Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

How long

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Sero, Jul 11, 2017.

1. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I do

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. thorinhood

thorinhood Skeleton Archer

No, what is funny is that you asked me to name 1 game that has good open world pvp and an arena; I named one and you said that wasn't good enough for you. And then I asked for you to give me a list of suitable games that you feel are good and you said there isn't any.
    An arena would make it so much easier for streamers.. I feel the pvp is entertaining to watch, and if a streamer can constantly get pvp on demand maybe it would attract more new players.

So do all of us, adding an arena to an mmo does not transform it into an arena.

#42 thorinhood, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Kwatos and Sero like this.
  3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kwatos likes this.
  4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

so you saying if it is done the way you "think" it should be done that it wont survive? I mean it needs a lot of work and polish but an arena is not going to save it and this "biggest crowd in fucking gaming" don't play mmo's just to join an arena or spend weeks/months to level a character that is "arena' ready or spend hours/days/weeks grinding gear to join this "arena" sure their is a large arena crowd but this game isn't for that crowd, to make this game work you need to bring in the pve crowd, the bank staring crowd, the rare collectors and make rare items drop from hard mobs. a lot of things need done but a fucking arena crowd isn't going to save this game. DO YA GE IT NOW OR DO I NEED TO GO FULL RETARD TO SPLAIN IT TO YA.
    --- Post updated ---
    wtf is all of us? all 12 people on the forums that talk about doing an arena in this game? that is what your going off of?

5. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

upload_2017-7-11_3-20-21.gif upload_2017-7-11_3-20-22.gif

it doesnt just appeal to the "arena crowd" you fucking IDIOT. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. YOU ARE THICK. KEEP ZERGING THE GAME TO OBLIVION. ENJOY DEADFALL.

upload_2017-7-11_3-20-50.gif
    --- Post updated ---
    You do realize Darkfall is currently a GIGANTIC fucking arena though... right?
    --- Post updated ---
    You do realize its like a 40km by 40km map though right?

Attached Files:

6. thorinhood

Everyone plays this game because its an mmo and not an arena.. if we wanted to play an arena we would all be playing pubg.

Kwatos likes this.
  7. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

You do realize it takes 2 minutes by mount to travel 1 km in game right?
    --- Post updated ---
    You do realize that the map is huge and casuls dont wanna travel + farm because its time consuming right?
    --- Post updated ---
    you do realize that this "Dyanmic" pvp you speak of is just 1 side zerging another, and thats not fun for the people getting zerged right?
    --- Post updated ---
    or just people jumping people half dead at mob spawns though right?
    --- Post updated ---
    "fun" game.

Kwatos, Chantree and Reptar like this.
  8. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Can spam and and talk shit and cry cause I don't agree, You look at it one way, and if that one way isn't your way you through a giant bitch fit. So Ill stop trying to speak retard and let ya sit their and think you know shit about the game and what is good for it.

p.s. Feel free to keep them ragey bitch fingers typing though it is mildly amusing
    --- Post updated ---
    exactly and another reason the arena crowd isn't gonna be interested.

9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

upload_2017-7-11_3-41-45.gif upload_2017-7-11_3-41-46.gif upload_2017-7-11_3-41-46.gif upload_2017-7-11_3-41-46.gif upload_2017-7-11_3-41-46.gif upload_2017-7-11_3-41-46.gif

Here let me teach you how to debate:

PLEASE PROVIDE A STATEMENT AS TO WHY YOU ARE RIGHT.

As you can see i've provided many, you've done nothing but: "look at it one way, and if that one way isn't your way you through a giant bitch fit."

#49 Sero, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  10. thorinhood

Or "name a game that I think has good open world PvP and an arena, even though it doesn't exist".

Sero likes this.
  11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I have also provided many and all you have said it is cause streamers want it and then stated your opinion that you don't like to play the game that you just wanna log in duel in an arena without losing gear and then log out. that isn't a reason that is just lazy care bear shit
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean I am sorry that goes over your head, yes it was basically a trick question as I already knew the answer. 0 and the also the point of the question, I cannot spoon feed you your going to have to figure some shit out on your own, and running to sero hoping he can cover for ya will only work for you for so long.

12. thorinhood

You have no valid points or arguments, you are clueless on how to debate which is what Sero is trying to say.

"Name a game that's like darkfall that has an arena, when darkfall is one of a kind" is a pointless argument to make.

He didn't say any of that, but good try.

Sero likes this.
  13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Talking about seeing only what you want lol.

14. windbanger

windbanger Goblin Warlord

Thats it!
    We will never know how many and who we will find in the open world.
    Zergs have always been part of games like that and always did.
    Create an arena will turn darkfall into another game.

15. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

If you and other people want it so bad, create it yourselves, it's actually easily possible now that decaps aren't a thing anymore.

16. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

You guys are replying to Korag what did you expect? lol

RootedOak likes this.
  17. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

It wouldn't be a bad thing if done right. Maybe daily/weekly tournaments you sign up for. Maybe spectators can watch and fill the stands with PvP protection so all hell doesn't break loose.

I'm not a fan of some instant PvP button you push anytime to want and queue up wow style though.

Would be neat if it would globally announce winners and all that like when someone takes the sea tower.

Korag likes this.
  18. Orak

Orak Goblin Shaman
    Legend

6 and a half, 7 inches on a good day.

Kwatos and Sero like this.
  19. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I mean I am sorry that goes over your head, yes it was basically a trick question as I already knew the answer. 0 and the also the point of the question, I cannot spoon feed you your going to have to figure somer shit
    Always find it funny when a few knuckle heads think so their so damn smart and so cool. Hate to burst your bubble but outside the few fanboi's all you kids carry nobody else agrees with you or gives a shit bout you. I know it is a lot to take in all at once so Ill let ya sit and think bout it a bit.

20. KoKane

KoKane Chosen of Khamset
    Wealthy Benefactor Contributor

All the players who want an arena can just fuck off into an Arena clan.
    Take a city with some good space, knock down all the structures you dont want.
    Live there
    Open up a google spreadsheet in the background.
    PvP all day and take notes/scores.

This game is an MMO lacking the daily war routine. We need more larger clans and wars, with more shit to do every hour of the day, with a war effort to contribute to between neighbours or whatever.
    We dont need the very vocal, 10 man clans who want it as instant gratification, log in - pew pew - log out style of gameplay. Darkfall will end up in a rotation of games to play for a few minutes.
    PUBG, CSGO, Darkfall, LoL, Dota, Overwatch. Consuming x minutes of each game.

I know the PvP in this game is second to none. Darkfall is the best online gaming experience you can have, if you like competitive gameplay and such fluid pvp / combat. I love it, and I can see why people want an arena version of the game, but it's not a solution for anything that's wrong, imo. So I personally wouldn't deem it necessary of any development time whatsoever.

I could, however, envision an expansion further down the road, that introduces an arena element.
    But for now, you'll have to design something yourselves.

mrW and Korag like this.