Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

How to fix your FPS lag as an Nvidia user.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Pat Macrotch, Dec 12, 2017.

?

Did this fix your FPS

Poll closed Sep 6, 2020.
  1. YES

50.0%
  2. NO

50.0%
  1. Pat Macrotch

Pat Macrotch Goblin Warrior
    Legend

If you read in game announcements BPG has geforce experience as the issue that is causing FPS lag. Unfortunately this is simply not true it is the driver itself (at least in my case and hopefully others). I run MSI Afterburner so I can monitor my video cards (Maxwell Titan X) voltage and speed, when I was using the latest Nvidia driver 388.59 my video card would start idling (go into power saving mode/downclock and downvolt) and give me sub par performance for no reason at all, with or without geforce experience installed. After a lot of trial and error what I found to finally work was to simply revert to this driver http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-388-13-whql-driver-download.html. Before you do this however I recommend you use this program according to the instructions specifically http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html. You will need to be able to start in safe mode if you use DDU as recommended, this is outlined here https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10 After doing this you should be able to install the full geforce suite (including experience) and not get any different performance, so long it is the geforce experience that accompanies the 388.13 download. I have included my cpuz validated system stats for BPG in case it could be hardware specific and my prognosis is incorrect right here ---------------> https://valid.x86.fr/rvki63 After switching to this driver my GPU no longer idles, which was causing sub 100 FPS in almost every scenario. I am also able to record with little to no frame rate loss (200 FPS+) with the version of geforce experience that accompanies this driver in all situations. I have also included a poll for people to let everyone know if this worked or not. Keep in mind if you have never used a program like MSI Afterburner that monitors the voltage and speed of your video card you may have never noticed these things. You can check your driver version by right clicking your desk top background, going into the nvidia control panel/help/system information. GL i hope this helps a lot of people, If you want some help with it feel free to pm me in game @ "Gender Neutral" or "Tender Sprinkles".

#1 Pat Macrotch, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Fengor likes this.
  2. turk0lu

turk0lu Gravelord

I'll give it a try. So far everytime I've gotten the fps bug I spawn all my mounts and just get on one and it goes away until next port

3. Pat Macrotch

Legend

It took me from sub 100 to 230+, which is what I should be sitting at with my computer.
    --- Post updated ---

4. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Please keep this thread clear of any trolls.

5. Pat Macrotch

Legend

Thanks the 2 down votes are from people without the game, that i know for a fact :p
    --- Post updated ---
    In case it wasn't enough, this is my FPS after doing everything I outlined, , it was previously 100-150.

#5 Pat Macrotch, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  6. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

Thanks!
    It works! So, when could i update my geforce driver?

7. Accalia

Accalia Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Definitely works, I have had zero FPS issues since rolling back about 2 weeks ago.

8. Pat Macrotch

Legend

In case it wasn't enough, this is my FPS after doing everything I outlined,
    When nvidia releases a current working driver, or BPG fixes the issue on there end. I'd be ready too keep using the older driver.

Fengor and Methodico like this.
  9. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

In village if there are people or not my fps stuck at 80.... I have difficult to record videos.

10. Thug Life

Thug Life Gravelord
    Hero

Is there any hope of BPG fixing this on their end?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Methodico likes this.
  11. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

It is a drive issue how is BPG suppose to fix it. I am running older drivers no issue. How do you propose BPG fixes the driver issue?

12. Thug Life

Thug Life Gravelord
    Hero

Why would I ask the question if I had the answer?

[​IMG]

13. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

I love when the fix for problems is something I have to do to my computer that works perfectly fine with every other game. Isn't that a hint to the dev team they need to fix something on their end?

14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

indeed

15. Thug Life

Thug Life Gravelord
    Hero

Still an issue for Nvidia users

Methodico likes this.
  16. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

Now I'm better with fps, try this, on game video options put borderless and anisotropic high, then on Nvidia global options activate v sync and restart the game. Now my only problem is that in borderless I can't adjust brightness, but is not a big problem. During siege now i have 60 fps very fluid, no more video lag!

#16 Methodico, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

can also adjust brightness in game by going into NVidia control panel and slightly increasing brightness their, translates over to the game

Methodico likes this.