Scout

Interesting point. The population seems a bit different from a month ago. I am no longer seeing 50 players at the bank in sanguine.

I firmly believe this game requires more attention. How much are facebook/youtube ads per month?

13. Isaac Clarke

Hero

Population is down, game's still fun and there are multiple active crews still. NA primetime is perhaps the slowest time of day currently, that'll change as players come and go though

14. SirJames

SirJames Goblin Scout

Players are capturing villages with parties of 3 to 7 on average as soon as they come up. That seems pretty low for a large scale warfare game. Things could be worse, though!

15. Isaac Clarke

Hero

villages arent really large scale, sometimes they can be, but its very random. large scale fights are almost always sieges, which happen mostly on weekends I'd say

tk5801 likes this.
  16. Halfnuts

Halfnuts New Member
    Legend

I am new to RoA and returning DF1 player. I am subbed and playing currently casual active every night with a few returning players. I don't even post on the forums but I do wanna say this. Players make the content. Players make the population go up and down. I love seeing the responses to these posts. People if you want content and people to get on to add to population. Make it worth for them to log in and defend what they own and built up. Give them reason to login and defend or farm mats to rebuild or retaliate. From being back a little over a week. Mostly I see is people care bearing it up. Risk Vs Reward people but hey I am just a noob. Really enjoying being back to Darkfall However. Cya ingame.

Billy Lee, tk5801 and Isaac Clarke like this.
  17. tk5801

tk5801 Deadeye
    Hero

yeah i like this post, people leveling extremely fast and being insaenly rich in no time can be a problem.

Directly before the village patch there were like 50kills a day maybe overall unless there was a seige lol. after the village patch there were 1k ISH per day, and never any seiges to augment that number further.