Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

[HOW TO] Lose all your gear to **sholes [Mature 18+]

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by strangereligion, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

A lot of players are competitive in the darkfall vet community. That means they don't like beating on noobs because there is no competition there. The reason I say the darkfall vet community is full of competitive players is because the old darkfall no longer had noobs to crush and the only people that stuck around wanted fair(er) fights.

Darkfall probably won't keep a decent population because of assholes like Dolphin and because assholes like Dolphin can spend too much time hiding in this massive world even if everyone wants to kill him on sight so the community can't really keep these assholes in check by punishing them.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. joshuawn

joshuawn Ghost
    Legend

you people are literally all insane.

3. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

Welcome to Darkfall! Don't see an issue here it's open world. He's a streamer and doesn't have a delay. It's his fault not Dolphin's. Don't like it don't advertise and cry when you get killed. Suck it up Buttercup! Wow the younger generations are such whinny little bitches.

4. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

you play tf2, tf died in classic, you sir are insane.

5. pathion

pathion Gravelord
    Supporter

I think you are the insane one, it couldn't have been much fun killing this complete noob while essentially wall hacking via his stream. So I don't even understand why you would do it.

And the part where you can't understand how shitty it is is also baffling.

6. Kas

Kas New Member
    Supporter

A few DF vets are the main reason the game always had a hard time getting popular.
    Also over the year, i've realized most of them don't have any job and play pretty much 12-16h a day.

I guess they enjoy having their own world where they can succeed.

Don't mind them, and keep playing ;)

Slayven likes this.
  7. Ch4r4x

Ch4r4x Winterbound
    Hero

The word "literally" is way overused on this forum.

Quin Tessence and Swing like this.
  8. sasser.exe

sasser.exe Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I meant more so your attitude in my post. Also people streaming this game have viewers, viewers that don't have accounts yet, that will be turned off by people like you stream sniping and wrecking these newer players. Yes, this could have an impact.

9. ArrowExpert

ArrowExpert Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

It's funny how you can be so judge mental on what others think. Little do people know that you actually modified the files in DF1 and Unholy Wars to make cloth and chain armor give you protections of dragon.... the truth always comes out.

strangereligion and Slayven like this.
  10. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I heard, through a 3rd party that Dolphin just kind of happened upon him more or less. If you stream in Darkfall, you also have to expect that you will get sniped. Crying about it on the forums seems a little... like crying. A lot of vets tend to res, or help you when they run into you Strange. I like your stream, I appreciate that you are helping to promote the game, but if you get ganked... I mean c'mon it will happen it is Darkfall. Snipe or not, if you changed your forum name to Lady Lillian no one would ever know it wasn't her.

joshuawn likes this.
  11. sky

sky Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor

Well, i mean, you are also quite literally playing with someone who admitted to cheating in UW but you don't vindicate him either. (and this is before we get into game logic, and how it is actually impossible to do that in UW so you're really crying wolf here)

Also, people don't seem to realize that people are taking this stream sniping thing way out of proportion. Dolphin was quite literally next to him, and someone in discord said "oh yo hey im checking out this guys stream, hes near you, just go X a little bit i think". An also new player said that. Its really not like he went way out of his way to kill Strange, despite how certain individuals in this thread are making it out to be.

But whatever, just calling out hypocrisy when i see it.

#71 sky, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  12. joshuawn

joshuawn Ghost
    Legend

ahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah
    so that's how you justified losing to me.
    i love it when non-technical shut-in mouthbreathers who got their mom & dad to help set up babby's first computer try to tell me what's possible.
    jesus christ, you people are all fucking retarded.

back to the topic at hand, to clarify for consistency because sky isn't entirely correct & because strange will have the logs, i had about a 20-30 second window of opportunity. dueling inside hintenfau, i see him around the massive monoliths outside of the ork spawn near hintenfau. i get my stamina up (wasn't very low when my friend and i were interested in who was streaming @ 2 am my time -- and for those wondering, it was strangereligion [~47 viewers], covertahps [~2 viewers], and some other guy that was organizing his bank in what seemed like a 1280x720 resolution [~1 viewer] with a combined total of ~50 viewers) and meet him on the hill. i turned off the stream immediately when i recognized the location. it was a series of unfortunate coincidences for him. there was no major conspiracy to ruin his farming trip. i do not have any intentions to stalk streamers. you guys are reaching very hard for things that aren't there & attacking my character because of inane prejudices. this thread should die, but it's sad that people who i've NEVER talked to are bumping it by claiming i'm some extreme sociopath that is somehow known for ruining the game. i've helped out more new players & studied more things about this game than any of you degenerates.

also, i've "played" this game (i.e. had my character logged on) for only 40ish hours every 2 weeks (sometimes solely in one or two sittings during a weekend) since i'm staying @ my parents over summer break and helping them out with work/chores/anything they need. i couldn't care less about being competitive on darkfall right now & my character is far behind. i'm not some no-lifing vet.

you guys are quite literally being manipulated by someone who enjoys politics. the simple fact that he whined to rex at 4am about dying (and yes, that's 2 hours after he died & spammed the ever-living fuck out of me with petty last-wordy shit that's coincidentally hidden behind an overlay) is enough for me to say that. who knows what other fabrications he told to other clan leaders. classic sign of a fake streamer personality.

@Aristos Giannes:
    i'm blue because i don't attack blue players (outside of one situation where i died at a mob spawn & a blue unfortunately came into the area and started farming -- i'm still repenting for that). if you're willing to play around chaos cities & high-risk lawless areas for profit, you have to be prepared to take the risk. i played darkfall 1 (besides a few month-long stints in some clans) and a lot of UW (up until RGF got big & then after RGF disbanded) almost exclusively solo, and more importantly, i learned the game almost exclusively through my own experiences with no expectation of mercy. i LOVE darkfall because of its hardcore, cut-throat nature, and its original intention was to be advertised exclusively as such.

(not talking about you at this point aristos because i believe you simply didn't know better): regardless of how some of you whiny extroverted pussies play the game, and regardless of my reputation being besmirched due to whatever fallacious excuses & gossip, i have always come to fondly remember every single in-game experience good or bad.

@strangereligion:
    awesome quotes too in that video stringed together to make it seem like i complimented you & then rubbed it in your face by saying "i'm keeping your loot". you went off on a depressed tangent about how bad you supposedly are at the game & i told you to keep your chin up. this was well after you asked (i.e. spammed me incessantly even after i asked you to stop spamming me) if you could buy your loot back, but since i didn't want to waste what little time i had left to keep playing, i said "i'm keeping your loot". you also tried to make it seem that i cared deeply about the value of your loot (of which i still don't know the proper pricing for it) &, to paraphrase, said "hahahah i make 100k gold easily with my clan farming the dark dragons". to reiterate, i had absolutely no idea you farmed anything before any of this. for all i knew, you just logged on and were nearby hintenfau.

more importantly, it's a lawless area, and unless i'm bound to a chaos city & know the people living there, i attack anyone else who's lawless. there is absolutely nothing ethically wrong with doing this, and the darkfall vets in this thread should know better than to talk shit about the situation.

don't you realize that, if i was actually stream sniping maliciously, i would've said absolutely nothing at all to minimize the chance of this stupid bullshit? what possible benefit would i have gotten by being transparent? you twisted my words to get sympathy points & ultimately profit off your stupid stream with stronger political connections.

and even after all this, i still don't think you're bad at all; i think that you have a lot of potential. you're just unfortunately a very petty person.

more importantly, this thread let me know who else to not be merciful to. karma has been sowed.

#72 joshuawn, Jun 10, 2017
  13. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

I get the feeling this thread is about to get a whole lot more entertaining.

I believe you though about it being more just bad luck on his part that he happened to be in the area right next to you, I doubt you were stalking him. Personally I don't kill new players if I know or can tell they're new, but then again I have no idea if you knew that or not. So I take back what I said, I don't really think there's any foul play here. Just normal 'shit happens in Darkfall'.

14. joshuawn

joshuawn Ghost
    Legend

the thread won't get more entertaining because the precedent of bias against me has already been set. being labeled as a psychopath/sociopath/"shit stain" means, by definition, that i shouldn't be believed. regardless, i wanted to say what i said because some of it has been bottled up from trying to take the high road when people talk shit about me.

i knew that he was relatively new due to that boat video he posted which i commented on a while back. if he has played enough to start actively dealing in lawless zones, that's fair game in my eyes (and, since his system chat is obstructed by the overlay, one should note his character is most likely better than mine at this point due to a notable melee damage disparity even when accounting for armor -- super epic perma-noobie streamer!!!). there have been times where i stop attacking people who let me know they don't even want to fight in lawless zones (one instance in late may on southern yssam comes to mind, but i was still pretty annoyed about it because i couldn't find anyone to fight the entire night). to reiterate, killing people in lawless zones is INTENDED BEHAVIOR & people should not set arbitrary precedents about who should be/should not be attacked when they're quite literally playing in lawless zones & the game fully tells you "hey, people can attack you without consequence; you can turn back if you're too scared". otherwise, you're undermining the purpose of the game & you're just being fucking stupid.

that brings me to another point: stop letting people label themselves as "noobs" for arbitrary lengths of time. you're being taken advantage of. yes, he's less experienced in the game than people i consider veterans, but you have to let them die at some point regardless of whatever measly attention he brings to the game. THAT'S HOW YOU GET EXPERIENCE; EXPERIENCE COMES FROM DYING. I BECAME A VET BY DYING A METRIC FUCKTON. i think it's COMPLETELY disingenuous to put streamers in a bubble that obscures the grind & the unfair encounters every single player must go through to get better. while the streamers are knowingly exploiting their temporary royalty status, you hurt the game in the longrun by making newcomers (i.e. people who purchase darkfall after watching streams) expect something the game isn't & should never be.

but yeah, i'm done with this thread. if strangereligion dares to double-down, i'll just post all the chat logs in my gui persistence file if they're still there. i should've been content just because i knew the truth about the situation, but you people got on my nerves. time to drop an anime video:

#74 joshuawn, Jun 10, 2017
    strangereligion likes this.
  15. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

I literally agree!

16. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

lmao

17. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

You're a known cheater who stream sniped a noob. What else is there to say?

You reap what you sow.

18. Rizzlu

Rizzlu Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

This guys fuckin' craaaazy.

19. Ringo Starr

Ringo Starr Deadeye

Banning streamsnipers works very well. Its not hard to prove streamsnipes and accusations wont matter. Only streamers themselves can report for this obviously.
    Other games do this and it works very well. And that is game that are a lot more competitive and have 1000 times the population of Darkfall.

People always argue that "this is darkfall" and pretend like this is a hardcore game. But if you look at other games streamers play on the highest level they are actually a lot more hardcore because of the competition you will face while streaming and the time you spend getting to the highest level.

Also "pvp happened", "salty", "mad cause lost his pixels" are not what this is about its about people cheating in a game and getting away with it.

Obviously it would be cool as this is a sandbox game if it could be solved inside the community as in people "protect" streamers from obvious snipers and stuff like that. Sadly I doubt this will happen as a lot of the "vets" think this is great and what you have to expect for playing this "oh so hardcore game".
    The playerbase basically fucks themselves by making it quite hard to promote the game and increasing the playerbase by making it almost impossible to stream relevant content.

#79 Ringo Starr, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  20. Dread Not

Dread Not Goblin Warrior

pvp happened lets post aboot it

Sintan likes this.