Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

How low you gonna let the population get?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darktide, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

As a server matures it is natural for wealth to build. Farming is lucrative for determined players, especially those with mercantile skills. We have taken many steps to bolster the economy throughout the history of the game, but this is something that ebbs and flows and never really ends up at any given point. Some items have risen in value markedly over time, while many others remain about the same.

We are currently hard at work on relics, which will likely be renamed to Artifacts or something else (to prevent confusion with UW relics). Relics will most likely be non-tradable, which should result in a significant spike in activity across the map. That in itself will have an economic impact, as well the gold costs that come with relic crafting.

As for population and game activity, historically it always trends upwards during the Fall. We will continue to push forward and deliver the best content we are capable of. All support is appreciated, the journey of Rise of Agon is far from over and I believe the best days are yet to come :)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    AdamDMC, Methodico and JasperHawkins like this.
  2. otoan

otoan Crypt Guard
    Loyal

What the community wants <> What will bring population.

Game's dead. The changes made at launch to deprive any reason to fight from people ruined it. I'm not sure how Umberto would allow the developer team to get rid of the race wars but...yep.

Bakken and Porch like this.
  3. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Not true, in the first DF, the economy was still great at the end. Q5 wasn't the norm, it was Q3 / Q4. Dragon wasn't as common as it is in this game. Everything was still fairly scarce cause there were not crazy faucets like there are now.

Myater and Mea Kulpa like this.
  4. otoan

otoan Crypt Guard
    Loyal

That's because there's no population, no item/gold sink, and no incentive to fight for anything. That's why most people quit. ROA got rid of most reasons to fight at launch without adding anything new. Got rid of the grind (which also got rid of a huge item/gold sink that was motivating people to get said items/gold), got rid of reasons to own cities with the portal network, did a terrible job balancing mob loot, got rid of any possibility of race conflict. All these changes pretty much ostracized every type of player besides the truly hardcore darkfall combat lovers.

I honestly don't think there's anything short of a wipe and A LOT of content updates to get people back to any semblance of a healthy population. And that might not be enough in the long term.

5. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Very true, played that df way more then this one and was never able to amass the bank i have. I legit have 100s of pre made q4/q5 gems( also 1000s of mats ) Was able to buy all 120s off market, then get all my stats reverted to 100 so I bought them again. Still have 10mil gold after giving Bo like 5mil. At the end of Df1 i was not even wearing q4 as a standard, but in RoA I have to run around in full infernal/ champ wep/120 stats/ full q5 chants to do villages and shit and some how I have so much of that stuff I could die 100s of times and still be wearing q5.

MaxiHori, The Red King and Myater like this.
  6. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

Nothing sounds wrong there! Lol I was in Q3 most of Darkfall 1 and maybe some Q4/5 in sieges but typically after dying 1-2 times I wouldn't even wear that.

Inkarnation and The Red King like this.
  7. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Air Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

game is too easy now.

The Red King likes this.
  8. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I had a crazy bank in DF1, like more than I have now and i would probably have to die 100s of times now to even notice. But the only reason I had a good bank in DF1 was because I use to buy items for gold off the china farmers and sell for more than double the price and was doing millions of gold trades with them.

But b4 I had a good relationship with the china farmers I had a really bad bank, this was a combination of things that RoA just doesn't have, it use to cost loads to level up your character in stats, skills, spells and crafting, it was a long term project just to get pvp ready and then enchanting grind was crazy. It was also harder to farm gear, and because both of these things more people were out in the world, which made it harder again.

Now you can pretty much farm more, quicker and with much less risk.

9. Conqueror

Conqueror Goblin Warrior

It's suppose to be this way to attract the casual crowd!

10. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I presume this is a joke but will respond anyway.

RoA isn't really a game for casual players, also casual players wouldn't really care for end game gear so they could just make low end gear really easy to get and end game gear really hard to get.

11. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Having armor and weapons ready for casuals is easily the best way to encourage casuals.

What army is expected to supply their own weapons and equipment to defend their country?

12. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Chosen of Khamset

pretty much a direct quote from anyone with a brain.

Inkarnation and MikeJT like this.