Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

If darkfall had dungeon courses for warm-ups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrapnotcrap, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I think more players would be better if darkfall had several courses.

Newb dungeons are useless these days. I think we should add several dungeon in the starter area that range from easy to very-hard courses.

We need aim courses, bunny hop courses, stickyback courses, stormblast courses(the type you use to reach above high places in the right angle).

Finally, i don't agree with duels requiring gear, regs and such. I wish we actually had a dueling room where you can just practice endlessly. If that may cause a lack of item disparity, then just increase the cost on everything you craft; add more dura loss on pvp. I wish i could use bombs endlessly to get good at it.

Completeting courses once per day should reward you with gold and items.

On to more:

Aim course: In a square room, add 1 health targets on walls, roof, soil. Targets should dissappear after 3 secs if not destroyed. This should be possible: objects like strongboxes and buildings can be destroyed.

Aim course: add mobs that run around.

Aim courses: if possible, add mobs that jump repetitively.

Bunnny hop course, stormblast courses for angles. Same concept to cover everything a player can learn and perform efficiently.

Now

When you let players hop in a game only to get trashed, to keep them around, you just need to bring their attention to guides, training courses. The game itself should be hold their hand to make them learn all of that.

Tbh, i only started playing fortnite because of a girl i know. then she told me it was crossplay.
    I never really knew what fortnite was. I even hated that game due to all the cosmetic stuff that i would found at walmart. I hated it only for reasons that had nothing to do with the game itself like seeing ppl dancing and dressing-up for halloween. After watching some pro videos, i actually thought i would never be good at that game until now. It's been 2 weeks, i play atleast for 1 hour a day and there's a lot of things that i can do efficiently already.

Warm-up courses are maps that several players have made. I use them to get better. It works like crazy; i got so much better in no time. My aim is on an other level: i never thought my aim would ever be that good. My edits are fast and i'm quick to rewind back into action. Before, i used to hate on those console gamers for using aim-assist when in all actuality, i just never trained, i never thought about sparing or dueling with friends.

It took me way too long to be good at darkfall. It's no surprise that some kids are getting good so quick at fortinte with all these courses and coaches.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    JasperHawkins likes this.
  2. lamigra

lamigra Gravelord
    Supporter

Get outta here with these "adding content" suggestions.

MaxiHori likes this.
  3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

????

Go duel.

4. Degamra

Degamra Fire Elemental
    Hero

Didnt read OP
    BUT
    Add 2v2 and 5v5 Hellgates
    Kthx

The Red King and Fenrir Frauki like this.
  5. Stik

Stik Goblin Scout
    Contributor

if the arena they're working on is anything other than something along the same idea, they're just going to be fragmenting and further killing their own game.

6. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Full stop.

The Red King likes this.
  7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

sure, but some players get discouraged quick when they have no chance. i have made the mistake of asking 2 players to 2v1 me. They took it as an insult and they just stopped dueling. Some players dont even give a duel to those not worthy or they just get bored of winning flawless. More would rather not duel at all, but they love pvp as much as everyone.

i just want new players to feel encouraged to practice. They could get cakes as rewards(cake used to be refered as money).

we are vets. new players have so much keys to deal with. spells get unlocked so fast as-well. Most ppl wont take L's just to get good. the game itseld has to hold their hand and reward them for getting better even if they cant learn shit.

8. Garou

Garou Goblin Warlord

If kids cant stand losing in friendly duels aint they gonna quit anyway once they walk out and get smashed?

Sero likes this.
  9. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Infernal
    Loyal Legend

I like this idea but it would take a lot of work to put it into the game.

I know it's not what your post was about but I will say that I am always up for taking new players out to dungeons easy ones or even hard ones or Center dungeon. Usually let them keep all the loot. So if you ever know anybody who is new looking to get shown around some dungeons feel free to direct them towards me.

Jman

Mea Kulpa and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  10. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

yeah.

a lot of players have left lately. i have left because i cant deal with destros in 1v1. i come back for sieges to make it rain on these destros.

if you not part of a big alliance and you come back for duels, you mostlikely will have to ask on agon chat if your clan is inactif.

with a place to duel randoms for free with free items and a reward once a day, you would have no excuse, but to duel again to get better if you decide to come back.

its about finding the motvation to play and to improve.