Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

I got my pal to try DF.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shieldbreaker, Aug 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

Roa' s players are df1 players,new players go away because of tedious mechanics. And we Need pop, i prefere to semplify the game and have a full world. They keep enchanting not because Is a cool and fun content but because It Is the only content, and i dont like.

2. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

I don’t think tedium is whats turning away new players, its a huge mix of factors.
    • Very few new players trying the game
    • Dated graphics/sound
    • Dead starter zones
    • Very poor new player experience
    • No direction
    • Poor means for socializing/meeting other players.
    • No clear objectives/goals
    • Hardly any resources to learn about the game
    I had a couple friends try the game, they did what I told them (tasks, stats to 100, level magic) but they had no idea what they were working towards, got bored and quit after a few days.

This isn’t even addressing the fact that the game is basically a private server at this point. You can get 110 stats/100 magic and a fair amount of bank in like a week of playing. After that legit the only thing to do in the game are champs and pvp. I was 100% for the removal of the grind, but looking back it was much better. Grind should have been streamlined a little bit and instead the focus should have been on creating incentives to get maxed.

Also I see a whole lot of cry babys saying that arena is a bad idea, yet none of them can think of a realistic form of content that could bring in players.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  3. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

bpg aren't making money anymore, they've waited to long to add any meaningful changes to the game that there's no real chance of them being able to do something to increase population before they can't support the game anymore.

just being realistic, darkfall's in the worst state it's ever been in, and i'm not talking about the actual game itself.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Battle Smurf, MaxiHori and Slayven like this.
  4. CreZee

CreZee Wildtribe Mage
    Loyal Supporter

I would say the biggest problem with Rise of Agon is the lack of competence from the developers to develop and maintain a video game. No one wants to invest in a game that promises X,Y, and Z and instead of following through, 3 years later we get a combat revert patch.
    Not saying they didn’t do a couple of good things like champion mobs and the marketplace. But they fiddled their diddlesticks too long doing literally nothing of value and destroyed any interest or hope for this game.

5. KingLlama

KingLlama Infernal
    Supporter Lifetime

Things are coming. We are pushing hard behind the scenes. Robes are finish being painted, Dyes are in the pipeline as you can see in the spoilers on discord. I know it seems we as a team are not doing much but you have to really put yourself in the shoes of what the main developers are working with. The game has been up because of the devs and the players. Normally a team for massive multiplayers have at least 20 that are full time......we might have 2-3 or which are the main developers.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Methodico, Billy Lee and Zeb like this.
  6. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

You login. And you play this Sandbox PVP-Based MMORPG, casually as fuck.

Sounds casual to me.
    --- Post updated ---
    Calling it now... [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  7. Degamra

Degamra Earth Elemental
    Hero

Not to discredit the work of the Dev team, but dyes arent going to gauge anyone es interest in playing the game again. The order in which you guys choose to develop patches is beyond questionable. Logically, fluff patches should be added in between content patches just to give the appearance that your patching regularly. For example, u guys added all those new colorful materials, but then failed to deliver on the new robes for so long people dont even care anymore. Questionable directional shot calling.

8. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

Thanks for your work!!!! But idk if this will bring back players :(

KingLlama and Sero like this.
  9. billysunday

billysunday Skeleton Archer
    Legend

I have also tried and failed to get RL friends into darkfall. it doesnt make sense to me based on the kind of games my friends loved in the past. like PVP servers of EQ camelot swg eq2 Wow vanguardsoh gw gw 2( so i know they like ganking and the potential to be ganked in an open world with little or no instancing in a game with dated shitty graphics) , and nearly every FPS there is , like Tribes fortnite battlefield , planetside quake halo TFclassic TF 2 i could list forever... So i know they love the teamwork and calling out targets like we do in our seiges...

So darkfall SHOULD be a no brainer... our friends SHOULD love this shit like we do/did. i know im not going to say anything that has not been said before. like the fact that the MMORPG crowd probably is turned off by the empty feel of the world and lack of...ill just call it player diversity. and the FPS crowd doesnt like all the down time between fights when they can get instant fights in other games.

So like can we focus on pandering to atleast one of these two types of player? like get the FPS crowd what they want with instant que fighting or what the MMORPG crowd wants by fixing the empty feeling world making it more like a real and complete MMORPG with more NPCs that DO things ? you know like walk around and talk to each other. add factions and guards in towns like everquest. npcs out in the world fighting eachother and stuff... you know VERY BASIC ass stuff that adventurine should have put in to begin with. like everquest was a VERY basic ass game, so its features {if you can even call them that} should be the start of ANY game that wants to call itself an MMORPG. then build up from there.

Its nice that armor dyes and new robes are coming. but is that going to make an empty world full or make pvp on demand??? you know...the 2 things people have been griping about since before bpg was a thing

10. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

No it doesnt ... And this is a large reason why most of the playerbase does not understand the true cause and effect nature of this game ... Why dont u just compare df to minecraft while your at it .. This game is a completely different social, psychological, and more importantly the time investment is pretty much off the charts.

MaxiHori likes this.
  11. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

????

Whens the last time you played this game? In its current state, it plays a lot more closer to Rust than WoW.

Its a rush to pvp viability accompanied by harvesting materials for equipment to kill each other.

There is practically no filler beyond this except for duels.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  12. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

I'm sorry man I should have specified I am not talking about character skill I am talking about player skill that has to be developed and understood in a very hostile environment that includes full loot as a vet many things are taken for granted you already understand the skills how they work the principle of squirreling twitch aim utilizing what skills when and why let's not forget about the concept of combat awareness all these things have to be learned under duress in a vet infested population this is not catering to new players in any way shape or form it's a matter of fact I just showed I believe it was one of your videos to someone and his response was how do you even know what the fuck is going on and I laughed

13. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Yea theres learning curves to every game, Darkfall being the glorious shitshow that it is, seems to be a lot harder than most.

So in a sense, it's closer to rust, but instead of everyone being able to practically instantly kill anyone, you're thrown into a Diamond ELO match as a bronze.

The player skill has always been the real grind of darkfall, but that doesn't entice but a select few. Thisis why I so desperately wanted to keep the grind like it was a launch, so a new player doesn't rush to the end game and get shit canned, and can learn the game as he levels.

JasperHawkins likes this.
  14. Void

Void Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Legend

WTB darkfall vanilla

Zuul Ghat, Battle Smurf and Methodico like this.
  15. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

Waste of money.

16. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Spellgazer
    Tester

holy fuck dyes are gonna be ass

Battle Smurf likes this.
  17. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Infernal
    Loyal Legend

this is the best and most powerful commentary on the game i have ever seen

Slayven, MaxiHori and Methodico like this.
  18. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

They asked we spoke of diversity..we got dyes and armors..how this equates to diversity and different play-styles is beyond me. Meaningful factions territory control and diversity in char progression and specs..
    They heard robes and dyes and getting jumped at 1/4 life trying to get said items for their robes and dyes is considered content I guess.
    Thing is ultima worked like this because you knew you were getting jumped by actually seeing the other player enter your screen. It had greater heal that healed you and you were down 13 mana to enter the fight of getting jumped..anyone entering this game said they will not stay with type of rule setting..12 on 40+?? Gg
    Murderers were not even allowed to enter towns to buy reagents..but explaining any type of proper alignment systems and diversity issues is like talking to to children now that have thrown them selves on the ground.
    Enjoy ur maces and tasks..
    Shrugs

#118 Slayven, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Dixie Normus likes this.
  19. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached Files:

Slayven likes this.
  20. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Whats the status of Ember Wars and Territory Control? :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, when can we use the rare leather and cloth I've been collecting for months?

I too tried to bring a RL friend into the game. I set him up with everything and he played for about 30 hours, but his biggest complaint was that there were too many controls(bindings/spells/skills) and everything seemed so clunky.

Johhny Mad Dog and Sero like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.