Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

I lose to everyone

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Squanto, Mar 11, 2019.

1. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

LOL didn't even play during this period and even I KNOW RIC FlAIR was by far the best player to ever touch dfo, literally would have 1v2ed those 2 murses on sarms EZ PZ.

2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

From what I've been told, enyx was mainly character crutch, but ofc had some playerskill.

No doubt a lot of good players back then are still good, but I get the feeling that some of the other "factors" were mainly character crutch.

Mercs being a PRIME example.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Varekai

Varekai Celestial

Quite true, because you would see through it, amirite?

Kol Taggar likes this.
  4. MikerotchBAGFACE

paying someone 100k to find the RIC FLAIR GOD pvp video

Fengor and Sero like this.
  5. franchisee

franchisee Wildtribe Mage

Ric Flair's magic was that of Arrow's now. When we use to duel It was a DPS race. No point in healing because the first person to pull off was sure to lose.

Enyx was before my time really. I dueled him once outside of bloodscar and he beat me 4:1. That was before I woulda considered myself in my prime though as I was when Ric Flair and I dueled. The thing is pretty much every mage had weak melee. Random Hero and Ric Flair were both terrible at melee and crumbled against any person who wasn't shit.

MK was a beast at the same time Jonah was. I watched them go even out of 10 duels outside of espenhal. You can just watch the better player's PVP videos and see the hit accuracy and know that the players now are better than the player's in 2011. But that's not to say they wouldn't of gotten better as well. The evolution of 144hz monitors and better hardware/software helps a lot with the choppiness of the game.

Back then the avg person had 80-100 fps running around by themselves.

That within itself is a big factor.

6. MikerotchBAGFACE

don't know how anyone made it to NA rollover, eu was an uncompetitive JOKE of a game tbh, don't know how anyone could have took it serious until they took the poopsock out of it and the jesus patch hit.

7. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

I missed launch, and you are probably right about it, it seems those times were about actual politics, wars, fighting for a reason etc etc.

Sounds alot better than these ego wars to me, even though I appreciate many of the top players videos, the game was at least not stale the way it is now.

Kol Taggar likes this.
  8. Bojangles

Bojangles Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Too many people and too much politics going on to really have the drive to solo pvp or do 1v1s. Anytime I logged into DF around EU launch there were pvp groups roaming of 20+ looking for other groups of 20+ and people would schedule pvp outtings and shit because there wasn't really any fast travel besides using your bindstone. So your time mainly consisted of grinding gold, macroing, and large scale pvp with the odd small scale sprinkled in at mob spawns and city raids.

9. MikerotchBAGFACE

maybe was just because I rolled alfar, but I couldn't do anything without being griefed by 30 nakeds. Couldn't craft a banded set, couldn't farm trolls, couldn't hit iron nodes. The only way to lvl at that time was to do everything naked and the most efficient way was to do EVERYTHING afk lol. Was just a grimy grindy grief fest full of nakedtards if you ask me.

MAYBE na rollover was different

Kol Taggar likes this.
  10. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

U mean the game was played the way it was ment to be?? Vs mlg get good 1v1 shit shows.

11. MikerotchBAGFACE

guess some guy asking me to crouch and swear to him in public and tide him all sorts of cut materials was just too sweaty for me. I think most of the people that came over from tfc to this game with me thought it was an action fps mmo, not world of Warcraft. Also 0 of these people stayed around more than 3 weeks, wasn't like the game was opening new servers and succeeding it was a HARD FUCKING FLOP.

12. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

I see it as a conquest game that u try to do things with a group.

13. MikerotchBAGFACE

you actually think naked griefing with 30 blues in npc cities was good game design?

Kol Taggar likes this.
  14. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

No I don’t. But the game allowed it.
    Community killed this game..it’s a choice to conquest or derp as a blue in city’s.
    --- Post updated ---
    It canabilized it self because of things like this.

15. MikerotchBAGFACE

people generally take the path of least resistance, who wanted to go out and build anything to have it zerged from them, didn't a lot of those clans quit anyway lmfao.

16. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

It can
    lol exsactly my point bud.
    --- Post updated ---
    Play to crush...
    --- Post updated ---
    Crush and bitch no one plays lol

17. MikerotchBAGFACE

so imo the problem is with the developers allowing dumb game mechanics, that's about as dumb as letting the enemy team in an fps bind camp you at your respawn node then being like THEY SHOULDN'T DO THAT THOUGH.

Kol Taggar likes this.
  18. Itwas Luck

Itwas Luck Gravelord

definitely not lol. Like right around the time I started making videos and actually learning how to play the game he stopped logging in, but I remember going to bloodscar one day and watching him repeatedly beat the other top players with max characters at the time (emo lol, white chapel, ric flair, wyld syde) without dropping a single duel. Not to suck his dick too hard, but I've never seen another player be head and shoulders above the rest of the game to the same degree that enyx seemed to be. Plus when he would randomly decided to log in after not playing for a month, after most people had max characters, he would still be a top level player.

also ric flair was really only at the very top for a brief period. Right after rays got a global cool down he slowly started to fade into irrelevancy.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  19. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Yes and no.
    U don’t have to bind camp the noob that just lost all his shit..
    Or jump some one farming for a little gear so they actually can bang..
    Fish got over fished it’s that simple thus dead game. The little guys never got going so they had to Zerg and be naked and retarded.
    There was also a lot of cheating going on to..I remember seeing black shield on a raft floating over city’s..people jumping up right behind u mod combat with a mob..
    --- Post updated ---
    --- Post updated ---
    If people don’t realize that they actually help kill the game
    Well have fun in dead game.

#139 Slayven, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  20. Finnad

Finnad Air Elemental
    Legend

fusion was the enyx of EU. around the time I finally got my char viable in like late 09? (late starter) and the retarded magic got nerfed he was winning every wager and tourny while I think Enyx was doing similar on NA and probably for a while after Enyx quit. people these days don't appreciate how far the meta came along from 09 to mid 10 and these guys were always ahead.

it doesn't take anything special to become good these days 10 years after launch - it's kinda sad that it's not evolved in a long time and won't.