Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

I got my pal to try DF.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shieldbreaker, Aug 1, 2019.

1. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Gravelord

What to do and how many dev-hours it will take, without these info you are just daydreaming.
    Can't expect 2 part-time dev to deliver any real content.

and stop with this arena nonsense, it will never happen, just directly ask killrain how long would it take to implement a proper arena system.

2. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Does my name have "Lead Developer" right next to it? I put in way more time and effort on these forums than it deserves already.

You literally want the game to take away enchanting because you think its going to fix everything. Give me a break bud.
    --- Post updated ---
    Here's a good piece of content: An Arena.

I suggested it back in beta and it was shotdown by tons of people. Where are they now? Most have quit, some still parade around the forums and want an arena.

It's really not that hard to think of things to do...

Brand New Streamer: "Yea me and the fam are guna spend the weekend questing"
    - I literally scoffed out loud when I saw this on stream. This game barely has any quests, and the ones it does have are practically meaningless outside of the stat titles.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Gravelord

ask killrain how long would it take to implement an arena and you will realize why it is not a good piece of content.

4. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

So your argument is, because it will take time, we shouldnt do it? HELLO?
    So were expected to sit around here in this broken game and keep breaking and fixing the things we break forever?

You scream, "instant-gratification."

Rome wasnt built in a day.
    A rushed game is forever bad, but a delayed game is eventually good.
    Insert patience quote here.

5. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Gravelord

baby steps, small dev cycle with small effective features rather than huge long terms plans.

It was build one stone at a time, not froze in place for a year and appeared out of nowhere

Methodico likes this.
  6. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Lol, oh boy. What is a "small effective feature?" Taking away enchanting because you said you'll resub? lolololololol.

7. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Gravelord

I suggested many, like for example copy/paste from another craft skill and just directly craft enchanted stone. That would at least improve the enchanting crafting part.
    But yes, 1 of the requirement in my mind is to remove enchanting, it's not content, it's an additional requirement, more tedium.
    Like forcing people to kill 1000 mobs instead of 100, it does not make the game 10 times better, just 10 times more boring

Methodico likes this.
  8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Lolololololololol. People literally have nothing left to do in this game because they've done it all and you're suggesting to take away parts of the game to leave even less for other people.

First, it's not a requirement, git gud kid.
    Second, just because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean others dont.
    Third, people warned, a long time ago, that lopping off most of the grind would lead to a rushed endgame phase and boredom of its players, leaving 0 development breathing space, and leaving the players bored with nothing left to progress in and achieve in the game. People complain there isnt enough grind right now because they gave into the stupid instant gratification crowd, and now look at where were at.

You're legit clueless bud. You don't want to play an MMORPG.

#88 Sero, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  9. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Gravelord

I'm still playing dark age of camelot and I already done it all multiple times, 1,5k players: https://playphoenix.online/

add back the "progress" and it will became what was before the pivotal moment, DEAD.
    this game is not casual friendly, "istant gratification crowd" has only been listened once (pivotal moment), and that time it worked.

10. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

It worked so well they're all still here having so much fun amiright!? lololololololololol. Oh wait... they all got bored because there is NOTHING LEFT TO DO.

Instant gratification kids shouldnt be playing MMORPGs. WoW has been catering to that crowd for years and they've been hemmorraging subs and players so bad they've resorted to releasing an OLDER version of their game lolololololol. And thats a company with millions backing it. Why do you think BPG should cater to the same instant gratification crowd in a Full Loot, Conquest, Sandbox MMORPG?

11. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Gravelord

kind of pointless to keep going on, it doesn't seems that we will ever found a common ground.
    It isn't casual friendly and casuals will never play this game as it is, if you are gonna go with different type of population, the so called "mmorpg" people that you are referring to idk, I'm not one of them anymore and I doubt they still exists.
    I stated what would bring me back, don't know about others.

12. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Well bud. If they're going for another crowd other than the MMORPG one, they probably shouldn't have chosen to make an MMORPG. /facepalm.

13. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Gravelord

that's why I written mmorpg between quotes, t doesn't have to be a tedius fest to be considered a mmorpg, dark age of camelot is a mmorpg too..

14. Bakken

Bakken Goblin Scout

I hate to agree with Sero but without enchanting no one would touch over 90% of the mobs. If you exclude PvP enchanting is most of darkfalls content. As someone who doesn't want to duel all day everyday and actually enjoys some PvE what the hell else would I do in game?

15. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Gravelord

No idea, I'm only interested in darkfall pvp, I play final fantasy for pve. I presume you could do some treasure maps, but got no answer to that. What I know is atm no one is happy and providing pve content requires much more effort than to please the pvp pop.
    I suggest to focus on casual pvp first and delay pve and progression to a later date, I think it would be more efficient population wise.

Methodico likes this.
  16. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Nothing is stopping anyone from casual pvp. You suggested to sell q3 bags for a dollar (fucking omegalul btw) when you can already buy shit on the shop and sell it for in game gold to buy what you want off the market.

Or you can stop begging everyone to be dropped down to your level of no effort so you can have a nice fairfight between 2 bone set blackbolt mages (also omegalul). Maybe then you'll understand that 2 "casuals" in bone sets (as long as they arent braindead) can kill 1 vet in a q4/q5 bag, ez, which is pretty much what this game has degraded too.

Slayven likes this.
  17. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

sero just summer breaking all over these kids

18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Dumbshit Actiblizzard launches classic a week before school starts back up... Can you believe that shit?

19. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Star Citizen wants to know your location
    It's intentional and for the benefit of original WoW players like mys who are all now 30+

They're keeping all the new/ young frogs from hammering the login servers, less ques.

20. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Gravelord

except game is not casual friendly. You could do many things, I won't, it's tedius => not casual. Can I login and have fun in the first hour? no? gonna play siege instead.