Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JEDIMind, Jun 15, 2019.

1. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Alignment Overhaul / PVP Loot Revamp
    The Purpose of the Alignment Overhaul is to make a personal reputation system unique to your character. You will now forge your own standings with surrounding factions! We also toned down the PvP harshness and that will directly factor into how and what you drop depending on your characters standings with other factions. Remaining good faction with people will result in less loot dropped.

* Removed Alignment status bar from vital window

* Five Factions have been added to Rise of Agon.
    - Shoal
    -Charybdis
    - Red Moon
    - Flaming Skull
    - Ymirs Tear

* Each Player will now have a PERSONAL Reputation with each faction.
    - Gaining Reputation with a faction will require paying taxes to that faction.
    - Losing Reputation will only come with ganking or assisting in a ganked player.

* Added a new tab next to journal called "Factions"
    - Opening Factions you will see your standings with each faction
    - Next to each faction is a drop down menu with "Ignore Taxes" and "Pay Taxes"
    - Paying Taxes will allow you to gain reputation with which faction you choose from the menu while in their territory
    - Ignoring Taxes will allow you to not pay taxes to the faction if you're in their territory.

* Alignment Reset on all Characters to "0"
    - Alignment ranges from -1000 to 1000.

* New Alignment colors have been assigned
    - Red stands for Evil ( Alignment between -1000 and 0 )
    - Blue stands for Friendly ( Alignment between 0 and 1000 )
    - Yellow stands for At War ( Alignment will not matter )
    - Gray stands for Flagged ( Players who attack first )

* Loot regulations have been assigned to Alignment between 250 - 1000
    - Killing a player with 750 Alignment will yield 25% of their loot.
    - Killing a player with 500 Alignment will yield 50% of their loot.
    - Killing a player with 250 Alignment will yield 75% of their loot.

- Killing a player between -1000 and 249 will yield 100% of their loot.
    - Killing a Yellow player will yield 100% of their loot.
    - Killing a Gray player will yield 100% of their loot.

* Alignment Hits
    - Ganking or assisting in a gank will result in a -250 Alignment hit vs that faction
    - Red vs Red player - Both players will be full loot and take alignment hit of -20
    - Red vs Blue
    1. Red attack first - Blue player will now see Red player as Gray. Blue player wins he full loots and takes no alignment hit to that faction. Red player wins he takes -250 to Blue players faction and DEPENDING ON HIS REPUTATION with Red Players faction will determine 25%, 50%, or 75% loot.
    2. Blue attacks First - Blue player becomes gray. Red Player wins will result in no alignment hit to Blue players faction and full loot. Blue player wins will result in -250 alignment hit to Red players faction and full loot.
    -Yellow vs Yellow - Either players take alignment hits and both are full loot.
    - Blue vs Blue - Whatever flags gray will take -250 Alignment hit and depending on standings with that faction 25%, 50%, or 75% loot.

Cities / Hamlet Revamp.
    Right now we understand the holding situation. We know their worthless, we know there's to many, and yes we know three or four clans own all of them. So here is our salutation to make holdings extremely valuable and rare.

* All Cities and Hamlets have been converted into outpost.
    - Each outpost will have a chaos stone and a bank.
    - Outpost will be used to attack opposing factions territory.
    - Outpost will have no bind spots.
    - Outpost can be traveled to from Capital Cities.

* Racial Capital cities have been reworked to be player cities.
    - Only five capital cities can be owned.
    - Sanguine will remain a real "starter city"
    1. New characters will be placed staring in Sanguine.
    2. 3km radius around Sanguine will remain as a "Friendly Zone"
    3. Friendly Zone will allow for alignment hits but no looting.
    - Clans who control a faction capital will in a sense "become that faction"
    - Faction Cities will be siege able once a month.
    1. Will be a seven day window to siege from current controllers.
    2. Normal Siege Machines

* Outpost
    - Each outpost will expend your allegiances territory by a 1 square block radius
    - New Outpost created to fill in black spots.

* Chaos Banks
    - Chaos banks will have a 1km "Gray Radius" around them.
    1. Gray zones can not be controlled by any faction.
    2. Full loot in gray zones.

* Condensing Resources
    - Owning Territory will increase yield from Faction Capital resources.
    1. One Territory - 10% more yield on grove, farm, stone quarry, and mine. Adds Selentine and Veilron to mine. Adds Elder Wood and Heimal to grove. Adds t1, and t2 cotten to farm.

2. Two Territories - 20% more yield on grove, farm, stone quarry, and mine. Adds Neithel and Leenspar ore to mine. Adds t3 and t4 wood to grove. Adds t3 and t4 cotton to farm.
    3. Three Territories plus - 30% more yield on grove, farm, stone quarry, and mine. Adds Theyril ore to mine. Adds t5 wood to grove. Adds t5 cotton to farm.

Market Place Revamp / House Venders.

We wanted to make "Trading" a thing. Allowing market places to only be used in faction capitals by good standing factions members will push people to maybe think twice about killing someone. Maybe there's better deals on the Market in flaming skull for cinder? Maybe Red Mood has cheaper weapons? We also acknowledge house vender have no use.

* Market Places can now only be access in Faction Capital Cities.

* Market Places can only be accessed with 500+ Alignment with that faction.

* House Venders are now a connected network called the "Black Market"
    1. Players can access the black market by using any vender on any players house.

Introduction "Kingdom Points" and "Wargames"
    Since there's no more "Wonder Cities" we make to make sure these points are high sough after but at the same time worth something. Allowing these points to be wagered between factions will only add fuel to the fighting fires.
    Keep in mind its your factions working together to gather these points so everyone should be rewarded with the Wonder buff! Oh and....who doesn't like war games?

* A new tab has been added to the Billboard called "Wargames"
    1. Two Games added.
    A. Capture the Flag
    B. Cities Defense.
    2. Under "War Games" tab select the faction you wish to challenge. Select game ( City Defense or Capture the flag ) , pick date and time, and then "Wager" for how many Kingdom points you wish to wager vs opposing faction.
    3. Clan who is challenged has a two day window to accept the challenge by opening Billboard and hitting "Accept Challenge"
    4. Nothing is lost is clan refuses challenge

* Capture the Flag
    1. Once times are agreed on a flag will be place in challenged factions capital city.
    2. The faction who challenged must return the flag to their faction city.
    3. Winning team wins "Kingdom Points" wagered.

* City Defense
    1. Once times are agreed on the clan who challenged must break though opposing factions capital city and hold the keep for 5 minutes.
    2. Attackers will have a two hour window to complete the task.
    3. Winning team wins "Kingdom Points" wagered.

* Kingdom Points
    1. Kingdom Points can be gain by hunting monsters in your factions territory, War games, Sea Towers, and Trade routs.
    2. Kingdom Points yielded from monsters depend on monsters tier level.

* Kingdom Point use.
    1. Kingdom Points will be used to buy Wonder Buffs ( 1,000,000 Kingdom Points )
    2. Kingdom Points will be used to buy Siege Buffs

* Siege Buffs
    1. Lords of Fire - All alliance members gain +4 Fire damage to all weapons. (100k Kingdom Points )
    2. Lords of Frost - All alliance members gain +4 Cold damage to all weapons. ( 100K Kingdom Points )
    3. Lords of Acid - All alliance members gain +4 Acid damage to all weapons. ( 100k Kingdom Points )
    4. Lords of Water - All alliance members gain +4 Water damage to all weapons. (100k Kingdom Points )

See ya on the Battlefield.

2. Magos

Magos Windlord
    Supporter Contributor

this is on live now? sounds pretty cool

3. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Please don't pretend to be an official post in the future or we will have to delete your thread.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Earth Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

Thanks I was about to quit again is this shit is implemented.

5. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

lol no

6. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

This ain't it chief.

7. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Where's the flaw?

I have I feeling you're gonna say something about PvP loot.
    Why not give the player the decision? If you're 1000 with a faction outside your own, those players can either kill you, get no loot, and take a faction hit or let you keep farming for them. People who are sheep and noobs will gain rep with every faction to the point where vets could tell them apart from other vets even tho they're not in your clan or ally. Think about traders for example...someone could have 1000 with all factions even tho he's not in any of those clans and be able to travel around being flagged as friendly..if some asshole in my clan says "Hey fuck this guy I dont like him" and kills him he would lose no gear and the killer would be the one who suffers killing a pointless target.

This way lets you do something no way anyone else has offered up can do..lets you be friendly with people outside your clan/race. That's huge dude....player created alignment system?....
    I just don't think you like cause its so simple it could work. That alignment system is 100% better then anything ive seen so far. On top of that it most likely be its own thing....dont see any other game out there with something like this.

This way also lets you evaluate your enemy. People will think twice if the choices were "could attack him but if I go gray and lose I'll lose 100% of gear" or "could not attack since we're friendly" or " if he some badass player and he attacks me and kills me at least I'll only lose 25% of my gear"...
    So many option you give the player...not just kill everyone, everywhere, everytime.

#7 JEDIMind, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  8. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

What I see in factions is a system controlled environment, not clan controlled. We already have a system in place where clans can take over cities and decide who their friends and enemies are. What we need in a faction system is something that individuals and clans alike can join and know immediately who their enemies and allies are and it never changes unless you leave or are kicked out.

If we start out with 3-6 factions we can use faction standings to determine eligibility. For example if we have racial aligned factions then a player will start out with 0 standing toward their own racial faction. You can join any faction at 0 or above standing. If you kill one of your own race you lose faction standings. How much you lose and if that includes non faction players would be determined later. You gain faction standing by doing missions or tasks for the faction. If we don't have racial aligned factions then everyone starts out with 0 faction standing toward all factions and the moment you join a faction you lose 500 standing toward all other factions. If you leave your faction (either scenario) you lose faction. If you want to join another faction to switch then you have to do tasks for that faction to gain standings before you'll be allowed to join. When you gain standing to one faction, you lose it to others as well. This makes it possible to switch factions, but not hop between them.

We'll have to keep standard alignment since factions are optional and killing your own race is possible. Without it there would be nothing to control how much someone killed non faction blues just because they can.

I would love to find other purposes for mainland player cities and hamlets since TCS will be island focused, but I'm not sure about these uses. We'll keep discussing and brainstorming until something clicks.

9. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Why not use racial cities as the factions? Would give you 5 solid ones and a starter, would not matter what race bind there. Like you said before give these factions some bonus for being part of it. 100 alignment +2 str 500 alignment +4 str and so on...stuff like this would make people work on gaining reputation.
    If you use the starter cities i see it being easy to do events vs factions will the billboard.

10. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

We probably will use NPC cities for faction events. Outside of human lands ofc (if we go with that new starter area)

JEDIMind and Fengor like this.
  11. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

*when (please)

Suicidesheep likes this.
  12. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Except that will never be true. You guys couldn't even run battle royals without people being douchebags. Do you really expect that to change when you introduce factions? Who is going to kick out the people from the factions who are just there to troll?

13. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

The system will kick them out. There are always edge cases where someone will figure something out and we'll have to make changes to it to fix it. How far we go with any system is determined by how much we want to hold onto old values. By that I mean the sandbox nature of combat and how you are able to interact with others. People wonder why alignment exists, well it's there because we allow friendly fire and we need a way to control those 'doucehbags'. Naturally there are consequences like those same douchebags using the system against others and blue blocking, thus we introduce hit protection to prevent accidentally hitting blues.

14. Bradtide

Bradtide Crypt Guard
    Contributor Hero

honestly i like updates from jedi more than anyone. going to resub my accounts because of how well written Jedi made this. You should tell him thank you.

that being said Neilk if you do choose to delete his thread, I will 100% focus you on my most savage and ruthless callout in the history of this forum. Nobody likes oppression.... Enough is enough!

#14 Bradtide, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  15. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

Pardon?!
    A thread called "ideas" with a different font (seems Times New Roman, but i can be wrong) written in a decently paragraphed way is pretending to be an official post?

"We want" can feel strange but i think almost everyone understands Jedi wrote this in the spirit of a patch note even tho it's just his ideas in an organized system.

This is disheartening.

16. Neilk

Staff Member Team Lead

The thread title was changed, he had it in the official patch note format, the old title was:

"Patch Notes - June 15th 2019"

Fengor likes this.
  17. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

Ok. i appologise to you Neilk.
    But still... It's not even in the official patch notes section...

Anyway i like some of his ideas.

The faction system already has graphical assets peppered all over the map.
    The multi headed dragons found in some lost POI throughout the game map, etc.

18. Neilk

Staff Member Team Lead

It's not about ideas, it's about pretending to be an official post. You can also see the first comment thought it was patch notes.

19. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

ok fair enough.

20. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Was named DISCUSSION: Patch Notes - June 15th