Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Huge fix for spawn jumping.

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Shieldbreaker, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Every body dies to getting jumped I don’t think proper content..but u move or u don’t..

2. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Either you're saying everyone dies when they get jumped farming in which case you're just a walking bag of loot or you're saying everybody can die while getting jumped but the better players will win getting jumped.

In the first scenario there's no competitive PVP at all in getting jumped and we may as well go play a pure PVP game like League or CSGO if you want PVP.

In the second scenario, there's the competitive PVP but it only differs and matters when the player getting jumped is vastly superior to the player jumping the other player.

I feel like both of these scenarios are not good game design. In past open world pvp games like UO and UO-like games, it was a top down game and you at least saw the enemy approaching you and you could kite back while healing and going away from the mobs getting ready to fight back or just try and out run them. In darkfall that's often not something you can do. You're at a specific spot the enemy knows you might be at and you're making tons of sounds and the enemy is silently moving around without even nameplates above them. This is especially bad when you're killing humanoid monsters that even look like players.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Is kind of the point of a FULL LOOT pvp game. That is the very reason most people play so that they can FULL LOOT people they kill
    PVP = Player vs Player environment it does not mean Fair Fight Arena Game which in reality is never fair due to player skill.

Fengor and Thrill Kill like this.
  4. soulpcbr

soulpcbr Infernal

I love the adrenaline of being in danger at all times. Darkfall is it. And it should remain so. I just think that they should reverse the change of bonny hopping because now sometimes we can not escape.

Korag likes this.
  5. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Bunny hopping works both ways though.

soulpcbr likes this.
  6. soulpcbr

soulpcbr Infernal

But with the falling damage curse you become vulnerable when being zerged. One comes hopping like you and others mounted.
    It is impossible to escape from zerg.

7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

not impossible, first dont let yourself get down to one hit. Stop the hop heal then hop again, I have seen videos of people recently getting away from being zerged because playing smart and not allowing themselves to be hampered by that mechanic. Should never be an "I Get away" button, the current system allows for possibility to escape but you have to do it right and it is much harder to do as it should be.