Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Huge fix for spawn jumping.

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Shieldbreaker, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

truth ^

Blaze likes this.
  2. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

As you receive consecutive pve hits, ''a'' sudden pvp damage should proc a barrier with additional health for a few second if you have below 200 hp. That barrier should only be useful against players. IT can last from 2 seconds and up. zerg that jumps you with wof would be able to break that shield before the timer ends.

We get jumped and we die unless we farm in range or unless we can feel load-lag first. So you not getting additional health for ever which means that you still have to reset and fight or run.

Most ppl farm in robe in the hot spots for a reason. You see ppl in robe at guardians, champs and sele golems. Would that change with a barrier that auto proc? I'm sure it would has it would give time for the defenders to use the extra health for a few sec to either recover true health or run.

That gives options for the jumpers. They can wait until you have 201 hp to jump you so the barrier won't proc or they can jump you at 1hp to watch you gain 201 additional hp from the barrier. From there, they can either monitor you until the timer on the barrier ends or they can wof and break it as fast as possible.

[​IMG]

And loag lag has to become a true reliable feature.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

I like the attitude but I think your solution for the problem isn't that good and kind of confusing and a bit arbitrary with 200hp. But yeah there's no reason ever to farm in good gear because 95% of the time you're going to die anyways when/if you get jumped.

I also agree that load lag still being in the game is dumb and if they can't fix it then there should be some kind of in game proper system that says. "x amount of players are near you". I'm not sure what's up with my client but I get random load lags all the time farming solo and it's definitely not players so it's kind of dumb some people can use load lag as a player detector but others cannot.

4. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

Recently I've been jumped at a few mobs spawns and if I had this shield the other players would of lost harder? It's called be ready and aware, we don't need anything like this..the thrill of pve would be gone.

5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

was the point I was trying to make but gave up because stupid

6. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Making your decisions based on your personal experience isn't always the best way for game design. Just saying. Just because you're a good player doesn't mean the game should be balanced around how good you are.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

but it has to be factored in when doing the overall planning because this is not just going to be a personal exp. It is going to happen with a lot of people, in fact it will happen with everyone really. On different levels for sure but it will effect everyone as there is always someone stronger or weaker than yourself.

Thrill Kill likes this.
  8. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

But who should we be tweaking the game around? The good players who are already killing players for they're loot as well as players who jump them or people who can't even kill players when they jump them let alone when they are being jumped?

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Need to find the best balance possible, which more than likely does not exist. But finding a happy medium is possible so long as it is monitored and tweaked never ending. The shield thing in the end is really not going to make a difference for the weaker player getting jumped. It will help some people if they get jumped by a weaker player or = skill but it is more than just being low stats it is a surprise factor that cannot be measured and is different with each person being jumped as some handle it better than others.

10. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I prefer to make the lawful death less painful. Fawley's suggestion for tiered drop chances looked pretty good.

11. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

Making any kind of change would be based off of some kinda in game experience. Such as noobs having bad experiences getting jumped so let's make a shield. Just saying.

12. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Thanks. It would definitely help for the newer players and less skilled ones. Of course it didn't really change that you'd lose everything you farmed but at least you generally wouldn't be worse off than when you started which is how it is now.

13. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Crypt Guard

I miss the Track Foe skill from Shadowbane, that was huge. Would constantly check track for enemies, specially in the days when groups of 10 were constantly roaming around. Only the scout and huntress I believe had the largest range, but at least it gave you a heads up and a chance to fight or flight in time.

14. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I'm going off topic with this.

In dfo, if you died, it was not as bad as today. We were able to save our progress.

On roa, if you die, you lose everything. That's an other problem we have today. You can waste 1 hour and feel like shit.

We shoulnt have to reach for a bank only to be "fully rewarded". We need to be able to save progress where it matters. Titles dont currently help with that.

15. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

what do you mean by save our progress? Not much is different except it is so much easier to gear up and make a character in ROA than it was in DFO

16. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

What the fuck are you talking about?

This is a full loot, open world, PVP-oriented game... in which you must farm to be viable in PVP. You can get jumped while you farm, you can jump others while they farm. This is part of the game. This is why we still play it.

Close this fucking thread.

Fengor, Slayven and Korag like this.
  17. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

They are saying that in RoA there is no character progression, just item progression. In DF1 there was character progression which you would keep even when you die.

I'm fairly confident the current population isn't playing Darkfall so that they can be jumped. It's full of assholes that just want to take other peoples shit. Prove me wrong.

18. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Fight fire with fire

19. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

For me the solution it's something like the messagge sistem whe someone enter in an city player...

20. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

You don't know what this means now do you?

What you just said doesn't apply at all with anything that has been said in this thread.

Next time you quote something make sure you know exactly what the person who first wrote it meant in the first place when he said it.

Fighting fire with fire in the scenario's that has been presented in this thread would mean the following:

-You jumped me so i'll jump you.
    -You zerged me so i'll zerg you next time.
    -You took one of my clan mate so i'll take one of yours.
    -As you grieve through your loss, you make an other gear bag and you farm for an other hour to recover from your loss(an other way to fight fire with fire).

In DF standards, you gotta die either way when you get jumped at spawns so saying that line (fight fire with fire) means absolutely nothing. You still lost 30-45 minutes of progress.

IF you survived when you had what 30% health left, you were obviously a lot better than the player in question.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm with this, but it shouldn't give away numbers. It should only warn you that there might be some potential enemies around.

I want the devs to think about this. We can only feel fully protected with system messages. When they took that off the cities & hamlets, you could recall back and get ganked at the bindstone instantly for not knowing that a group was waiting for you. So you lose 1 full hour of progress which sux. I died that way once in DF ROA beta and i have killed many players that way in serruk.

In chaos cities, there's no system messages. So you run the risk of getting jumped when you recall or you can always get jumped at the bank(which happens a lot if you live in chaos cities)

Therefore, you only feel safer in hamlets, cities or in a safezone. We can still feel safe with load-lag everywhere, but that's not an intended feature. It really sux for those who can'T feel load-lag.

#60 Scrapnotcrap, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Fawley likes this.