Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

How will my clan mates and myself know this game won't be corrupt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SenseiSpades, Jan 29, 2016.

1. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

Common practice. If it's not a rogue GM doing it, it'll be company sanctioned.
    It's all about money.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Hane

Hane Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Spades has always made me giggle.

3. trashsmasher

trashsmasher Crypt Guard

add a public immutable mod/admin log
    and actually pay your mods so you can get better quality than pale kids
    problem solved

4. Johnjon

Johnjon Skeleton Archer
    Affluent

It is a worthy question to ask, many of these people no doubt would be interested in becoming the new "doc" upon release and making a couple quick grand Player Auctioning, being in comms + clans with friends of friends of the project they don't exactly scream trustworthy to me since I've heard first hand how quickly one doesn't care if they can make a profit from it. Instant gratification is a hard thing to turn down. But who knows, maybe with the game being gone for nearly half a decade they will realize they can't fuck it up if they want it to succeed, or that could reinforce their idea to be corrupt...a bunch of nerds deprived of their game for years may just make that desire to pay go up.

In any case I hope these guys can stay clean, but I wouldn't bet all in on it.

#24 Johnjon, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  5. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Please see this post again. Members of the team are putting a lot of their own money on the line to buy this licence, nobody is going to jeopardize damaging the game or company in any way.

6. Arkillion

Arkillion Dire Zombie

• Please stay on topic
    alcohol.jpg

BECAUSE MY NIPPLES

7. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Patron

I want to punch your eyebrows off your face.

SuB ZeRo, Erock, Fengor and 1 other person like this.
  8. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

pretty sure theres "special" bars you can go to that will give you better luck

9. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Shave your facial hair. It is not working for you at all.

Fengor likes this.
  10. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

If RoA was run completely by one clan I would be suspicious, but the variety of the devs leaves me little to worry about.

Fengor likes this.
  11. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Those tattoos are worse than your eyebrows and that's saying something.

12. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

I think its a excelent point for discussion.

Its alone can ruin the game experience.

I dont wanna see suspicious items on PA for sale...

#32 NonFactor, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  13. BlackSun

BlackSun Deadeye

14. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

I understand this concern better than most having been a head game admin previously for several years. I handled 10 to 15 thousand players myself between 4 to 6 servers in Battledawn. I was responsible for hiring new GMs typically via the community and monitored 3 to 4 other GMs. I also managed the forums and was the overall community manager. In addition I've had over 5 years experience working in call centres. Suffice to say I've got more than enough experience in the areas of providing reliable, trustworthy support both on the phone and through text/email.

I know how much even perceived corruption can break a company's image in a heartbeat. One of my early questions when meeting with AV's developers to answer technical questions was how the GM system worked, logging, etc. The system can log actions pretty well already so we won't need to improve much in that regard. We'll be creating a series of automated checks through the logs for various suspicious activities including creating items though. Any red flags will notify the management team and head GM. We also have a manager for the customer support and GMs side of the company who will be doing regular weekly monitoring and monthly reviews with each support person. GMs who have the ability to create items will be very limited to prevent corruption at a base level as well.

On top of this Hugo will be acting as our company Ombudsman to the community. For those unfamiliar with this role it is essentially an individual or office where you can take any issues that the normal means of escalation(Reporting issues through a support ticket or to the customer support manager) have failed to provide a satisfactory response.

We strive to be open and transparent in all regards as much as we can. This is a very fair concern of the community's due to the history of GM corruption. For that reason we are taking extra steps to ensure checks and balances are in place to prevent corruption situations.

Oh and yes like virtually every other position(save interns and forum moderators) we will be paying our GM and support staff. This will not be Bobby Joe average player putting in some free time to be a GM a few hours a week. Volunteer roles now will be converted to paid roles as funds become available.

More information about reporting process for GM issues will be available during our alpha/beta periods.

Hope that helps address your concerns, it is of utmost importance to us to maintain a reliable and trustworthy support staff.

-Andrew

Dixie Normus, Uzik, Xipos<3 and 3 others like this.
  15. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I laugh everytime I see that. If for some reason, DF return end up becoming even more popular, they will not even follow theirr words on that vote shit.

I don't trust the staff neither. Skreww l00se was a staff and he was the first one who got mad and left. Then, he posted things we were not even supposed to know about,

Something must be done. Players must be able to monitor actions of the GM's too. If they spawn an item, globally, ppl should know about it. If they do anything, globally, everyone should know about it.

16. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

You honestly look like you fuck dogs.

Ninogan, Kilset, Xaar and 4 others like this.
  17. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

He's never heard of Instagram apparently

18. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

I'm pretty sure that's his Grindr profile pic.

Xipos<3, Erock, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  19. Nazrolith

Nazrolith New Member

I killed Catboy. Permaban. Watched him fade.. permanently. It was awesome. There's pkin.. then there is perma pkin. His power flowed into me like that dude in highlander. When I close my eyes and think on it, I can still taste it.

20. Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon New Member

He was using dupe bugs. Some of those probably still exist in the code because every asshat clan that was invited to alpha / beta test of the original DFO, NEVER reported them.

The bugs were kept secret from the devs and the devs themselves didn't have proper flag checks in place for certain things so they never knew about it.

Don't remember the exact clan name but they were proven to be friends of a couple developers and they pretty much got away with everything. I remember them claiming to have BILLIONS of gold and it was true since they could purchase anything at any given point, no questions asked.

I know of this because I sold them a deed for 250k and they gave me 300k plus a couple bags full of resources and spell books and what not.

Back to the point though, I doubt Big Picture Games will go the same path Aventurine did, simply because they come from a different culture and have different ethics and morals.

Its safer to assume they want their newly founded company to proper and get famous for being a good company like CCP, instead of becoming infamous for shitty practices and complete incompetence like Aventurine.

Think about it.

If that was you, what would be more important? Keeping your company's integrity intact and make TONS of money, or just fuck things up to have a good laugh with your buddies on Ventrillo?

Running an MMO is a huge endeavor and involves a shit ton of money to get things up and running. This prevents corruption.

Its not some Lineage II private server where the admin plays a character in his 5 man clan and spawns stuff for everyone.