Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

I think that secure for house have to be craftable.....

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Methodico, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

So houses become more usefull, not only a bindspot. What do you think about it?

2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Are you referring to the safe/bank?

3. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

Probably suggesting to have craftable banks.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

bank for house

5. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Earth Elemental
    Tester

I think He is saying it would be cool if the safe I side of the house is your bank and not the local bank it is now. The only problem I have with this is I use mine for over flow.
    --- Post updated ---
    Or he meant that he would like to see the safe changed to being a crafted item instead of RNG but his auto correct got the better of him in his title and changed safes to secure IDK though.

6. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Lifetime Legend

He probably meant that a house safe should be craftable so it doesn't literally cost 2 houses worth of gold.

Urek Mazino likes this.
  7. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

i found a safe in a chaos chest, the same place i SHOULD get a house deed from. i was and am still completely against the idea of deed crafting regardless of the mats needed. i have less of a chance of gaining a house in which to put my safe, than i did in DFO as i'm unable to go farm the mats solo.

no no.. safes need to stay in chaos chests, the same with furniture, and deeds need to be put back in the chests and removed from the crafting bench.

8. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Lifetime Legend

Anyone can farm the mats solo. There are scaling spawns of mobs that drop the mats literally all over the map, and they are not that hard to kill.

9. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

we must agree to disagree

10. Sean Connery

Tester

It' not that hard to farm the matts up I have farmed enough to have placed a Villa and Keep.

Donaddor Lightbringer likes this.
  11. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

but you cant place that keep or villa, as there are no plots available because anyone can craft a deed. thats kinda the point. deeds should be randomly obtained, just like furniture and safes etc... and the only reason anyone is able to farm these things to craft those deeds, is because of low population. and if you found a space, it's also due to low pop. i waited years in DFO trying to get a house and i still think they should be random drops. regardless of how easy it is to farm the mats, i believe that housing should be either...

1. dropped into another server, where EVERYONE can buy a home with gold by simply finding an empty lot and buying it, then paying the gold cost for whatever style of home they want (similar to Dark Age of Camelot housing)

2. completely random, not based on 'region or danger level', in chaos chests so that even that noob who logged in 10 minutes ago and is still doing his starter quest might accidentally find a keep deed in a noob town chaos chest.

3. craftable, but able to be dropped 'anywhere' within certain map grids. this way, at least everyone can drop a house.

craftable deeds at launch screwed over the solo player and small clans as they did not have the resources or a way to get those resources in order to craft the deeds as their crafting/crafters was/is focused on armor/weapons staying alive vs getting a house. this rewards large/zerg clans with housing by simply existing and for doing nothing more than zerging a mob spawn until they get the mats they need. either make it fair and just as easy to get for me as it is for you, or make it random. solo/casual/small clan players should not be penalized with lack of housing because of farming. if bpg really wants to gear in the direction of casuals, then they need to consider this.. casual players do not have the time to go farming for mats to get a cottage much less a keep. they have an hour maybe two per day and should be able to enjoy their game vs having to grind mats to farm a house deed they're not going to be able to place due to no lifers having already snatched up the housing areas.

I was against craftable deeds from the start when AV did it, i was against it when BPG did it, and I'm still against it. @Andrew and the guys need to rethink this concept as this is one of the changes they've made that alienates solo/casual/small clan players.

The OP is right, though in a way.. even if i disagree with him. If you are going to have houses/deeds craftable.. why not make it so that we can craft everything needed in that house as well... including slot machines. May as well continue to reward the zergs more. personally, i'd prefer everything to be random or available to ALL in a zoned instance like in DAoC.

12. Sean Connery

Tester

What are you talking about? There are plenty of places that you can drop a deed these days. I know of a place that you can drop a LV, Villa, house, and cottages that are currently vacant. You do realze you can also just buy player housig from players right? As far has keeps go I am the only one I know of that has dropped one. I know one other person that has the mats to craft a deed all farmed up. that' 2 keeps out of at east 12 plots I know of. So doing something called math that leaves 10 plots to drop a keep in.

13. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

he doesn't deal in facts he deals in feelings. He doesn't actually play the game just sits around making assumptions about what he has no real knowledge of.

Need a better way to get safe's for houses maybe not craft able but better for sure.

Mats are stupid easy to get with little to no effort aside from time needed