Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

How will PvP work with Racial Wars out of the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drigoroth, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Drigoroth

Drigoroth Goblin Scout

So, I just found out Race Wars was removed from the game, so Mahirims and Dwarves are best friends now. This isn't a big deal, in fact, I kind of like this idea. My friend can finally play his smell dog race, while I can play the proud and stout Dwarves.

My concern is, how is PvP going to work, without going red? Before you could hunt in different lands, finding people your race was at war with, but now we're restricted to Lawless areas. I don't remember much of those existing in the original Darkfall, just the four islands. I didn't get to play the beta for RoA, so I don't know if they fixed the parameters of it.

Am I able to walk a good ways out of town, and then PvP out in the wild, without going red? Or can I just never attack anyone unless I leave the mainland? If thats the case, then this game got a lot less hardcore, and will really limit people from engaging in PvP unless they are able to live out of a clan city.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

We will be monitoring the feedback on the lawless/lawful land situation and make adjustments if necessary. We have made a few tweaks, Villages now go Lawless 30minutes before and after the village goes live. We have also added territory control settings to holdings for users to be able to set their land and city to either lawless/lawless, lawful/lawless or lawful/lawful depending on how they want to run their guild/city/lands and what sort of action they want to attract.

Fengor and Drigoroth like this.
  3. Drigoroth

Drigoroth Goblin Scout

Alright, that answered some of my questions and concerned, but the big one is still how much land is basically lawless, did that get changed from orginial darkfall?
    Essentially, what I mean is, am I not able to PvP on the mainland without taking a hit to reputation, or did you make it so a good chunk of land outside of the Towns is now lawless?

4. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

The same lawless/lawful breakdown remains but as i mentioned above, we are open to suggestions and feedback to make it a better experience and have already tweaked villages/city options to help with the blue vs red world.

Uncle Jo likes this.
  5. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Think there was some talk about group flagging which should help with people losing alignment when one group started a fight with the other. Kinda forget everything that was said but basically pvp will be more red vs blue on the basic levels, (instead of racial wars with red vs blue which I like alot more) then clans/fractions though Red vs Blue will still be a big theme since everyone will start off blue, probably creating too many blues IMO.

Racial Wars was initially assumed to be worked back in through the fraction system but opt-in, IMO undermining it for the most part, but think fractions wont really have much or anything to do with races or old racial alliances, merging more into other concepts, likely religious implications tying into new lore, but largely a way to offer new bonuses for those who pick a side, rather than stay global blue, or just go red.

Mainly all that was done was to try to revert the alignment system into a simple foundation in which will be built on and extend to Opt-In fractions. The next implications in these regards have yet to be implemented, to my understanding, believed it was a kind of single/group flagging mechanism.

6. Drigoroth

Drigoroth Goblin Scout

Ah... Thats kind of a shame. Makes it so I can't PvP unless I'm completely willing to go red.
    I guess its more like UO, but in the end it'll just be Reds who are ready to fight going into safe zones destroying everyone. Not sure I see much incentive to do PvP.

7. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Yeah but the single/group flagging is suppose to help with that beyond the fact that alot of places will be lawless. Honestly the removal of Racial Wars IMO should have been more mulled over with the community, though the main arguments is that it will help with ppl playing together, with trade, with building onto alignment system with less complexities that may arise, and will be to keep that simplicity for new players by keeping the Red vs Blue as default alignment. But more is suppose to be done to rightfully make clan/fractions more predominant and main end game pvp, though once again, IMO, should just keep racial wars, or atleast go back to it with red vs blue as the basic first levels of pvp new players will get into.

My argument was that some of these issues could have been addressed without removial of racial wars, and allowing ppl to start off with different racial alignment and work to change alignment after would be better. Also argued that though I can see how removal racial wars could help with working out a good alignment system since there would be less complexities they'd run into, that I think this may not be as helpful as it may be, and mainly the excuse is the other arguments rather than this, which could have been addressed specifically rather than a big part of why this bad move (IMO) was agreed on.

#7 Donaddor Lightbringer, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  8. Drigoroth

Drigoroth Goblin Scout

How much reputation do I lose for a kill in this game? I tested it in the beta for the 1 day I was on, and I only lost -100 for killing someone (without a gank) Is it going to stay that low? That would be ideal.
    How am I able to gain back reputation, since we don't have racial wars, can I just go to churches and pay a lump of gold to get it back up, or wait a period of time? How do I stop from going red, whiles till getting a kill or two in, or how do I go back to being blue once being red?

9. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Think its like half of what you got, Gank adds a bit more. Forget how much. When your really low its alittle different, 0 alignment acts like ur blue though think you wont be able to enter sanguine.

You gain more rep by farming in certain dungeons that will give you a bit mroe alignment per mob kill. You can still go to churches to pay 2k to regain 20 points I believe. Forget how much now but Dungeons will be the main way to get ur alignment up. Churches don't give enough for a whole 24 hour cooldown, which I believe it is. Don't think you can give it more than 2k a day either.

Alignment goes up to 1k now, and at 1k you become a saint after a while of staying at 1k (think a week?) If you kill someone at 1k, you lose 500 alignment and it a big hit since at 1k you can Capital recall ( a new recall ) for free every 30 mins, instead of every hour or so for some gold. Reds get Chaos recall. Should scan over patch notes sometime aswell as check out the Alignment threads devs made awhile back. You'd find me championing for the preservation and completion of Racial Wars and largely being ignored.

10. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

I believe you lose about 50% of your alignment for a kill depending on what alignment you have. Ganks are a straight 20 alignmenet loss.

You can gain back alignment through praying at a chaos city church which i believe is +20 alignment for 2k gold with an 11 hour cooldown. You can also farm in any one of the racial area dungeons which will give you alignment for monster killed.

Essentially what Donaddor stated.

Donaddor Lightbringer likes this.
  11. Drigoroth

Drigoroth Goblin Scout

Alright, I think I understand, just need to be cleared up on one thing. Sorry for pestering you with Questions, but my friends and I mostly ignored the beta thinking there wouldn't be much change, now we are scrambling to figure out whats going on before launch lol.
    You lose 50% of your current alignment whenever you kill? So does that word like (Kill someone at 500 alignment, now 250. Kill someone at 250, now at 125. Kill someone at 125, now 75. etc etc?) If thats the case, does only ganking really make you go red? Or is there a cut off when it stops being 50% of your alignment, and a base number?

Donaddor Lightbringer likes this.
  12. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

I believe at 100 or below it takes the remainder of your alignment.

Also for a summary of our patches notes you can read here - https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/game/development/compiled-patch-notes/

13. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Compared to DND, there isn't much drastic changes, mainly a good amount of fixing/reconsidering certain things than big changes ppl may assume ROA would keep and figure it'd stay that way for the most part.

DND done alot more than ROA and personally they done alot of things I wouldn't want in Darkfall, but they are keeping racial wars. You can't recall AT ALL tho, localized banking, a completely experimental combat system with possibly little foresight, extreme stam drain, and some other stuff, don't really look into it since I know they completely disregard what darkfall should have been for what darkfall could be if seen as mainly a base game to be completely reconsidered. ROA, though racial wars removal is not good, will still be closer to 1.0 than DND. I personally think this is goign to be a bad taste in a ton of ppls mouths, but ROA IMHO is the Darkfall game to play, though I want both to do really good.

Think one think I like about DND tho minor is taht the knock ups were addressed, thought toned down too much I think. Not sure about knock ups in ROA but right now its more than likely nothing will happen to it, atleast for a good while unless ppl stress on how cartoony and bad it is after launch sometime.

#13 Donaddor Lightbringer, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  14. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

All the sub-continents are lawless so go PvP there when the time is right.

15. Drigoroth

Drigoroth Goblin Scout

Kind of takes away the danger factor when playing this game. Best thing about it was knowing at any second you could get jumped by someone, if I have to go to the designated PvP zone to get into a fight, that'll just kill half the suspense.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll still be fine, blues would always gank on UO, so its not like I wont see PvP. Guess it just means I can be a Dwarf and my Friend can be a Mahirim and life will be okay.

16. Vic

Vic Spellgazer
    Legend

I have made my own thread about this as well, all these changes are fair enough, but I really think the lawless zones should be redrawn now rather that waiting for the feedback. Early game pvp will be absolutely shit as it is right now. I suggested a corridor that stretches a bit along either side of a border between racial lands as a very easy start if the devs don't want to spend time making custom borders based on reasonable distance and mob spawns around newb lands/npc cities.

LordCaligular likes this.
  17. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

You can still kill people outside of lawless zones, just means you'll go red?

18. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

They spoke of potentially adding in some sort of opt-in faction/religion/belief system, whichever you would like to call it that would essentially act as a bit of free pvp vs opposing members kinda like the old race war system did.

19. mirim

mirim Goblin Warlord
    Legend

@Bloodscar what about traderoutes start and arrival?

20. Vic

Vic Spellgazer
    Legend

That's correct, the only problem is that the only areas that are lawless are the 4 islands and mid map, neither of which will be very popular to the newer player, and considering a major selling point of the game is the pvp it would be extremely disappointing to find out you have to travel way out of your racial lands (where the people will be far superior to you) to get some pvp.

They won't want to pvp in lawful lands (ie all the racial lands) because if a new player goes red they are kinda fucked. No easy mobs to grind on and they will not survive in a red city.