Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

I have rejoined BPG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy Lee, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

For those that don't know, my previous roles on the team were quality assurance, writing lore and working on game design, such as the chaos chest rework, lottery ticket, relics, and many others. I was not a traditional dev, more of a small timer trying to improve the game in any way I could. I have decided to resume my work on Team B, although likely in a smaller capacity, we'll see.

As many have inquired about the lore, my plan was to introduce lore pages which will be placed all over Agon for players to find, as well as lore books, which are more lengthy on average and would become monster loot and potentially found in other ways as well. From what I understand, this is on the backburner for some time, but that's okay because it gives me more time to complete my work. My brother, Jimmy Lee, has also rejoined and he will be mostly working on lore as well as potentially some other things.

Prior to RoA I suffered an arm injury and resultantly I have not been able to handle the strain of dueling, sieges, or any kind of regular pvp without overexerting myself. This is obviously very unfortunate because, like many of you, combat is one of the big draws for me. Despite that, I am a very avid pve player and as that is where the bulk of my playtime lies these days, that is primarily what I will be aiming to enhance. I hope that I can maintain a respectable workflow and that you will find my contributions enjoyable. I will likely reveal some of my plans once I've had time to communicate more with BPG.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

would be cool if you could put those lore books in your bookshelf in your house.

#thelittlethings

rats, Fengor and Billy Lee like this.
  3. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

That would be really cool. It would be really neat if there was eventually a large number of them out in the world so collectors could try to find the ones they want. My plan for those is to complete the rest of the lore pages with Jimmy's help and then shift our focus to lore books, which are a lot more time consuming to complete. When it's all said any done there will be a lot of lore pages in every major region.

Korag and propain like this.
  4. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

Chaos chest update was awesome! Happy to have you and your brother back. Now we need to get Wes back!

Hope your arm gets better soon <3!

Billy Lee likes this.
  5. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

Thanks, man <3 My arm has been improving really slowly but I'm happy with the progress, I'm able to actually do more stuff now unlike before :) I have been trying to get Wes back playing for a while, he'll break down eventually :D Glad you liked the chaos chest update, I actually found two today within the span of 30 minutes.

6. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

1st off congrats again. Not to rain on your parade, but i feel like lore is just another thing that time is being wasted on when more important things could be done. I mean sure there might be a dozen people that might care about it, but the majority of people aren't going to be going out looking for them or farming for said books.

Honestly if i got some kinda lore as loot, i would check the auction house to see what its worth and then probably trash it.

MaxiHori and Bonii like this.
  7. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

That's the beauty of lore, you can enjoy it or ignore it and it doesn't matter either way, but as long as there are people that do enjoy it, it enhances the game. As for the time investment being a waste, I am not a programmer so it's not like I'm slacking on something more important, it's true that at some point a real dev will be needed to do the coding but I do think it will be worthy because the game could use more fluff. Also, I assume that the bulk of the work is the writing, not the coding, so I doubt this would be a dev heavy endeavor.

I don't expect the majority of players to go hunting for lore but finding it along the way would be better than nothing, like all those cool areas in the world that you would expect to find something fun but they're empty or maybe there is a treasure chest or something, there really should be a reward for exploration. Also, some of the lore is hidden in secret locations or requires the skillful use of movement abilities to reach, so it can be like a minigame of sorts as well. Lastly, don't forget that some people like to collect random stuff that you might personally consider to be complete junk. For example, some leenspar golem toys went for around 400k, so perhaps more coveted lore books will be quite valuable, and that is fascinating to me because to one player these things are irrelevant but to another they are priceless, and the first player can profit handsomely despite their lack of interest.

propain likes this.
  8. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

Oh so you were the guy working on relics... that explains a lot..

9. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Spellgazer
    Legend

No, we really don't need Wes back. He used his privileges to gain inside info on upcoming patches and then profit on the market... How is someone like that good for the game?

Sero likes this.
  10. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

welcome back

theres something to do:
    https://forums.riseofagon.com/threa...e-rocks-root-random-spawns.18998/#post-281267

Fengor, Billy Lee and Kantor like this.
  11. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

Did he? I didn’t even notice. He made awesome videos and brought me in to the game could careless if he tried to manipulate the market.
    Edit: Not to mention great ideas. And he actually plays the game actively unlike the majority of our paid devs os he's always been in touch with the community.

#11 Kantor, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Isaac Clarke and Billy Lee like this.
  12. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

i remember he selling tons of ashes per 5 gold 1 day before the price changes.

CaptainAmerica and Sero like this.
  13. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Congrats. Hope to see more tasks in the future.

Billy Lee likes this.
  14. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

I actually did loot tables for all of them at one point but they did not make it in, not sure why. Some of them were pretty interesting too.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks! I have an interesting plan for some new tasks but I'll need to get my idea approved first, hopefully, I'll be able to talk more about it when I've had a chance to speak with Andrew more. Either way, I will likely make tasks for all the new monsters, metal golems, etc.
    --- Post updated ---
    All I know is that I miss his videos, nobody ever really tried to do that kind of content here, at least not that I know of, and they were always a treat to watch I don't recall him speaking about exploiting any insider knowledge or recall seeing anything myself. I thought you guys used to be great friends, surprised to see how quickly it fell apart, kind of a shame tbh.

NonFactor likes this.
  15. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Spellgazer
    Legend

I agree, he did make some good informational videos. That doesn't excuse his exploiting inside info though. If we set the standard that if someone does something good for the game, they're also allowed to exploit/cheat... the game will die very quickly, right?

Korag, Grimtide and Sero like this.
  16. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

You and Wes seemed to be the push behind the scenes for a lot of dumb shit ideas, so this is not a good sign for the future of BPG.

At least you are being honest about your behind the scenes access this time.

CaptainAmerica and BumpyKnuckles like this.
  17. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Glad to see you back!

As for Wes, yeah his videos were really nice, and I thought he was a cool guy until he left the way he did.

Billy Lee likes this.
  18. magnum orkus

magnum orkus Goblin Shaman

cringey to see someone on the 'bpg team' .1ing peoples buy orders. smarten up.

CaptainAmerica likes this.
  19. Ygolohcysp

Ygolohcysp Goblin Scout
    Benefactor

That's good to hear. Glad your Back. I don't see billy leading us down the wrong road with what your working on. You have my support at least. ;-p

Add on to what propain said. another thought on if they can be stored inside house book shelf maybe they could add bonus like clan city regen to your house if you complete certain collections

Billy Lee likes this.
  20. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

:D

Billy Lee likes this.