Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

I quit and here is why I quit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mexi Horseman, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Mexi Horseman

Mexi Horseman Goblin Warlord

the game has no purpose. You spend 5hrs gearing up for 1 minute of getting zerged down.. There is no content beyond grind. Seiges are pathetic and boring and consist of dune rats teaming up with someone else to zerg down the defender. Worst of all there are 0 politics in a full loot conquest game.. In fact there's little conquesting.. it's little more than an arena shooter w/ a grind.

Any time someone tries to suggest something the tryhards like jonah and sero come along and shit on any opinion that doesn't jive with the existing meta.

The grind isn't the problem, it's that there's no pot of gold at the end of the grind.. just more grind. It's like that song you use to sing as a kid.. "This is the grind that never ends, it goes on and on my friend, some people started playing it not knowing what was, but then they kept on playing it forever just because, this is the grind that never ends." Rinse and repeat.

It also seems to be that any future content is going to be centered around grind as can be seen by the new housing system. Digging was the best idea since sliced bread.

BPG hides and deletes anything that doesn't make them look like Peaches & Creame(See what I did there? used a DreadOG MEME!)

TL;DR the game sucks in its current RoA iteration. I'll check back in 6 months to a year to see if its gotten any better.

#1 Mexi Horseman, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  2. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

Somehow the game has become very shallow. Could be because we played the fuck outta it the first time around

Zeiken likes this.
  3. Ansem

Ansem Skeleton Archer
    ANN Reporter

[​IMG]

Glad we don't have to listen to you whine in discord anymore.

curseorange, Fengor, Serbitas and 5 others like this.
  4. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Hahahahah mad boy mad boy.

But content does need to come soon

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

All games have no purpose, we just have some fun pvp here.

6. Mexi Horseman

yes, but i get really fun PvP in Quake w/o all the grind, and honestly far less clunky and cumbersome. Why grind all that time when what I really want is pvp.. Get in, play matches.. get pvp all night long without the grind. This is the problem that darkfall has.. If there was content beyond grind and arena pvp, the grind would be no problem what so ever.. Because there are fun things to do I can't get anywhere else.. As it stands, I can get exactly what i'm after by grinding up a char in Darkfall.. In Quake Champions without all the headache.. That is the problem.

I could maybe over look all of that if there were interesting dynamics to sieges and politics, but there isn't. It's completely void of anything interesting at all.

Not just that, I get 1v1's that are a true match of skill. Not some guy getting the jump on me at a farming location then rides away screaming, "LOL GET SHIT ON NOOB!"

Zeiken likes this.
  7. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

end game content

Todd of Hartford and Fengor like this.
  8. Shredz

Shredz Dire Zombie

wow, your so wrong.. where you not in a clan?

9. Mexi Horseman

It's funny, you don't even get it, but i love this attitude.

10. Repo

Repo Goblin Scout

This is the problem with the game and the community. Instead of somewhat listening to this guy and come up with better ways to fix the game or add better content we all just tell him to get lost and good riddance he is gone. But if this keeps happening we will be at the same place we were 5 years ago with a dead game that no one is playing. I love this game but things need to change or its gonna die just like it did the last 2 darkfalls.

curseorange, Mycke, Wildesane and 8 others like this.
  11. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

12. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Actually we all suggest thousands of ideas for content.

It's more along the lines of, they don't have a dev team that can slam it out quickly. Content takes a long time to get in game.

13. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

Endgame in a sandbox game? lol. Sure, let's add more content to players who stay with the game and ignore everyone who quits during the first week(s). Looks very sustainable.

SomeBK and Zeiken like this.
  14. Clarence Swamptown

Legend

Since when does sandbox means no end game content? In ROA you get to end game really quick, as soon as your toon is end game viable. I'm sure OP's char was end game, as he himself said "there is no content beyond grind". Nobody is saying not to make it easier for new players, asking for more end game content doesn't mean you do nothing for early game... but OP's complaints are about end game. Imo this games needs 2 things before even thinking of messing with anything else, and it's better new player experience (and that imo includes reducing the grind, intuitive and more meaningful alignment system, better tutorial, etc) and more things to do outside of grinding for character or grinding for gear (end game content). You want your players to get pass the initial grind fast, and when they are done with it, you want to give them plenty of things to do. Keep a grind for luxury items just like you keep a grind for 75-100 for skills and stats, that way people who likes grinding can keep doing so. But if you don't give more sand for the players who don't like grinding, then they will leave the fkn box. What is the point of a sandbox without sand?

#14 Clarence Swamptown, Jul 5, 2017
    Fengor and Zeiken like this.
  15. Bearo Dactyl

Bearo Dactyl Crypt Guard
    Legend

The QoL changes they've made are really good. But it's kinda like the same game we all got burnt out on 10 years ago, no new fluff content at all.
    The problem with the End-game content is.. There's not enough systems in place for the players to create the content the game needs to stay alive ^_^

Fengor and Sacrillegious like this.
  16. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

In sandbox games, the content should start after you have learned the very basics (read: day 1). Your approach works for games like WoW, where leveling is just a mandatory thing to do before you can actually play the game. If you want to make this game like a traditional MMO (read: not a sandbox), then sure, however the game's problem is lack of sandbox and meaningful things to do since first days. It applies same way to new players and someone who played for 3 months already.

That there is endgame requirement for PvP should have nothing to do with sandbox content that this game lacks. It's a problem on it's own that needs addressing. To me it seems by asking for "endgame content" you're suggesting to ignore that problem altogether.

#16 mrW, Jul 5, 2017
    Zeiken likes this.
  17. Clarence Swamptown

Legend

Maybe I'm just misusing the term end game then, I consider end game content everything that you do after the grind, and imo grind should be short and act more as a tutorial (your equivalent of learning the basics...). What I want them to add is content, in general. Card games, better trade routes, more hotspots (more reason to go out of town and pvp in general), better housing, farming, etc, etc.

I hate this old mentality that grind is needed. Grinding is boring, and it is not content. It's nice and all if someone like it and have the "luxury" of being able to spend multiple hours a day grinding, but if you want a healthy population, your game needs to be enjoyable for more than just people like you. And specially if you want to keep the game with such a high skill ceiling and special pvp mechanics, which imo it should. If you want a healthy population and absolutely want to keep it full loot and high skill ceiling, then you need to open different doors to let people in. If you cut the people who can't commit to the grind, then you are shooting yourself in the foot.

#17 Clarence Swamptown, Jul 5, 2017
    onslaught, Fengor, Orak and 2 others like this.
  18. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

There definitely needs to be a shitload of non-pvp related content if you want more people to stick around. How realistic that is is another question.

It's kind of sad, the potential is infinite in darkfall to be this amazing sandbox. But as RoA stands it's so hyperfocused on the combat and PvP now now now that it's actually surprising they didn't just go the arena route (less surprising that people are actually asking for it).

Why is it when I log in my choices are shoot enough bolts at a mob to blot out the sun, stare at my bank, or PvP? Why is there nothing else?

And don't get me started on this housing disaster...

Zeiken likes this.
  19. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

tbh, we are already at that point. When alliance siege forces are ~20 people, its already at a low point

SomeBK and Zeiken like this.
  20. HeHateU

HeHateU Goblin Warlord
    Legend

they are building the game they want your ideas or input does not matter. at the end of the day all the blame will be on the ROA team.
    this game has the government like system. the things that you liked about old DFO have been taken and more tedious restrictions have been added such as scrolls, crafting recipe's, ect.........
    its a damn game that your number 1 goal is simple, make it fun!
    something is not right when you bottle neck people in a game for rare ores ore items. it should be there if you leave safe zones.
    also why is everything blue. you just took a huge ass map and gave everyone more hiding spots.