Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

I got my pal to try DF.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shieldbreaker, Aug 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

this aint dfo

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

so edgy

3. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

Sieges and grinding are the only real content atm, and sieges are entirely player based so if the community is sitting with their thumb up their ass (which they usually are) then that takes out 90%+ of the fun content.

Figuring out why more people don't siege is pretty important. You all already know what I think it is.

4. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

They never should have allowed smaller elite clans to take as many holdings as they could.

This pushed out players who weren’t as organized or weren’t as good at pvp ie: casuals.

Then more casuals were pushed out because now those elite clans owned the entire map and were everywhere at any time farming these casuals while they weee trying to farm mobs.

There should have been some steep upkeep on holdings so clans could only hold a few and they could make loose alliances with their neighbors or have wars with them.

Then the casuals would know not to go near holding x because clan y owned it and they were hard bangers and clan z who were also bangers would know where to look for the hard fights.

When you siege an entire clans holdings that they worked hard to build up and take it away just because you can, and that happens multiple times to some clans they all end up falling apart.

Then the elite clans fall apart to infighting since there’s no one left to kill.

I can’t beat this horse anymore, it’s been dead too long. It’s so obvious what needs to be done that it blows my mind that they’d rather watch this game that they payed for the license burn to the ground instead of fix it.

5. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Should of never put markets in all the holdings.. there is little to no reason to be in captial cities.. being the only place to get market access would of made them very active. If I could choose to revert something It would be that + billboards only in capitals.. I mean how much more convenience do you really need?

edit: Idk if they fixed it yet.. but I mean.. buying siege equipment off the market in an enemy holding.. I mean come on guys.

The Red King, Sero and Inkarnation like this.
  6. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

That last part there is kind of the issue though I think, they aren't exactly looking for hard fights they are looking for guaranteed wins so they can pat each other on the back and strut around with their chest out.

There are a few who actually do want hard fights, but they are the exception and not the majority of elite players. So if they know "clan x lives over here, there are a lot of them and they are easy to kill, and clan z lives other there but they might kick my ass even in a 1v1...that'd be embarrassing...so im going to clan x territory instead" sorta deal. I don't really see how BPG can fix this, the only solution I see is for non-elite players to fully embrace the zerg. Know what happens when an elite clan is in trouble? They team up with other elite clans...non-elite clans just need to start doing the same, even if they have to create a zerg.

The root of the issue imo is there is a stigma against being in a zerg to kill much stronger players but there is no stigma at all for being in an elite clan specifically to target weaker players. This deluded mentality needs to be completely reversed.

streaml1ne likes this.
  7. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Ya I think only small clans should be able to have hamlets to

8. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

GOOD THING THEY DID THE COBMAT REVERT. SAVED THE GAME THERE BOYS, WHEW, CLOSE ONE.

9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea. Damn Blackwater elitests owning the entire map! Lelelelelelelelelelelel.

It is so extremely ironic that a shit tier zerg alliance tried doing your "siege because they can" to our smaller 15 active 20-25 siege force clan, dropped us down to 4 hamlets, and we came back to peak at 23 holdings and built 2 wonders before we got bored.

It's almost like you guys don't have a clue whats actually wrong with the game.

Protip: If people are quitting Darkfall because they're getting PVP and dying... Darkfall IS NOT for them.

I'm all for upkeep on holdings by the way... TCS, safe zones/high-med-low-null sec styled layout... just as much as I am for capping clans at 50-75 members to remove zerg and alt abuse.
    --- Post updated ---
    Lololololololol, this is hands down the DUMBEST thing with the game atm. I've done it so many times, and think to myself: "why the fuck am I actually able to do this?" lolololololol.

Markets/Billboards should have been buildable/destructible. They both should have been expensive, and had the same amount of health as a guard tower or keep, and they both should have been on the same designation as the bank in terms of who could access it.

Quite absurd.

#29 Sero, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  10. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Wildtribe Mage

I am agreeing wholeheartedly with Sero on something.
    Hell might be freezing over.

M ~

Chantree likes this.
  11. Dixie Normus

Legend

Darkfall seems to be for <100 people then.

You’re right, enjoy your game.

Chantree likes this.
  12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Oh yea, people aren't playing right now because there is TOO much pvp. upload_2019-8-9_19-11-36.png

This is a conquest game, and you're complaining that people quit because they lost a fight or holding? How about the fact that holdings were practically WORTHLESS for MONTHS because of runebooks?

Where were the noobs when they could bind out of sanguine and port anywhere on the map within a rune timer and farm anything they wanted? Let me guess: tHe vEts cOulD dO thAt and FarM thEm toO!

Well how about at launch when we were above 2000 population and fast travel was practically null? When having more than 1 holding and splitting up your clan literally made it harder to maintain the clan because they were so split up players couldn't aid each other? Did their neighbours farm them to extinction then too? Get the picture yet? It doesn't matter what you do to help them, if a shit tier player is a shit tier player, he will be killed and farmed regardless of how the game is structured outside of safe zones. IE: Darkfall isn't for cry babies, give em a safe zone so they can play pattycake in harmony with the thrilling content the game provides: Killing hill giant clobberers. Very thrilling...

The problem with the audience you're talking about is they want to be able to kill everything and everyone just like the people that farm them, but they just want it to happen for them. The game isn't worth getting into to be able to do it, so they quit and move onto something more entertaining.

How bout the fact that were still waiting on content though? Champs iirc were the last content patch, and those were farmed to near extinction. There isn't much left to do in this game anymore bud. It's still pretty much the samething as 10 years ago, some QoL additions and some champion monsters, and oh yea, you can max out in a week, leaving you to do what exactly? pvp and farm mobs... so you can pvp some more.

People aren't playing because they've already done it all and the NPE is dogass: there's no way for a new player to learn how to play the game outside of veteran care.

PS: 60,000 people average rust daily. Where are the people quitting and crying because they lost their shit over there?

Attached Files:

13. Dixie Normus

Legend

Good luck man. Wish you the best.

14. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

They’re not playing an MMO. They have different expectations and can jump to a different server to start over, and do so frequently. You can’t compare the two. Different leveling times, different crafting, smaller worlds, the only thing they share is pvp and loot. That's it. Everything else is more relate-able to WoW than Rust.

People want to know what our direction is?
    We are working on different areas with different levels of safety so people can ease their way in to the game without losing everything at every turn. Everyone will start in the same area so new players are always together. I said from the very beginning that pvp is already here we just need more pve to keep people engaged. We are still working on pvp related activities, like tcs, but PvE centered activities to keep people busy in the world will drive open world pvp better than anything and we're going to focus heavily on those. Dyes will be out in the coming weeks and we have something cooking that should be ready very shortly after. During this time we'll have more updates to the clan window and TCS will begin internal testing shortly after the new pve oriented changes.

We'll start teasing the dye system next week followed by an announcement for the other item the week after. The lawful changes should be expected in the next 2-3 weeks as well. Expect to see more teasers of the TCS implementation and more discussion on it starting next month.

Before anyone complains that this shouldn't be posted in some random thread I'll word it better and make a post tomorrow.

Marxman and KingLlama like this.
  15. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

It still plays out the same. People are willing to lose everything in Rust and start over, but not in Darkfall? Simply over expectations? Heh idk about that.

ROA plays closer to Rust than it does WoW at the moment by the way, just on a grander scale and less free build.

16. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

Hope you guys realize at some point you guys are going to have to actually add something to the game or the game won't last. Are you guys actually working on anything? How have 6 months past and we are moving relatively nowhere? No one cares about teasers for things that were announced 2+ years ago, just get them out. This is some kind of sick joke, you guys can't be serious. I love the game and have respect for you guys for still trying, but be honest, if you keep it up at this pace with the current population and current changes... where are you going to get? The patches you guys have put out over the past year are mostly just small hotfixes, xml changes, copy pastes from pre existing content, small number tweaks, and modifying existing content. People need stuff to do, but the shit you are giving them to do isn't sustainable. Very few people are going to log in and go kill 400 hooded ones for some task, its fine to add them in if its some filler stuff but you can't be serious if thats the entire patch....

Don't bullshit me with some stupid shit either saying this is toxic or that tons of people love all of the tasks and the past year worth of patches you guys are doing. Go through and look at the patch notes for the past year.... Be real for one second, take a step back and look at the state of the game and start actively working on stuff rather than procrastinating and flip flopping between 20 different projects. TC should have been out over two years ago. Dyes should have been out over a year ago.

Get real.

17. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

When you start a topic with “don’t tell me I’m being toxic”. ... well.

I just posted about content. Get real.

Squanto likes this.
  18. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

Yeah, keep doing what your doing. Looks like its really working. Thanks for keeping it real brother, i'll keep holding your beer.

Methodico likes this.
  19. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

But your only thinking about combat and character control. It’s an mmorpg. Players coming in have a very different expectation to the rest of it. In order to compare to rust we would remove 99% of the world and features. It doesn’t play out the same at all.

20. Rune_Dragoon

Rune_Dragoon Goblin Scout

I think this game would do well if rare weapon and armor drops came from mobs instead of everything being crafted, like in runescape. It would get people out into the world.

The Red King likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.