Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Hows high is the Aussie ping?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SiegeForce, Nov 10, 2015.

1. SiegeForce

SiegeForce Skeleton Archer

Just curious how high the aussie ping will be for a hero like me.

2. Suicidesheep

Suicidesheep Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Here are some of the server pings we are testing, the server will more then likely be hosted in New York so you can test out these pings to get a feel for your ping.

1: 104.128.63.17

2: 64.46.100.1

3: 206.221.176.194

4: 216.52.94.1

chad likes this.
  3. SiegeForce

1 and 4 sit at 250, the other 2 are 300.. lame. people are scared of aussies with low ping

4. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We are going to try to get a partnership set up with one or more of the ping booster services available such as wtfast. We're hoping to get a deal for our players primarily for high ping guys like our Aussie brothers! And everyone else having 150+ ping.

Also would love to visit Australia and New Zealand, number one on my bucket list of places to visit. Anyone offer a Canadian brother(Plus wifey and 3 kiddies) a big couch for a few days? :D

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Riftmaster

Riftmaster Deadeye

As I understand the situation, Australia is in a bad location in terms of connection speed, for servers located almost anywhere in the world other than Australia itself (or immediate area?).

Certainly if we're talking a single server, positioning it so that the majority of people worldwide can access it at a reasonable speed almost always means Australians get screwed.

So basically if you live in Australia you either need a server dedicated to that region or for someone to upgrade the cables running along the ocean floor.

Neither of which is likely to happen anytime soon for RoA.

6. SiegeForce

The server loacation for DF 1 NA Launch was fine, aussies had 160-170 and EU players could handle it aswell. But unless things are greatly changed such as spikes, load lag, grind issues i wouldnt consider starting again anyway.

7. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Whaaaaaat I totally remember you saying it was at least 300 every time I got a rage tell from you after beating you :p

8. Kotic

Kotic Infernal
    Legend

^^^^^^^^Holy this, Aussies, especially Siege Force, always complaining aboot 200, 250, 300+ ping when losing or getting killed :lol:

9. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

load lag we've identified and believe we found a relatively easy fix for it.

Grind issues we're addressing via the power gap and meditation plus potentially more things to bridge the gap.

Spikes? You mean latency spikes or battle spike hopping? Latency spikes is something we don't have much control over for someone connecting so far away. Services to improve latency should make drastic improvements though to both ping and more importantly ping spikes.

10. Unknowm mantra

Unknowm mantra New Member

1: 100 ping
    2: 90 ping

due WiFi, all other 120+

11. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

He's probably talking about the original NA server location in California (if I'm not mistaken), I believe most australians had sub 200 ping to that host.

Then it was moved to Chicago and australian ping went to the shitter. The curious part is that brazilian ping improved in pretty much the same proportion their ping got wrecked, so from night to day HH went from a couple relevant players to more than a full party of decent players, becoming probably the best "casual" open recruitment clan on the server, while aussies faded away, with a good number of them quitting. Quite sad.

12. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Goblin Warrior

Bleh. Make an L.A. server again :(

13. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

It would destroy the EU players unfortunately. Based on numbers the majority of players (>70%) are located in NA or EU so we had to drop in New York for best ping for the majority unfortunately.

14. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Goblin Warrior

I just miss the good old days, but I understand spreading the love around.

15. SiegeForce

Before the server move, after that and on UW i had 250+

I dont think it would ruin EU players from playing, they still would with 120 ping... but meh, i beat most nerds with 250ping so i doubt it would be that hard to do again