Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

I quit and here is why I quit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mexi Horseman, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Troy FigNewton

Troy FigNewton Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Then why the hell did they release this stale ass game, Literally all they did was add a few tasks, and make the ui prettier..
    Then on top of it they made the grind shit so every one just quit.. LMAO why don't people learn from AVs mistakes..
    --- Post updated ---
    yes its the customers fault for not liking a bad product.. lmao who is this fukn retard?

Zeiken likes this.
  2. Ansem

Ansem Skeleton Archer
    ANN Reporter

Kid the rest of us are enjoying the 'stale game' and 'bad product' so...

[​IMG]

GRamsay and TryHard like this.
  3. Troy FigNewton

Supporter

yes its the customers fault for not liking a bad pr
    yes the Whole 100 of you.. lmao.. oh sry and the 50 alts in sanguine.

Zeiken likes this.
  4. Ansem

Ansem Skeleton Archer
    ANN Reporter

I don't care if there's 10 of us I'm gonna play until there isn't a server to log into. Take your negativity elsewhere, no one here gives a fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

TryHard likes this.
  5. Troy FigNewton

Supporter

were merely trying to give feedback so you can have lots of people to play with rather than 10. this is how the world works kiddo

BootyEater69 and Zeiken like this.
  6. Ansem

Ansem Skeleton Archer
    ANN Reporter

This sentence doesn't even make sense and you're giving me advice? Also, I'm old enough to be your grand pappy son.

7. remixninja

remixninja Goblin Scout

Holy fucking shit will you guys stop it with the goddamn ePeen insult contest? It's a detriment to this community.

Mexi I hate to see you go bro. Had some good times way back. Jeradan4life. About a week ago before I left for vacation I realized I was taking this game way too seriously. I was enjoying building my character, and getting my face smashed over and over again as a destro trying to "get gud" and realized I was just burning myself out trying to get a bunch of gear bags made and just not having as much fun. Taking a break, and remembering why you play and what it makes it fun is something I would suggest to anyone feeling fed up.

What you guys don't realize is a lot of you have good points in your own right. I think some of us need to suck it up, some of us need to loosen up, and the devs need to have a heart to heart about the path forward. IMHO I'm not impressed with Q3 road map at all. I was pushing people previously in other threads about letting the devs collect feedback and give it their best shot, but unfortunately even with some good content like player vendors you're stacking that on top of issues that need to be addressed before the content ends up not mattering to anyone.

8. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

acting like a complete raging moron is not giving feed back, It is called kicking and screaming acting like a lil bitch

9. Mexi Horseman

Mexi Horseman Goblin Warlord

So only about 200 people matter is what you're saying? LOL ok *face palm*

10. aaraym

aaraym Undead Dwarf
    Legend

For me I enjoy just dueling with friends in player holdings, it is like tennis to me or any sport but online. Then when someone raids or attacks someone at a near bye spawn defending my friends. For a change of pace going out and working on gains, gold, or mats for gear.

The whole while getting to know people and enjoying conversation with them.

That in a nut shell is why I enjoy the game. It doesn't need anything more then what it already has for me to enjoy it.

I am sorry you aren't enjoying the experience as it is. Could it be the clan you are in is not full of people you can make friendships with? Without that I think it would be less enjoyable.
    --- Post updated ---
    I just want to add I know some people here aren't exactly stating their opinion in a nice way. But I will say that for those of us that enjoy he game more or less as it is and don't want drastic changes if we don't agree with you and are having fun isn't is possible you could just wish us the best?

That is what I did in DHuW. It wasn't a game for me so I simply left but wished the best for the game for those that did enjoy that game.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Mea Kulpa likes this.
  11. ijharb

ijharb Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter

All of these threads look so bad. Good job

12. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

No. The people are not the issue, it's the combat. If you played the game during the first two-ish years it was about blobbing people, cycling r90s, or throwing cross-heals. That's it.

The true meta combat didn't evolve until the last year-ish of the game. So everything prior to that is irrelevant.

13. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

OP, your complaints have validity

But you also got mad that you lost too much gear to vet gankers, deleted your character, then made another character when the salt wore off. Of course the grind is going to be bad

You said you didn't have enough time to fund gear bags to feed to vets - I get that. This game is a shining example of when a 'skill cap' goes too far and you have the few enjoying the game at the expense of the many - which is an inevitable business failure that RoA team didn't learn from the first few Darkfall failures.

This game will ultimately serve as a great case study of what not to do
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah the population is in a death spiral right now and is probably 40% of launch - maybe even less - if you take away trade alts and farmers.

Another month and people are going to start throwing around 'dead game' except unironically, and the servers probably won't be up at Christmas time

My guess is they'll try to relaunch again and consider this a paid beta

14. rats

rats Goblin Warrior

Exactly why i love this game, the rush i get with pvp. The fact that it actually means something to lose and lose your stuff. Although i get why people that dont have much time to play are not going to stick around. It is a long grind (enjoyable for me) and if your new and losing most of your fights like i am and every time you die it means pve grind for gear well that is just not going to be fun for casuals.

15. Fishsauce

Fishsauce Goblin Shaman

The number one reason people are quitting is content. I only play 2-3 hours a day and I am almost maxed on everything except the 75-100 stuffs and intensify. You can still find pvp now because some people are still maxing out their chars at mob spawns but what happens once everyone is maxed? The world will be empty and people will then just log on for sieges and log off after.

To OP, yeah BPG just delete any thread to hide from the truth that the game is dying...kinda like that thread when that one dev accidentally disclose the server population and the entire thread was deleted 5 min later LOL.

16. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

People have yet to suggest actual content, i onky come in and jive when people argue about things that dont need to be argued about.

Like changing balance when content is an issue.

Derp derp. Where are your solid suggestions and not just whine threads/posts?

People are getting maxxed and bored. Now only if we had an arena to go to instead of running around for 4 hours in the biggest gameworld evar. Or shorter village timers. Or land towers. Or the territory control system. (im hoping this last one will be a constant land grab struggle between oppossing factions)

17. curseorange

curseorange Goblin Scout

this is dumbest thing ive read, all month

18. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

There are infinite sandbox mmo video game ideas lying around on the internet. I can suggest a new piece of content and you can suggest a new piece of content and everyone can suggest a new piece of content, but all we are doing is bloviating on our own personal hobby horse. Forums are built on debate, and you need a common piece of content to debate. If you make a post about a new piece of content I can like it but until the devs get into the dirty work of implementation there is nothing to debate.

I think it would be awesome if the arena at Espenhal (I think?) was systematized so that the wager duel people could all go there and have official wagers and record keeping and rankings and what not.

I am way excited for territory control, but until we see the design details no one knows how it will turn out.

When the devs release their thread on player vendors in a couple of days we will spend some time bitching and moaning about that, but there is nothing to discuss until they release the details. I could come up with 100 different possible implementations.

TL;DR The devs need to open discussion on specific implementations of new content/systems to drive debate away from the endless grind/specialization debate.

19. Eaos

Eaos Goblin Warrior
    Legend

best wall of text yet, spot on!