Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

I feel like destroyers are too strong in 1v1's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrapnotcrap, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Destroyers are currently harder to deal with than ever before in 1v1's

I think R90's need to be reverted. With the current R90's, fights against destroyers feel long winded if we try hard enough to win and we end up running out of stam if we don't use enough pots or stam-drain. R90's don't really feel like finishers against destroyers and these were our most reliable finishing spells.

If you really wish to nerf the mage's DPS, i think you need to bring back the old casting delay. Not later, but now. R90's were not as spammable back-then; especially not at closed-range.

Maybe something else is to blame? Should piercing protection block arrow damage again?

Now in group fights, destroyers are probably fine. It's not as hard to rely mostly on rays, bolts and arrows. Wof can be used on cooldown too. So using direct hits and healing spells is pretty easy in small to large group fights. You can still sync your nerfed R90's to finish a destroyer.
    In short, destroyer don't feel brainless in group fights no more.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Auron and JasperHawkins like this.
  2. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Destroyers are even stronger in groups. They're just OP in RoA and much easier to be "good" with.

Devs are biased against mages.

Games much worse than DF1 in literally every way except for the hotbar changes which removed the need to run burst/cycle AHK scripts.

I have a better chance of being an elected politician than RoA has of ever being a populated game.

Scrapnotcrap and Johhny Mad Dog like this.
  3. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Oh, look, Smurf being clueless again. Destro easier to be good... lmao. I can think of MAYBE 2 players that are better at destro than they are mage.

Oresmacker, Bug Eater, Schnid and 4 others like this.
  4. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

Alot of it has to do with the abundance of wealth/gear imo, since destros scale better with items. I think if the armour patch is implemented well it could potentially close the gap a bit.

5. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

more like they did a half baked revert xD somehow heavies still hit like trucks in melee never used to be this huge of margins in melee difference,

6. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Revert or fix r90 splash damage and nerf a bit dagger dmg...mage have to use the staff when the destro it's not to close ...

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  7. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

r90's were reverted to DFO level splash damage. When we made the changes to levels 1-5 instead of 1-100, the tiers were changed which made aoe splash damage much stronger than it was in DFO.
    --- Post updated ---
    Nope, the formulas are all the same as DFO now. The difference is the gear levels were never this high in DFO, +40% damage on a keened r70 is much stronger than r50/r60 that most used in DFO. Especially when destroyers are in full infernal with physical enchant protections.

Auron likes this.
  8. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

If only mages had high tier Armour as well to help balance.

Johhny Mad Dog and Battle Smurf like this.
  9. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

maybe cuz bow damage 70 is turd.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  10. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Crypt Guard
    Benefactor

Something to think about, not saying it is correct/wrong.

In DFO, bows were faster (0.7 speed if I recall), had +- same damage, but their damage was reduced by both arrow and piercing protection. Could be bows are op now due only being reduced once, by the arrow protection?

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  11. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

So you make higher tier metal armor cheaper and easier to obtain. At the same time you gave mages no equivalent? So you messed up balance again while tying to re-balance the mess you made before, to fixed the mess you made before that? Do you even have unit test to prove this? You know like compare damage out put and damage mitigation or you guys just winging it? If you do please post the unit test results.

#11 Not_Primetime, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  12. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

i think you’re confused about everything you just stated.

13. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

YEAH LETS DO SOME MORE COMBAT CHANGES

Bojangles and Nat like this.
  14. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I can name more than that just in my clan :D

15. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

anything over full plate needs to be significantly rarer

16. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

Confused about what a unit test is? Do us ALL a favor and go back on time out!

17. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

I have been screaming how stupid strong destro is right now. I came back inquired about changes and everyone in ROA discord..."yomi youre not op anymore literally you get wofd even in a 1v1 and youre dead." The only person that has killed me 1v1 has been rex and we go pretty even.

Yall didnt want that destro staff damage back. Me and @Oresmacker tried to tell you guys.
    --- Post updated ---
    I agree mostly with you but destro in the hands of me or animal or gutz or any other destro main thats competent can be extraordinarily hard to deal with 1v1 then putting us in a group fight will be devastaing.

Destros always do work in group fights theres so much going on its too easy for a destro to blind side a mage in mass chaos from full to dead especially if your back line has been infiltrated undetected.

Oresmacker, Battle Smurf and Auron like this.
  18. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Make destroyer bonus dmg vs staffs 25%....decrease dagger dmg and increase splash dmg of r90....i think devs can doing that in 30 minuts....

19. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

Everybody cried for a longer TTK, then cried for changes that would make TTK shorter again because "wE wAnT mOrE sKiLlFuL cOmBaT"

20. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

Im for increase ttk everytime in every game! More fun! The problem in this game Is that melee delete every other spell,skill or combat style. It is unbalanced,i think that High damage melee have to be a class choice with some restriction because for now melee Will Always win expecially us vs eu.