Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Idea for land control mechanic.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sorrow Avaritia, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

In the current game state I really see no reason to pvp other than for the pvp itself. Something I would love to see added to the game would be a land control mechanic.

Make it so you have to fight over a piece of land every few days and if you win that land you can set rules to that land.

For example you could allow the use of rune books in that land for your clan, allies, friendly clans and even enemies if you want pvp (or people to farm your land),

You could build temporary structures (that last a week) that would increase mob spawns / loot, you could also set tax rates on mobs, so that your clan gets items from every mob killed. There could be a lot of temporary structures that could be built, ones that increase rare drops, ones that increase gathering, one that provides gold for every mob killed, one that provides a small buff to you clan. Then you could have expensive structures like watch towers that alert you to enemies.

So for example you could make a building that increases mob drop rate by 50%, then charge a 10-50% tax rate, if you set a tax rate at 10% the farmer would get more items over all but your clan would still get some (which would encourage farmers), or you could set it to 50%, so they get less overall and be less likely to farm there but your own clan could farm it, either way your clan still gets profit. This could also tie into the rune book system, if you want to encourage people to farm your land so you make taxes, you could enable rune books there for every1.

This would also give a purpose for rune stones as well as people would still be able to use rune stones and houses to port into your land, but not books. This would give runes tones and houses more value. Obviously not everywhere should be covered so people can still use rune books to get places.

Each sub continent could be divided into 4-7 tiles with one going live every day, the way I would like to see the land capture be done would be something similar to siege stones but cheaper.

The racial lands should be able to be upgraded in the same way by blue players and full blue clans should be able to capture them, blue lands tax rate should also be very limited so people farming get 100% of the normal drops and only extra drop rate can be taxed.

Middle map should be divided up into 3 areas, with 1 chaos city in each, with the ability to also add temp buildings to the chaos city such as a mine, grove, farm and towers.

This would also give holdings more value as there would be a good reason siege them again to set up a good portal network.

There should also be a way to help pure pvers with this system as well. A few examples for this could be the clan who farms the most mobs in that area get: a percentage of the collected taxes, a tax break, a free capture stone, a stronger capture stone, captures the land faster.

2. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

they dont like ideas.

Battle Smurf, Fengor and Sero like this.
  3. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I think something like this would create really good reasons to pvp and siege holdings again.

NonFactor likes this.
  4. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

All being added in the tc patch

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    rats and Wizzy like this.
  5. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I cant remember seeing any good reason to fight in the tc patch, and wasn't that suppose to be put in ages ago?

6. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

Literally everything you said is suppose to be added who knows.

7. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Really, it was a long time ago I read anything about it, but I don't think everything I said was in it, I highly doubt anything to do with runebooks was in it, I was trying to think ways to make holdings worth it again.

Edit: guess I was wrong about the runebooks thing just reread it and it seems like they want to put some control over it.

However I couldn't see anything about monster tax, which I think would be a big driving force behind fighting for land.

It also seems like they are going way over the top with it, like they did by doing to many champ spawns.

A control tower for every tile that you basically want to go to every hour is way to much to create hot spots.

#7 Sorrow Avaritia, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  8. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Learn to code

9. lamigra

lamigra Gravelord
    Supporter

10. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

There's a lack of purpose to fight for anything in this game except a few holdings and i mean, a few holdings like mines and wonders.
    With that being said, the territory control will take good care of that part: every holding might matter again real soon.

You can cap a VCP, but you never have to protect the same VCP that you capped the next time that it goes live. So there's absolutely no purpose of going back.

There's absolutely no purpose in protecting your holdings from raids. Ppl can freely log-out and claim that they have successfully defended the holding because there was 0 casualty.

Unlesss we are sieging, pvp's only real purpose is to show-off.

In DFO, you had to defend your holdings to allow your clan members to lvl-up.
    In DF UW, to give back a purprose to city raiding, we had a levi collector system.
    I miss that.

You also had to destroy the church to get a relic from the enemy's holding just to globally buff your own allies. It was like a wonder system, but you only had to take down the church and to place the relic into your own church to get the buff.