Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

If you are one of the people who quit playing why is it?(VOTE)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArrowExpert, Sep 16, 2017.

?

If you quit the game why did you quit?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2017.
  1. Constant server lag/ crashes first month

5.3%
  2. You log in once a week, but are waiting for patch.

24.4%
  3. Quit because of no content

71.0%
  4. Quit because of BPG

32.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ArrowExpert

ArrowExpert Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

I am making this thread because I want the Dev team to see what they can do to bring people back. I log in once every couple of days to see whats going on, but I am just waiting for a decent patch to release.

2. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Those are the only reasons people quit.

Completely legit poll.

10/10

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Kurise LXV, STDIO, Rimamok and 3 others like this.
  3. sky

sky Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor

I think the poll lacks certain options, such as population. A lack of people in MMO will always result in even less people.

I also don't think "Because of BPG" is remotely constructive.

Thug Life, aaraym, Drago and 3 others like this.
  4. ArrowExpert

ArrowExpert Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

I'm not intending to be rude in any way. I like most of the guys on BPG, but the lack of communication and actual useful patches is the reason why the last option is there.

sky likes this.
  5. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Unbiased poll is unbiased, whatever could you mean?

ArrowExpert likes this.
  6. sky

sky Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor

I understand that, maybe allow multiple choices and add those two instead.

Doesn't really bother me, the reason i stopped playing is on here. Just making a point.

7. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Fire Elemental
    Tester

You should have made it so we could see the results with out voting. I didn't quit bit I would like to see the poll.

8. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Deadeye
    Legend

Horrific patches.

Horrific unnecessary changes.

Horrific server performance.

Horrific "game company".

9. yogrrt

yogrrt Deadeye
    Hero

I quit for for personal reasons not to do with the game. I didn't have any major issues with the game, besides what I thought was a backwards mentality of allowing situations like blue kamikaze ganking in npc cities, and the game being too cut throat and ruthless for my taste.

I may be back someday.

10. pvecrafterist

pvecrafterist Goblin Warlord

because there is no reason to log in because there is nothing to do because they removed all long term progression from the game.

11. Ener theWild

Ener theWild Goblin Warrior

I stopped playing because I had simply done it all before. The fun part of df1 for me was the adventure combined with leveling along the way. Now its just all the same to me, done it before so why should I do it again? PVP is the same spells and abilities over and over, there is no new or interesting changes to the combat such as new spells or abilities. I have had all my fun in df1, it was an absolute blast. Perhaps its because I have real world commitments now but the game just bores me.

12. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

This is what many tried to explain early on, that the old meta was stale as fuck except to the few tryhards who crutched on their mastery of it. There was 0 chance for a DFO nostalgia server to succeed, 0%.

13. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Population is a side effect of other reasons and not an actual reason

SomeBK, MikeJT, sky and 3 others like this.
  14. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

pretty much this. the combat in DFO was pretty bad even when it was new due to many reasons that have been mentioned a billion times already. yes i know, some of you neckbeards love it and will always love it but for the vast majority of gamers a game where everyone is the exact same was never and will never be appealing. re-releasing it 10 years later in the pretty much exact same state will yield the exact same results except that it will just die even faster. i still love the game for its concept and huge open world with no instances/no levels/player driven politics and the long term progression it once had and will probably never fully quit simply cos there is no other game that offers that concept to a remotely comparable extend (atleast atm) but the whole combat system needs to be wiped and redone from scratch with actual MMO elements such as defined roles and actual tactical combat rather than this quake-do-it-all-shitfest if it ever wants to be remotely successful as an MMO.

SomeBK, kingp43 and Mycke like this.
  15. Hostile

Hostile Goblin Warrior

you forgot to add

Horrific "Players"

kingp43 likes this.
  16. The Law

The Law Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

The combat is the sole reason I play, I loved it in DFO, and I still love it today. This game simply needs content. We've literally been saying this for years, even throughout DFUW's life span where every patch was just another balancing act. It really astounds me that BPG hasn't learned from the plethora of mistakes AV has made in the past and are going down the EXACT same road with all these minute changes to current existing systems. I can't wait for BPG to add combat specializations so they can spend all their time for the x number of years rolling out XML balancing patches until the game dies, all while ignoring the true cause that has always plagued every single version of this game. Content.

17. dempig

dempig Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Low population, long travel times.

I prefer solo pvping, and roaming around for 2 hours to MAYBE find someone and hope they dont run away instantly just isnt worth it.

Nat likes this.
  18. Harijan

Harijan New Member

While this is usually true, at some point low population becomes a self-feeding problem. I love this game. I like the changes. I can't really call it an MMO because I only see other players once every few days and they are not really interested in any sort of interaction. If I quit, it will be because of low population and nothing else.

sky likes this.
  19. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We wanted to be adding in more content right before and after launch however plans got shifted with launch issues, our design pivot and it just taking longer than planned for exploring the code initially. Much of our goal for alpha, beta and pre-launch was simply to learn the code, explore possibilities and build a few platform systems to expand on with continual content patches post-launch. The system is flipping massive and the amount of inter-dependency is staggering which results in changes being slower initially while learning it all. Now with the knowledge we have we will be able to focus more on new content while we continue to fix old/new bugs and make the player experience better through QoL changes.

This patch is going to add some nice new additions to champions and travel which is more focused around group play and getting around, the villages as well will provide more regular PvP and the travel improvements will allow more people to get to these areas to fight over them. It should be a welcome piece to everyone and the next couple patches are going to include territory control and other features to continue adding new content to explore, interact and fight with :). Long term we're going to be looking to add in more non-pvp content as well and more things for social/explorer type players.

20. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

This poll needs more options

kingp43 and Battle Smurf like this.