Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

I feel like destroyers are too strong in 1v1's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrapnotcrap, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Pretty sure they were asking for longer TTK between mage vs mage mainly.

2. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

I mean its kinda like that now. Archery is crap, we dont use it to dps just to make a mage squirrel so we get within melee range. And believe me Im getting into melee range. I wouldnt even try to out dps a mage in water, its suicide. Why archery has an encumbrance is beyond me.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Slayven, Thrill Kill and Methodico like this.
  3. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

Full revert, add content, add arena, market the game. This shit ain’t rocket science.

Uncle Jo, Cyborg, Grimtide and 4 others like this.
  4. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Hey here's a way to increase TTK without fucking up combat.... Increase transfers by 1, increase witches brew and heal self by 2 and start there. If its needs to go more, do it again. Its not that fucking hard.....

5. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

It sure does get annoying when I call stuff out/ warn about things (and offer suggestions on how to preemptively fix them) YEARS ahead of time and have kids on these forums talk shit to me and claim IDK what I'm talking about.... only for them to EVENTUALLY realize I was absolutely right.

I usually don't even get the satisfaction of say saying I told you so because they all quit

Not necessarily talking about you BTW

6. Bug Eater

Bug Eater Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Schnid and quietnoobz like this.
  7. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

Schnid likes this.
  8. LegionXIX

LegionXIX Dire Zombie

I have to agree with this Not that my opinion matters ( and honestly i'm not the best pvper in the game by a long shot )
    but 1 v 1 even an ok destro can beat and good mage easily enough. There are just to many variables in a 1 v 1 what is required from a mage to deal the same dps as a destro with his 2 hander is a bit much don't miss any of your cc cause if they close that gap ouch.

Not to mention stating them is much harder cause mana means pretty much nothing.

I would hate to see a good destro out in the world i think i would i just Sit down.

you can bounce them around all day 2 swings of there sword and the fight is even again.

Pros to Destro
    Mage killer ( not even needed imo But why not )
    More damage to mage with staff out So having your staff out means death ( hard to fight as a mage with no staff )
    More damage period because of gear ( cant fight them head on cause they will out dps you )
    Rage ( this is like an oh shit button pop a heal with it and watch your health climb + it gives resistances if i'm not mistaken)
    10 Hot keys instead of 50
    Very difficult to stat in a fight because mana is pretty much a free bar
    all around easier play style ( maybe not for the Vets and pros so like 15 of you But the average player )
    Heavy gear Much better protection

Cons to Destro
    No CC
    No buffs ( thank god )
    expensive ( tho honestly I don't feel they are much more expensive as a mage i still need Infernal same melee weapons cobra staff ect.)

Pros to Mage
    CC
    Utility
    Buffs
    irrelevant to this convo but more fun to play IMO

I would say the pros out way any cons But feel free to add to either list if i missed anything.

I feel like im gonna get the response of get Good noob to this but is what it is.

9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Na man youre pretty spot on. Im just a believer of the rock paper scissor we used to have that all mmorpgs have. Destro is suppose to be the kryptonite to mages. Their literal existence is to combat magic users. The proplem is the hybrid(heavy as a destro with all the mage utility) is non existent now.

Im just a noob though. And this is just an opinion.

10. Methodico

Methodico Stormgraive

We play a game with no class but we have Two class but we ate class.... Welcome to darkfall!

11. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

[​IMG]

Methodico likes this.