Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

how many signups do we got now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copperfield, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

1k? or less?

2. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

Cannot say precisely but rest assured we surpassed 1000 in under a week.

3. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

over 9000

Why can't you say precisely? What possible reason would there be to keep it "secret"?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

It has fluctuated because we've had some spam signups from bots. We've isolated them and are removing them as they come up but it was creating a false number.

Last I saw it was I think like 1300 or something late last week. It's still going up :).

5. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

not really encouraging

10k signups is a must... with 1/2k signups you cant even stress test.

but i guess we are waiting for the deal to seal.. because i havent seen much marketing on the sites

6. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

When an announced date is set you'll see it spike, most are waiting for a licence announcement and date for the Alpha before they jump in.

7. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

expecting 10k alpha sign up's seems a bit ambitious

8. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Considering so far the only way to find this is word of mouth at the moment 1k+ is pretty good.

9. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

nice laid back attitude

Hey lets relaunch df1 and see what happends if players come yes or no?

10k signups is on the low end for releasing a free2play game..

this is your chance to get new players to the game if ask me.

new players will only try out df1 if it is free2play so they can try it out..

but then again i have no idea wtf is going behind the scenes here.. my opinion is based on what i see. and i currently i see nothing regarding advertisement of a fulling working alpha free2play game

if you ask me:

i would have spammed every site on internet with key words about free2play // 2;3 months // pvp mmorpg..// new company and so forth..

People are under the impression that this is a alpha testing fase.. which its not because df1 is fully functional without any adjustments

10. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

kasmos is on it, don't worry.

lol /wrists

Flying Dutchmaster likes this.
  11. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

People need to realize that we haven't even signed a license yet, everything will be moving at full speed when we reach that point.

12. Kotic

Kotic Infernal
    Legend

They probably don't want to advertise until the license is signed.

They also said so far they only want 500 people for alpha. Would you really want most of those 500 for alpha being new players who are gonna get the rough version of DF being changed so much in alpha? Alpha is mostly for us vets to see the changes to the old DF and give our input.

Beta and actual release for the game should be mass advertised to new players, NOT alpha testing. And yes, we need alpha testing because there are a lot of planned changes, regardless if it "is fully functional without any adjustments"

13. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

i know what have been said and what not..

I dont think people realise here that darkfall 1 has a VERY BAD reputation on the internet.

The opportunity here is here tho.. but they wanne wait? wait for what and why excatly?

The deal is simply not official yet.. but its practicly signed already

So why not advertise the shit about the game.. and get alot of players during the free2play time.

( hardly call it an alpha)

It does no harm if you have 10k signups for alpha/beta

14. Kotic

Kotic Infernal
    Legend

Do you not understand?

It probably isn't wise to advertise a game that isn't even theirs yet. Also, once again, do you want new players playing in the alpha which will be very too similar and empty like old DF to where they will think it is shit and won't play after alpha?

Alpha is a good spot for the vets to test the changes, because they know the old and new. Let beta be closer to finalized changes and allow more people into that including vets and new players.

Advertise after getting the license and before beta, but after alpha.

15. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

Deal isnt signed yet, even if both sides are positive...something may happen.
    Its a bad idea to hype up a alpha/f2p period and then having to cancel on it...

Alpha will be used for stress testing, mostly trying to break the server (and rawr).
    Not something you want to introduce potential new players with.

So my guess is they are waiting for things to become official, and have a good grasp on what the game/server is capable off.
    At that point, it will go from alpha to beta testing...which is where they want lots of players (new and old) to come into the game.
    There will be changes done/tested and reviewed, which give better results if more players are participating.

*edit
    I do understand that anything they post that isnt news of a signed deal and launch date is a disappointment.
    But its not smart to promise things you cant provide, so we will just have to wait.

16. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Our initial target audience are those of you who are eagerly awaiting to be able to get back into the original world of Agon. I can assure you we have plenty of plans internally for more expansive and focused marketing campaigns in the future, but it is best to move forward with those when we have finalized our negotiations.

Even so, having 1.5k initial sign-ups with no real external marketing is a very promising sign for us, and we look forward to seeing that number rise when we launch some of our upcoming campaigns. That being said, our focus with alpha is ensuring that our server, AMS and associated systems are stable for preparation of beta which will be open to more people.