Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Huge fix for spawn jumping.

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Shieldbreaker, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Your argument basically sum up to "you're wrong, cuz i said so. Also just because you do something doesn't make it right or make your opinion worth more somehow. I am 100% confident I have solo farmed more than you and 99% of the darkfall community but that doesn't really mean shit.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

I hate being jumped so, I decided to just keep my hp always high so if I get jumped pop rage and have a good fighting chance

Leopold Stotch, Thrill Kill and Korag like this.
  3. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I said you are wrong cause you said people disagreeing with your idea don't farm solo. I said you are wrong because all I ever did was farm solo. As did/does a majority of the people on this thread.
    I have a different opinion based on my exp. and playing with a lot of different people. You saying my opinion is worth more is just you being upset that my opinion is different than yours. Just because you think you need a pvp shield while your farming does not make you "right" either. So what exactly is your point?

4. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

That basically makes it impossible to melee farm solo though which is a very good way to farm on medium level monsters.

5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

exactly, playing smart and keeping stats up while your pveing is something everyone should learn early on. specially someone that has done more pve then 99% of the server. Being aware of your surroundings and keeping stats up means that if you get jumped you are not at a huge disadvantage. Plus you can use strong boxes well placed so that if you do die the loss is a lot less.
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean do you not see how your idea can be exploited into causing issues? How it could mean a good player getting jumped (unless it is like 6 guys) get an advantage against those jumping him:? How someone could exploit that shield by hitting some mobs prior to jumping someone? Can you not at least agree that is a huge issue?

6. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

The shield would only stop PvE damage. You would only ever be on equal footing as someone jumping you with full stats. You're turning the OP's idea into Andrews, to be honest, stupid idea. Giving the advantage to the player being jumped somewhat makes sense but all I would ask for here is to put both players on equal footing. The player jumping the farmer already has the advantage of surprise, why do they need more advantages while risking less? It's silly.

7. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

I bow usually it’s pretty good .... just saying

Leopold Stotch likes this.
  8. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

I have done a ton of pve both with ranged attacks and melee, this is what I think.

1. you do not deserve any kind of shield, part of the game is watching your surroundings
    2. the attacker has the advantage, that is true, that's why you need to be careful
    3. melee farming solo can be risky, soften up monsters with ranged attacks first or use protection enchants vs their melee damage type, even cold protection enchants can be very useful at certain spawns.
    4. you can deal good dps with a one hander and shield and block big attacks with good timing
    5. use banes and transmutes when advantageous
    6. consider where enemy players are most likely to come from and keep an eye on those spots
    7. put your loot in a strongbox or hide a bag somewhere
    8. if you do melee, disengage frequently for healing rotations, if you let your health get low you are accepting the risks and consequences
    9. mahirim and ork are good choices if you want to farm riskily with melee
    10. carrying moderate healing potions can be good to keep your health recovery up while solo melee farming

That's just off the top of my head, there are tons and tons of ways to effectively farm solo. I really don't like the idea of making pve really easy just because you could get jumped, plus being jumped can create the greatest moments of tension and I wouldn't want to lose that.

Fengor, Thrill Kill, Korag and 3 others like this.
  9. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

^

Billy Lee likes this.
  10. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

lmao pve shield

lmao make load lag a feature not fix the broken fucking engine

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  11. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

+1

Billy Lee likes this.
  12. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Deadeye
    Benefactor

I think you lack reading comprehension. The shield does NOTHING vs players. If you got 400hp, you got 400hp vs players. But, the 200hp, for example, shield will only help you keep at those 400hp, so you start the fight 400hp vs 400hp, instead of 300hp vs 400hp, thus giving a better chance at a proper fight. You still will be lacking spell reflect and risking way more, so I don't think any thrills will be gone, just a better chance at a proper fight.

13. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I understood it perfectly, that's 600hp against monsters and sounds terrible.

14. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Deadeye
    Benefactor

Yes, vs monsters it would be 600.

The entirely seperate pve and pvp hp bars idea would not buff players vs monsters. Though I fail to see how having 600hp would change pve at all, I guess you could melee raptors down with slightly less stats and could use a r60 with smaller keen, as opposed to needing r70 knives with a good keen?

It is not as if pve was this finely tuned fun gameplay.

15. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

It would probably be better off as another health pool since newer and older players would still just use their pve shield as well as their health pool and still be jumped at a disadvantage.

Also I'm amazed how few people are for equalizing spawn jumping fights. You'd think with all of these e-peens floating around they would welcome the fight rather than just taking someone's hard earned loot with minimal work.

Shieldbreaker likes this.
  16. Thrill Kill

Thrill Kill Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

No.

Don't be lazy.

Fengor likes this.
  17. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

This basically would mean elite/vet players will never die again to regular and below players jumping them. Those regular players will in turn still get farmed by vets. This doesn't really do anything in the grande scheme of things and ends up eating more development resources that are desperately needed elsewhere.

18. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Good joke :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

19. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Pretty much this.
    --- Post updated ---
    I don't see the joke.

Blaze likes this.
  20. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

Whitout the risk to lost all anyone play this game....please dont listen who lost something and cry for that...make more interesting farming in safe zone .....add some raciall skills for pve and make more easy replace gear bag please....