Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

How will my clan mates and myself know this game won't be corrupt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SenseiSpades, Jan 29, 2016.

1. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

And cheating won't be rampant.

I say that, because from my understanding, a large amount of players that played DF1 are part of the staff of ROA.

With that being said, I myself, don't feel comfortable putting in the time and effort to play ROA knowing full well that the staff will also being the ones playing the game. (Or will they be playing the game). Darkfall, of all games, is a game of emotions. I am not saying this will happen, but I fear that it may. Even things such as a staff member going into GM mode to spy on a enemy siege force, or so on.

There is a huge amount of concerns one may have of so much power being given to the few who have their own best interests in mind (while not even thinking of the ramifications it may cause for the success of the game).

I'm just curious if any of this stuff has been addressed or not. If it already has and I missed it some where, sorry!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Hyld

Hyld Infernal
    Legend

Would there not be a similar risk in any game? Do you think people that work at LoL do not also play their same game?
    I think there were similar suspicions on DFO.

In any case it is a fair question on how they will address this potential issue.

Regards
    HG

3. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

A moba is a bit different in regards to GM exploitation than a MMO I would like to think.

4. Celion

Celion New Member

I geuss the best way to be sure is to have a global message by the system if it happens, like an automatic message so all players know who did what, Like for ex. if an admin spawns stuff it should display --> "AdminName spawned ITEMID into his inventory" or "PlayerName has been banned/Muted/Timed-out by Admin/Mod for Reason" , this way i think any admin action can be monitored by any player and they can see they arent cheating themself. but then in the same way Admins should be trusted in any case, like they also have to test stuff, (test server would be an option for spawning items, but would the items work in large pvp combat, or would it crash the server then)

I think we should just trust the developers/GM's that nothing happens.

Like Hyld said , the risk is in anygame, just because this is a former DFO clan doesn't change the fact that they are the new Developers and admins from DF:RoA

Anyway this is my point of view on this.

Bonii and maymo like this.
  5. Xaar

Xaar Dire Zombie

No worries dude , if anything like that occurs i will sort it out. I live in Toronto will go visit Andrew and punch him in the throat! ;DDD
    But seriously this is an issue that need to be addressed some staff members i know are known for being childish and reckless to say at least.

NonFactor and Celion like this.
  6. SupDude

SupDude Gravelord
    Legend

I have the same fears.

NonFactor likes this.
  7. Hyld

Hyld Infernal
    Legend

I have an idea, the BPG staff solemnly agrees NOT to play this game ever, what do you guys think?

Mhwahahah
    HG

8. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

One of the thing AV did wrong, and the community let them know pretty often, is that they weren't playing their own game and knew very little about it, which definitely hurt their ability to understand what needed to be done with it. I'm sure most games have, specially successful ones, plenty of their employees playing the game.

Now, about corruption, the best thing to do is to monitor and log the actions of the GMs. Also, you need to consider that it is not everyone of the team members that is gonna end up having a GM account, we don't even know yet if they gonna hire GMs inside and/or outside of the community. Either way, the amount of GM accounts will most likely be very limited, and they will be easy to monitor if the GM commands are logged correctly. The guy that is in charge of for example the website, or the guy that is a moderator, or the guy that is taking care of the finances of the company most likely won't be GMs. And it's not like DFO's or UW's gms all weren't playing the game...

Unless you are already preparing some excuses for when you get your ass beat? The new excuse won't be "he's a hacker"... it's gonna be "he's a GM", lol (actually it's not new at all... see GM Plutxii).

Last thing. While GM exploitation sucks, imo I see it like I see hacking. By that I mean, if you are the kind of person who get mad at everyone because you think that they are hacking, then yeah, you might be the kind of person that also will get mad at people thinking that they have advantages if you suspect they have a GM. If like me you condemn hacking, but don't stop yourself from enjoying the game even if you know that there might be hackers around, well chances are that knowing the GMs also play the game won't prevent yourself from enjoying it. If you want to be paranoid about it, it's your choice. It just sucks to be you.

#8 Clarence Swamptown, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Fengor, maymo and Neilk like this.
  9. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

Im pretty sure im not advocating for any particular method, it was a question, less of me instructing what should be done. I wouldnt play this game if someone (even self professed) hacker is made a GM for example.

Im pretty sure any reasonable person wouldnt want that.

NonFactor likes this.
  10. Ch4r4x

Ch4r4x Winterbound
    Hero

Good question. Legitimate question.

11. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

Any form of corruption or abuse of GM powers would be as damaging to us as a company as it would be to you the players. GMs will be paid members of staff, recruited on merit and experience and will be subject to the same logging and accountability checks as any other title on the market. This is a guarantee.

We understand the communities concern as Big Picture Games blossomed and grew as a community based venture relying largely upon the efforts and dedication of volunteers, many of whom are known from DFO. That was the necessary growth path for our team then, but this is not reflective of the Big Picture Games of today.

As we progress into the testing phases and eventual release of Darkfall: Rise of Agon, our organisation has grown in professionality and acquired the expertise to meet the requirements and challenges of releasing an MMO title. This is reflected in the experience of our team which is not a motley crew of Darkfall veterans, but experienced professionals from various fields and industries.

What started as a dream has now become a business and Darkfall deserves us to do our business to the best of our ability.

Corruption has no place in our business.

12. Ultra Combo

Ultra Combo Spellgazer

Hey Spades I remember you.

13. Ultra Combo

Ultra Combo Spellgazer

Lol regular darkfall was extremely corrupt... I bought items all day long from a char named DOC. Whatever I asked for he could make it appear in game. No order ever was he not able to fill. I'm sure the guy was a gm just spawning items because I bought some huge massive amounts of stuff. Nobody could farm that much its not possible.

14. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Well they're trying to build a company and a successful game from the ground up, why would they want to destroy that?

Fengor and Clarence Swamptown like this.
  15. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Welcome back Tazmanian Devil

Kilset, Fengor and Clarence Swamptown like this.
  16. Celion

Celion New Member

To easely prevent that you need the software to be updated in an specific way for the anticheat detector.

Also about GM's should be chosen by 4 factors ;

1) Game Knowledge
    2) Community Votes <-- unless the head of Development desides different
    3) Trustworthyness <-- dont know if its a word but now it is
    4) Age and Behavior <-- being a propper adult.

If you keep these in mind and log all events it is hardly possible for a GM to mess around.
    Ofcourse nothing is impossible and it`ll never be, just like any other software/game.

17. Ch4r4x

Ch4r4x Winterbound
    Hero

are you even serious? Community votes?

Neilk likes this.
  18. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Darkfall was corrupt as dicks. If anybody read pluxtii's Q&A on Reddit, you would realize how ridiculous it was. GMs in two certain clans, DOC exploited PA all day and no one checked logs or cared, etc. This time, a whole company who is trying to run it and be successful is handling it.

You'll have to have some faith but it's not like
    You haven't be jerked around for years already friend.

Clarence Swamptown likes this.
  19. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

THAT WAS THE GUYS NAME. I completely forgot about that DOC guy.

20. Celion

Celion New Member

I am actualy, i didn't mean it that the player with the highest votes would be automaticly a Admin, i am just saying it is a factor of being trustworthy enough to be chosen for that role, ofcourse friends will support friends no matter what, thats where the other 3 factors comply