Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

How long have you been following Darkfall?

Discussion in 'Memory Lane' started by Incanuth Archbane, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Incanuth Archbane

Legend

It's been about an 8-9 year journey for me. I miss the days when I could actually tolerate other games for more than a month, but Darkfall ruined that for me. Is there anyone hanging around here who has been following since '01?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Incanuth Archbane, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  2. Cruz DF

Cruz DF Deadeye
    Prosperous Benefactor Contributor

Since about 2008. I'm in the same boat as you, I'll try to get into a moba, or a different MMORPG but the braindead gameplay makes it impossible for me to enjoy. I actually miss when I was one of those sheep that enjoyed a game for what it was but Darkfall changed that in me.

3. Finnad

Finnad Air Elemental
    Legend

2009 I somehow came across it after hearing about Vanguard.. wasn't easy to find.

Incanuth Archbane likes this.
  4. Viciousboxx

Viciousboxx Crypt Guard
    Legend

26th of december 2007

5. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

Started following the game in 2003 and entered Forumfall circa 2005 when Alpha was announced :wink:

6. HaldirHardy

HaldirHardy Gravelord
    Tester

I knew the game since 2008 because of my father, but only started following it and playing it around late 2009.
    I was 12/13 years old that time hehehe.

7. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

Since 2008 a cs 1.6 friend told me about it, cant play mmos anymore after darkfall

8. Nuyur

Nuyur Wildtribe Mage

Late 2005, though ill admit for quite some time it was just the occasional check up on the forums.
    It was hard to actively follow because of all the vapor ware rumors and wide spread debates with no basis for arguement.

9. mcdoogs

mcdoogs Chosen of Khamset

I first heard about DF somewhere around 2006, but I didn't really start following until mid-late 2008 when I found a video made by some beta NDA breakers. Before that I was wary about getting excited about vaporware, but then I was hooked when i saw that there was a real, semi-playable game getting ready to release.

10. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

2008 found the game, bought it as soon as i could post-launch past the whole disaster that was. Joined forumfall in 2010 after that.

11. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

I first heard about it from my good friend Meshuggah Wardrummer (lol) in 2008.

I was heavy into WoW at the time. Didn't like PvP, never imagined myself playing a PvP game, and now here I am.

12. Kotic

Kotic Infernal
    Legend

Since 2009 after the Shadowbane shutdown, but didn't start playing till a few months after NA came out cause forgot aboot it for awhile.

13. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

I first heard of the game in around 2006-2007, but I only joined the Forumfall train when beta registration opened in late 08. God damn it's been a long time.

14. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Mid 2007

15. vhuxtable

vhuxtable Goblin Scout
    Legend

Since 2003 in Shadowbane era (the first DFO image I ever saw was an alfar with a spider mount way back then), but then I couldn't do games for many years. Played DFO for 2 months in 2011 then shattered an elbow, got 5 or 6 months in 2012 before it went down. One of the saddest days.

16. Heldana

Heldana Windlord
    Legend

Kind of the same Story here ... i came with Bewahrer der Welten into DF in beta and i didnt want to pvp at all. But i wanted to Support my clan. Was my first free aim game ever (some hours halflife do not Count i guess) and moving and firing at the same time where a big Task for me.
    Add to that that i am really old and started gaming with the Age of 21 and you know why i Play how i Play.

But the Special Magic of DF got me and made me not beeing satisfied with any other game. I am still bad at the game and will always be, but i dont want to Play anything else. Maybe i should swith Name to Walking lootbag^^

17. BlackSun

BlackSun Deadeye

first heared about in 2004, joined Forums with an active account when i got Access to the game :p

18. Incanuth Archbane

Legend

Vanguard was actually a decent game if you played on one of the FFA servers. Of course, its horrible launch overshadowed this and people avoided the game like the plague.

19. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I heard about it sometime around 2001 - 2002 when they announced it. I was still playing EQ1 at the time and was so damn excited for the information they had, like capturing dragons to defend your cities. I followed it ferociously for a year or so after signing up for beta (2005-2006). After that I just browsed the forums once every 3 months or so until real shit started happening.

20. Hane

Hane Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Vanguard was an amazing MMO on the FFA server for people that stuck with it past its ugly launch. Truely a hidden gem. (My avatar is Vanguard)

Followed DF since 2005.