Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

How populated is DF RoA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackk Warhawk, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Blackk Warhawk

Blackk Warhawk New Member
    Hero

hey was looking to possibly start playing again, but was curios on the population of the game? I am worried it will be kind of dead :(. Appreciate any input.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sameog likes this.
  2. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Infernal
    Hero

You'll find people but only when you try

Blaze likes this.
  3. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Celestial
    Lifetime

The population is fairly good and trending upward, likely to improve even more in the near future.

4. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Dire Zombie
    Benefactor

I farmed leenspar golem. Someone jumped me. While we were fighting, a 3rd guy jumped us. I ran away and saw some spells flung in the distance, by, I think, a 4th guy.

5. Cliche

Cliche Goblin Warlord
    Hero

It was likely sero fighting himself with his alts.

6. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

Hotspots are still hotspots. If you put in the effort you can find people. It doesn't often fall into your lap anymore however.

Fengor likes this.
  7. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch Goblin Warlord
    Wealthy Loyal Hero

PVE Hot spots are hot. Portable villages are 5-15 man groups that tend to keep going until wiped or bored. Certain cities have population as well but not many players actively raid them.

8. KingLlama

KingLlama Fire Elemental
    Supporter Lifetime

The capitals have been having more and more people in them which has been nice.

9. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Crypt Guard
    Loyal Supporter

The population seems worse than it is because of retarded design decisions like trying to make people go out remote areas on the sub continents for unique spawns. They should put everything in the center of the map, and have it optional to go out to bumfuck nowhere on Nif if you want less risk while farming.

I feel like this kinda shit should just be common sense, how long would it really take a developer to replace the trash mobs in center Agon with ones that people actually will farm for q5... and put the old deathless mage loot table back ffs the loot is literally worse than it was back when I was wall-kicking them in 2009! It was straight up retarded to remove dark dragon, eodrin, and demon queen from the center ppl used to farm all those.

#9 Fenrir Frauki, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  10. KingLlama

KingLlama Fire Elemental
    Supporter Lifetime

Its shouldn't one spot for hot spot farming though. Regionalized loot also helps with owning certain areas too.

Raap, Sero and Todd of Hartford like this.
  11. Cista Ashbow

Cista Ashbow New Member

It's looking pretty good, being the only DF version that has increasing population in it's second year.

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  12. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Crypt Guard
    Loyal Supporter

Good then lets make Bloodscar the hottest commodity in the game instead of a bank with nobody using it ;)

Even someone who's never even played Darkfall could take one look at this games map and be able to tell you: The entire center map is supposed to be Compton.

EDIT: The game is far from empty but right now you really have to know where to look: you find these fuckers in some odd-ball places that's for sure ;)

#12 Fenrir Frauki, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  13. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Currently there are a lot of ND players coming over so their numbers are kinda scattered as they don't have citys yet it'll be interesting once they join in on the sieges. But for the general ROA people there are basically 3 alliance with a good amount of smaller clans. The 3 alliance are Blackwater/Legion/Rats/Drifters (40-60), Defiance (30-40), and The Third Army, Battle Saints, some other clans can't remember (25-35). The Blackwater/Legion/Rats/Drifters are pretty inactive in daily PvP except for their italians/chinese players and a few here and there. Defiance is extremely active all day and so is the Third Army alliance. Village ports are where most of the bigger pvp happens which happen every 30min while hot spot mob spawns are where the 1-3 man groups normally go.

14. Cliche

Cliche Goblin Warlord
    Hero

Currently the legion alliance is fielding 40 at an extreme max. With a quarter of that being SB. But you're right, day to day theres maybe 15 or less in total in the alliance on. Everyone's attention is to other games right now.

To that point, what's everyone playing? Cant only be Apex.

Todd of Hartford likes this.
  15. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Not long ago we sieged andruk and there were 60 unique names we listed only reason I put 40-60 because it depends on what you siege haha. But yeah idk why I forgot about sb in that alliance you guys have been pretty active also.

Blaze likes this.
  16. Zuul Ghat

Zuul Ghat Dire Zombie
    Legend

Make Queue Timers Great Again.

17. Cliche

Cliche Goblin Warlord
    Hero

Yes andruk was our biggest showing. I wish that remained the constant.

SB is active and having our fun providing content and being a consistent source of bang. We are gonna do some community events here coming up that are out of the box. Some pvp related, some not pvp related. I'd like defiance to make a showing when we get the events all fleshed out.

18. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Of course we'll make a showing. Been thinking of running events again myself.

19. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Infernal

It's crowded. Espcially if you know where to find people. Also don't go to villages if you have less then 3 people.

20. BumpyKnuckles

BumpyKnuckles Skeleton Archer

Haha games gets populated and more active and the PvE legion guys run to other games. I bet it sucks for them that so many pve spots also became pvp hotspots.

Fenrir Frauki likes this.