Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

I got my pal to try DF.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shieldbreaker, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

https://www.youtube.com/handmadehero

If the BPG devs need any free and knowledgeable help! It's not like Casey implements features that would take you guys months to do in about 4 hours or anything!

@kilrain Unrelated(psyche - totally related), I logged in for the first time in a while today and was literally tilted within 30 seconds by the half-assed changes.

1.) Who thought it'd be a good idea to not anchor text(Village counter, etc) as the values changed?
    2.) Who thought it would be fine to break font rendering - specifically the chat text input..... Plenty of other problems all around because whoever did it obviously doesn't fucking care about typography or fully visible text.
    3.) WHO IN GODS NAME PICKED THAT FONT? LOL

Featherbeans likes this.
  2. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

I'm not though... thats what im getting at.

RoA is currently in a state of farm gear bag for PVP, the same as rust is, farm an AK and go blow some heads off.

The grind is practically null, the same length as acquiring BPs and base building in Rust and after that, there isnt much to do but farm gearbags and duke it out. Some tasks for a title, and 120 stats?

I understand you (and me) want the game to feel more like a standard MMORPG, but it just isnt there.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sique likes this.
  3. Methodico

Methodico Stormgraive

Yes and maybe we can buy armors and weapons from market without spend 100k for a full plate set :D
    --- Post updated ---
    The problem in darkfall Is not full loot but the tedious mechanics, Rust like all FPS game have maybe 5 extra keys besides movment keys, so After some minutes you know how to play and you have only to farm for pvp. In darkfall you spend some days to make bindings then you lose One year to Remember and understand your bindings. Remember First days when everyone have fun because the combat was basic and ttk longer, infact UW make good things about that. Someone Say in Word of Warcraft you have many binds and people Play It, but they forget that wow have a target based combat...

4. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Everyone wants or expects it to and that's really the point I'm trying to make. When you pick up a survival game you know what you're getting into if you've ever played one. When you pick up a shooter or a strategy game you know. When you see an MMORPG you have certain expectations. I remember playing APB back when DFO was running trying to get some of my friends on there to try it out and they wouldn't just because it was an MMORPG, no matter how much I told them it was different. Of course the most common players I could get to try it were MMO players and they didn't want to either because of the PVP or Full Loot. Can't win :p

5. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

You know how you fix that? Make an arena for 1v1 2v2 Xvx and show them how amazing the combat is by showcasing everyone streaming the game.

Must have practice / full loot / and just wager options

6. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

The last failed iteration of DF had an arena. People streamed it posted videos but, it did nothing to increase the population. In fact for me it was the reason I ultimately quit UW. Login in each night to find most of the clan or the high tier clan members all in the arena. The clan PvE events diminished the clan/alliance became less active because the leadership/higher tier plays (the glue of clans/alliances so to speak) were in Sanguine instead of the open world. Arenas are not the panacea you seek. It's a fix for your boredom or apathy for the rest of the game. It is like shooting heroine, a short term rush that serves peoples egos. It was more of a detriment than a benefit.

7. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

So maybe fix both? TCS for the big clans and dueling for the bored people who only want to pvp?

8. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

Have you heard of Vaporware?

Battle Smurf likes this.
  9. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

I really don't subscribe to the idea that adding content will hurt the game. I played WoW for years and my love for that games arena system didn't stop me from raiding, bging, world pvping, or from doing any other form of content. If people ONLY play arena then thats on the devs to make other forms of content engaging.

Just look at the agon metrics, there is hardly any natural pvp taking place out in the world. Just give players who enjoy the PvP/combat aspect of the game something to do besides organize duels in their capital.

#49 Brando Pando, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    MaxiHori and The Red King like this.
  10. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Or maybe they should stop focusing on pvp.

Stop changing pvp.

Stop adding reasons for pvp.

Stop forcing pvp.

Completely ignore pvp in all its forms and make it so people will want to do other shit besides pvp.

Then maybe a population would return and then magically pvp would just happen.

Or we can fuck with pvp for another year then revert.

Wipe this fucking game to beta and start over.

race wars and character identity are REASONS for pvp.

Why do you think kids fought so hard for a rppvp server for classic.

More posts in that one thread than there are on these forums in a year.

rats, Thrill Kill and Battle Smurf like this.
  11. Azdul

Azdul New Member
    Supporter

I agree. Some kind of faction / race conflict are the reason why new players stick with PvP MMOs.

Let's say you don't have end-game char, or great gear, or veteran friends, or even PvP experience - you still can take part in group fight in which your side can sometimes win. And you'll get to know other players, both allies and enemies and learn something from them.

Without races / factions really good PvP-ers will never willingly fight on the same side as new (or bad) players. In consequence, newbies / baddies shy away from PvP, and usually quit before they'll get better.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  12. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Oh yea... I can't wait for Darkfall to go full themepark, that will be so much fun /eyeroll.

Have you ever been in a siege, or led a siege? Do you know how much organization, coordination and effort it takes? No one is going to be sticking around so they can join up with a bunch of randos to go suicide a bag with an unorganized mess into another unorganized mess.
    --- Post updated ---
    Lmfao.

Classic is a themepark MMO where sides are dictated by the game, with no land/holding/asset ownership and no full loot, where every loss means nothing, and every win means nothing.

The only thing left to do is play pretend.

This is a full loot game where everytime you lose, ontop of losing the fight you lose the time spent acquiring your equipment. Of course good players/vets don't want to be surrounded by noobs, why you think this would be any different if your team was forced is beyond me, especially with how easy it is create an alt/reroll in this game.

I laugh everytime someone mentions "factions" or "race" conflict. Replace "faction" with clan. Your clan is your faction, the holdings are the battleground

#52 Sero, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  13. Dixie Normus

Legend

And that’s why the game will go under.

They cannot sustain this game on the same toxic handful of people who are left playing this game.

You can rant and rave and insult all you want.

Either they change it or the game dies.

The original vision for darkfall is nothing like what it became or the meta you all like to chase.

The longer the game was out the more meta it became, the more subs it hemorrhaged.

You can argue and tell me all the reasons you think people quit instead and la dee fucking da.

The only people who care who the best people in pvp are are like the 30 Autists left.

They should honestly ip ban all of you as you are the worst thing that’s ever happened to any iteration of darkfall.

Not going to bother arguing with you on a dead games forum though, even though it seems it’s all you have left.

I’ll be busy playing games with population.

14. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

How disillusioned can you get?

Hey...

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSST. IS ALBION FORCED FACTION?

CLUELESS.

You're legit CryGaul 2.0, like holy crap, back to reality please.

15. Dixie Normus

Legend

Lol

Here we go with the full on autism again.

Albion is a completely different game.

Also has tiered areas where autists like yourself cannot pick on poor noobies.

It allows them to join in the fight at their pace instead of fighting and dying just trying to level their character and learn the game.

It also has crazy shit like localized banking and can be played on a fucking tablet. Accessible much?

Grow up bud you have to be like 30 by now right? Start acting like it.

16. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

KNOCK KNOCK. REALITY CHECK.

https://forums.riseofagon.com/threads/discussion-lawful-pvp-full-loot.19449/page-9#post-293026

That moment when you realize you're the ignorant toxic moron that makes the game look bad by spouting absolute fictional nonsense. Please do go on about how Albion is a completely different game but were suppose to follow game design proposed by the most non-full loot, themepark, carebear shitshow MMORPG that ruined an entire genre for fucking years.

#56 Sero, Aug 12, 2019
  17. Dixie Normus

Legend

Change your font size a few more times bud.

It makes you look intelligent and correct.

I would hate to be anyone who has to deal with you irl. You literally sweat derision on anyone who has differing opinions than you.

You are a sad sad man. Do you think the way you argue and post here (against everyone) makes you look good at all?

Other than your little echo chamber it really is embarrassing to read.

If the game is like I’ve outlined in numerous threads , you may not be here but many others would.

You wanted your own little sandbox, you should have bought the license.

I guess it’s up to @Andrew what he is going to do. Nothing you or I say will change that.

But please , keep insulting away. Like I said it makes you look smarter than me.

Thrill Kill and Battle Smurf like this.
  18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Are you capable of reading? Do you have any form of self-awareness? Or are you legit a bot?

Here, let's break it down for you:

You said:
    So you want us to follow a design by Classic WoW, where LOADS people begged for an RP-PVP server so they can RP their fantasy away in a themepark dictated horde VS alliance battle correct? So here you think completely overhauling this game to support that is a feasible solution when BPG have yet to add their previous idea: TCS. (insert thumbs up here)

Me, calling you out on your terrible idea:
    You respond with this highly toxic and disillusioned mythical characterization of me AND the game:

Me noticing you actually might be the autist who is incapable of self-awareness, I give you an example of a full-drop (practically the same as full loot) game that has almost the same basic concepts as Darkfall:

You, with more delusional caricatures:

Like holy hell, you just called Albion, a legit Sandbox MMORPG, a different a game than Darkfall, but you just stated you want to follow game design behind a game that is ACTUALLY different: Classic World of Warcraft? Like... fucking... HELLO?

Me, showing you current discussions of the game, how its looking to structure itself more like Albion to allow for better new player retention, while simultaneously showing you written proof that your description of me as an "autist who wants to pick on poor noobies" is a figment of your imagination:

You suffering from either:

A. The inability to read at a 5th grade level.
    B. Cognitive Dissonance.

And now we've arrived.

Its not that you have a different opinion of me. Its that your opinion is so offbase it can be classified as stupid.

Make no mistake, I'm not here to look good. What I do here is a work of art that only a few can enjoy. I take a very deep sadistic pleasure in showing people how stupid they are when they choose to remain ignorant. I mean holy shit, you just suggested for Darkfall to follow World of Warcraft game design while simultaneously rejecting Albion's by saying its a completely different game in the same thread. Like, fucking... Hello?

PS: Dealing with me IRL is quite pleasant actually. I can get along with practically anyone, but its all fake. It's pretty sociopathic honestly.

Here is some more factual evidence that you have a disillusioned view of me, the game, the veteran population. Enjoy some more cognitive dissonance Crygaul2.0.

Sincerely, Every "toxic", "elitest", noob griefing, goblin spawn Camping vet ever.

https://forums.riseofagon.com/threads/blue-zone-red-zone-implementation.13874/

upload_2019-8-12_17-50-27.png

Back when threads like this were popping up btw (actual topics by new players and not the same jargon spewed by disillusioned vets): https://forums.riseofagon.com/threads/what-do-higher-levels-get-from-killing-lowbies.13895/

Attached Files:

#58 Sero, Aug 12, 2019
  19. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Gravelord

I don't see what's wrong in taking inspirations from other games when the current idea clearly isn't working.

@Sero you are suggesting an additional form of noob protection on top of hit protection, is that really enough to make the game populated once again?

I think BGP should choose for once what's their target audience, I can see a potential casual-pvp population with people like me that would like an arena but I don't think they realize how dev-expensive would that be.

Everything needed to bring me back would be removal of enchanting and the old village system with multiple teleports (which would equal to an arena to me) and can be done in a single day.

I understand it's not a popular opinion but I can't see any other suggestion other than a vague "more content" and without a specific timeline.
    What do you think it could be done in a month that would bring the game populated once again?

And on a more serious note, since it's hard to change mindsets as you can see from everyone in this forum, and the people who made the wrong decisions are still the ones in charge, why would anyone expect any different results?

Methodico likes this.
  20. Dixie Normus

Legend

Lmao you infer way too much and put a lot of words in my mouth.

Also you care way too much about this period. This alone shows some kind of mental disorder not to mention going through all these posts in a deluded attempt to prove yourself “righter” than me.

Where the fuck do you get off telling anyone their opinion is wrong or invalid?

Go ahead though keep quoting posts, changing fonts, and laughing at your own jokes.

Breakdown everything I say. Hell, call a psychologist and get them to somehow link what I said to an Oedipus complex or something if that’s what gets your rocks off.

Here’s one tidbit for you: the game your way will never have a sustainable future And any new players that do join will not stay.

I’ll check back in a year and see if I was wrong.

8-12-19. See u 8-12-20

Tcs? What a joke. There’s literally 2 clans duking it out.

Congrats, your winning personality has convinced me to leave the forums again.

@bpg these are the kids you are catering to and wonder why pop is at an all time low.