Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

How is this game doing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otoan, May 8, 2019.

1. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

Don't give them any ideas dude. Let's see how long it stays up. My guess is another hour tops.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Woah logic? This isn't allowed here.

3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

You are a vet so you should be able to make 80k-100k per hour if you can find a good spawn.

With nothing, but gold you can make some good pvp bags with the help of the market.

If you wish to farm your own mats, but don't wish to craft, you can look for a crafter in agon chat. A lot of cool ppl will craft you things for free. I give them tips.

The hardest part is to go far to start farming in a spot that you may like. so bring runes and books to prevent long road-trips for the next time.
    With the right spawns, you can make 6-10-20 p-shards per hour. Doesn't have to be an hot spot and i'll say no more.

4. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

I wouldn’t waste your time to be honest, bpg is more worried about muteing players that bring up the fact that GM’s are reading peoples private messages that aren’t being reported instead of actually taking care of the problem. Or you know adding content or reverting the combat that passed in the poll because some of them are to hard headed.

Scrubby Bear likes this.
  5. otoan

otoan Crypt Guard
    Loyal

What are you talking about? Last time I posted on these forums was when I was playing the damn game.

Mea Kulpa and Battle Smurf like this.
  6. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

They’ve added plenty, they’ve just reverted 90% of it. I don’t need to state the obvious source of that (and risk the dreaded post deletion).

7. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Loyal Hero

Population is in a decent place right now. Had a few random open world fights while riding around recently which was awesome.

You can find pvp at the hotspots as mentioned. Ride around mid map to the guardians or dark dragons on yssam and you usually get small scale.

Everyone still zergs everyone for the most part though. Sometimes you get the honorable 1v1, but most of the time they do it and say ‘you zerged us at x y z’

8. Methodico

Methodico Ghost

Please tell me where i can farm 20 portal shard per hour! I Need It!

9. otoan

otoan Crypt Guard
    Loyal

How many people have $2500 to blow on a game? Jesus.

Sero likes this.
  10. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

There’s plenty of fully stocked ponds to fish. Games great.

Animal and Billy Lee like this.
  11. Leopold Stotch

Wealthy Loyal Hero

People who invested in bit coin / ethereum at the right times for one. Also people who work and don’t live in their moms basement.

Adding on: I never bought a 2500 supporter pack, although I wouldn’t mind a custom statue. If you come back, maybe I will purchase one and put it outside of wherever you place a house.

#31 Leopold Stotch, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Kol Taggar likes this.
  12. Nosteralien

Nosteralien New Member

I'm playing this game for 7 days only, I came from Ultima Online free loot shards. Before finding RoA I tried WoW, ESO, BD, GW, Albion and Lineage II. Of course none of those game is perfect, including RoA. But RoA is the best for me, because I have fear to go outside. Even being very careful, I already got killed in open map while hunting Trolls. WoW is boring, ESO has instancied PVP ( sux ), BD is pay a lot to win and shitty interface, GW has a boring skill system, a lot of new bugs at each change, monotonous end game, repetitive raids. Albion sux for solo play, open world gives few rewards and has shitty appearance. Lineage II can now be played in smartphones and plays itself rendering the entire experience pointless. You tap a quest in your sidebar, you automatically run to the npc. RoA has its problems too, of course, but it is by far the best free loot open map PVP game in the market. It is not boring. Even the in-game Agon chat is funny with constant wars and provocations. Good siege system and you can be killed even by your allied race or your guildmate, even in protected areas. A game where betrayal is possible. Since I paid and played all the top-subscription games, I can give this opinion with real experience. I chose RoA.

13. Leopold Stotch

Wealthy Loyal Hero

Welcome to the game- It’s nice to hear new players enjoying themselves. It’s a very unique game, that i haven’t seen a viable substitute for.

Mea Kulpa and Nosteralien like this.
  14. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Akathar

@otoan Now you have to log back in. I want to help get ya a house so I can see a custom statue courtesy of Leo. Don't worry, I wont try to move in.

I know you are thinking about it sooo just do it already! If ya don't see me in game, msg me on discord.

M ~

Leopold Stotch likes this.
  15. Leopold Stotch

Wealthy Loyal Hero

What are you thinking as far as a statue goes..? Unicorn? Michael Jackson? Michael Jackson riding a unicorn with taunt_03?

16. Nosteralien

Nosteralien New Member

PS.: I didnt mention FFXIV online because it is a PVE only game. PVP exists but is not functional.

17. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Schnid will you marry me

Myater and Mea Kulpa like this.
  18. otoan

otoan Crypt Guard
    Loyal

Nothing really beats Darkfall PvP. I think we all know that.

Nosteralien and Mea Kulpa like this.
  19. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

taunt_04 or give me death

Leopold Stotch likes this.
  20. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

:hearteyes: high pitched squeal Yes yes a thousand times yes!

I guess Neilk ghosted on this thread. I even PM'd him to see if I could get a response to my questions (questions others seem to want answered as well) but so far it's complete radio silence.

Neilk, I know you think abandoning this conversation is the best strategy for you to save face. People will forget about this thread, right? They'll move on and keep paying their sub indefinitely and you'll never have to back up any of the claims you made in this thread or respond to the reasonable questions posed, right?

You're probably right. People will move on to the next thread and they'll forget you ignored my questions. But the thing is, the questions will keep coming. What you're underestimating is the positive effect being transparent and honest with us will produce. Tell us how many active subs there are. Tell us what you're working on. Tell us what your long-term intention with game design is. Incorporate player feedback in a democratic way.

This community and the game overall will thrive if you do.