Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

How much time do you pvp.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chuck Zitto, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Chuck Zitto

Chuck Zitto Gravelord
    Legend

How much of your game time do you spend pvping and how much time do you spend doing other things. This has been something I argued since df started. In uo I spent like 10% of my time farming putting together bags doing treasure maps etc... and 90% of my time doing pvp mostly faction pvp. In ROA its pretty much exactly the opposite. I spend 90% of my time harvesting nodes pveing for gold for med points traveling getting enchant mats refining resources putting gear bags together etc... and maybe 10% doing what I want to do pvp.

2. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

yeah I'm with you. 95% grinding 5% pvp. It is a terrible imbalance.

Zeiken and Schnid like this.
  3. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I don't bother PvPing anymore its a waste of reagents and my toon hits for nothing. No skill gains on players.

Even if I get them down low they just begone, shrapnel, stormblast bunny hop away, heal back to full in half the time it takes me to heal, then come back at me like the fight I'm still healing from never happened.

Oh and closer I get to killing someone the more likely they are to come back with a buddy and gank me.

I'll pvp when I've got a few more spells to 75, but right now it's an unenjoyable waste of time.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

70% farming 15% dueling 10% bank staring 5% pvping.

Zeiken likes this.
  5. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

as a destroyer 95% grind for 5% pvp seems accurate. i was playing a daoc freeshard before coming here and it was more 30% grind after reaching max level, good ratio but badly pvp was boring. grind gear is the worst, you don't have any feeling of progression unlike others mmos where grind gear make sense because you don't loot it. i don't connect much anymore, don't want to invest myself more in the game unless some meaningfull change happen.

Zeiken likes this.
  6. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

depends, if i want to pvp then i'll spend 90% of the time roaming/fighting and 10% regearing etc (this % is obviously higher the more i die)

if i want to pve ill probably spend 50% of the time pveing and 50% pvping since someone always comes by, especially on cairn

7. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

100% pvping

GBunny likes this.
  8. ogresk

ogresk Goblin Shaman
    Legend

I just farm mobs until I get jumped.

Which is usually 4+ players but I suppose it's pvp

Slayven, Wes Furtive and kilrath81 like this.
  9. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Even though I desperately need to PvE, I do ~0% PvE most days. I just wear shitty gear and try to upgrade.

NonFactor and Fengor like this.
  10. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

40% Bank Staring, 5% PvP, 20% Duels, 35% PVE. I'd do more PVE but its so unrewarding. I'd do more PvP but i cant get the gear i want to PvP in because im too bored of PVE to get it.

Zeiken likes this.
  11. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

Hehe... god. If only I had a dollar for every time I raged out at DF for this exact reason. This is a well thought out post that hits the nail right on the head for 90 percent of the people that quit playing the game. Yet the game was launched without fixing this problem. When it was in beta they decided not to listen to people's complaints. They still now ignore the fact that this is just a second job game. No plans to add reasons for pvp to the game either, like faction wars or some type of game within the game. It would help out a lot of people knew what times of the day to log in to get a pvp fix. Also what locations to go for pvp and join a group instead of getting zerged to death. Reasons for 1v 1 pvp would or small scale pvp would be great to. Although I can not think of ways to instigate 1v1 pvp. Except maybe an arena area.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yep... GRIND your face off until you get those spells.

Zeiken likes this.
  12. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Yeah I know right. Bunny hopping is totally "skill" based.

As in, you need to unlock a lot of skills to do it.

I had a maxed out toon with all the usual spells in DFO. Ie I unlocked cheesy mode (easy mode with extra cheese)

Mighty Mouse and Zeiken like this.
  13. Dunk Slammington

Dunk Slammington Goblin Warlord

50% of my time farming/crafting is spent PvPing.
    95% of my time is spent farming/crafting
    Therefore, 47.5% of my time is spent PvPing.

14. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Most days, 100% pve(i use strong-boxes because i'm such a pussy). On my days off, i'd say 50+% roaming/pvp. I only farm 1 hour a day.

15. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Air Elemental
    Supporter

my skill is not growing because pvp fight lasts 30 seconds,duels is shit because there is no adrenaline.
    Even if i make 50 pvp bags,i will stay at the same skill,maybe i need 500 bags to start growing.Sometimes quake CA is much better pvp there is no stupid things.When my 500 bags will be ready, by then game will be already closed/dead/wiped.
    Game is also broken because r50 weapons is unplayable,you need atleast r60 q4 keen.You really need to add destoyers 40% damage to all,not only to staff in hands.These guys in bone have protection selfbuff and they have more slash protection than destroyer in plate,wtf is this joke

#15 AbyssWalker, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    MikeJT likes this.
  16. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

I make it a point to raid somewhere every single day solo, as part of my training regimen to get better. Usually I hit dag or sunthrone, or somewhere on niff

17. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

:screamcat:

18. Goretusk

Goretusk Goblin Shaman
    Hero

85% of anything i do in game ends in pvp. win some, lose some more; maybe i have a black cloud, maybe i just do dope shit others do too, IDK.

19. GBunny

GBunny Skeleton Archer
    Hero

I am rolling a solid 5% PvEing 60% looking for retarded zerging peices of doodoo to kill and 10% PvPing and 25% of the time I am being anti fun nazi on by huge zergs who don't want a good fight. PS I LOVE DARKFALL

20. blkgnd802

blkgnd802 Goblin Warrior

You're fighting other newbies. Everybody in the game knows how to bunny hop except you. You could easily b-hop after them and kill them. I'm a newbie too and I learned to bunny hop in a day.