Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

How to bring combat to a perfect state in 4 easy steps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sique, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

So your argument against destros is that someone should only play one if they are in a group and never really be able to compete against a mage? "They're made to excel in small spaces/corridors, group fights, and when against an unaware opponent"

All destros are supposed to accept the fact that the spec is not meant for them to be able to play all the time as a destro that they in fact should never be able to 1 v 1 a mage?

Explain this thinking as how it should apply to those who do not want to play a mage and do not want to always require a group in order to play effectively? This sort of backward thinking is what caused hundreds upon hundreds of players to leave this game. You and those like you thinking you should only play a mage "less your in a group" is just pure cancer to the game and clearly not the direction BPG is wanting to go with.

They are attempting to draw more people into what is supposed to be a sandbox game rather than a (have to play a mage) game.
    Your idea is to take more sand out of the box because YOU think destros should only be viable situationaly?

I have to disagree and very strongly. In fact I believe they should expand it some so that archery is also a viable sub spec so that magic and melee is less important. Not to make mages the Gods they once were.

2. Sique

Sique Shadow Knight
    Legend

Finish reading what I said.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

I still disagree with the thought they shouldn't be able to compete with a mage, I am not saying they have it 100% perfect. I agree with hybrid being a good style of play but I absolutely hate cookie cutter type builds in a game. If you do this against that you will loose against a competent player.... That is just bad design in my opinion. I believe anything they do should allow for good play to always be competitive.

4. Sique

Sique Shadow Knight
    Legend

Destroyers were already fully capable of competing with a mage.

5. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

only a very very small amount of people were able to and even then the best destro had little chance of beating a destro.
    Been around since the start, don't believe me? Ask Magnetic Man how many destros could beat him.
    Ask others how many destros could..Terrain would help those odds at times but the utility + Aoe + knockups+ blinds and wof are just super hard to work around for 98% of anyone trying to play a destro and that is why you seen very few of them stay destro for very long, you are simply at a disadvantage in nearly every situation using the old system of destro

6. Sique

Sique Shadow Knight
    Legend

Talking about destro before this combat overhaul, which was already stronger than it was in DFO.

NonFactor likes this.
  7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I miss heavy hybrid and unburden.

Fengor likes this.
  8. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Spellgazer
    Legend

They could start by doing the poll changes? wtf even happened to that they polled it then did fuck all lmao

MaxiHori likes this.
  9. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Infernal

Lol the idea that come hither needs to be reworked before wof is laughable. Ever fought 1v3 as destroy without spikes and been triple woffed, or woffed in air?

Also this game was built around mage having restrictions which they changed in df beta. Would have been cool for bpg to try a 2 tree restriction after GM in this beta, skill ceiling would have been higher tho.

#29 MikerotchBAGFACE, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Sero likes this.
  10. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

You said you wanted to make them like they were in df1 at start of this
    They def were not very strong except right before they nerfed them to what they are now
    Easy to tell by the lack of destros running about

11. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Black Knight
    Supporter

If they revert protections, go ahead and revert battle spikes, mana shield, and my 40/20 destro damage back too thanks.

The old destro was much harder, but much funnier to play. I miss it I really do.

I also think destro seems really easy right now because we are much tankier and the back damage reduction. People in general thought that hurt melee pushers, but imo actually helped us. I can take so many rays in the back before I have to pull out of a sticky it’s kinda funny. Y’all thought the back damage would help with people getting stickied full to dead.. it did but it’s only like 1-2 swing difference. Which isn’t that big of a deal to someone with low ping and decent tracking. Before as soon as I knew someone was trying to peel me off out of a sticky I had to get out or I would take waaay to much damage. Now it’s laughable.

Sique, Fengor, NonFactor and 3 others like this.
  12. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Back damage was an attempt to reduce TTK.

IDK. I'd like it back. Doubtful others feel the same. I'd like transitions to be more of a thing too, but IDK if the gameplay could even possibly be as smooth as current.

Fengor and Oresmacker like this.
  13. Magos

Magos Windlord
    Contributor Supporter

watched an old DF1 vid the other day of a famous destro...1 thing I noticed is the bow draw time was way faster in a FP set than it is now.
    The reduced damage + longer casttime/draw time is pretty extreme...IMO at least the arrow draw time shouldn't be quite so effected with a full heavy set on, it wasn't in DF1.

14. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

bows do more damage than they used too

a good amount of people didnt have max stats back then so did not have full hp, plus this game has removed a ton of skills from original, little skills that lowered damage taken etc..

15. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

U sure he didnt have ranged haste?

16. Magos

Magos Windlord
    Contributor Supporter

it was a solo vid no he didn't have any haste on

17. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

sure revert everything and remove -50% back damage so that destro fuck mage in 3 sec....

only god archery destro can kill gear mages.

stop crying

18. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

@Magos Quickness determines your attack speed with melee and ranged weapons.

Unrelated.... it's crazy to watch old videos and see how the game is wayyyy more competitive now.

Fengor likes this.
  19. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

he only had scale on also, tells me this is fairly early before people had all the protections from all the extra shit and likely low stats

20. Sique

Sique Shadow Knight
    Legend

no i didn't...