Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

If you are one of the people who quit playing why is it?(VOTE)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArrowExpert, Sep 16, 2017.

?

If you quit the game why did you quit?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2017.
  1. Constant server lag/ crashes first month

5.3%
  2. You log in once a week, but are waiting for patch.

24.4%
  3. Quit because of no content

71.0%
  4. Quit because of BPG

32.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Earth Elemental
    Legend

That's not how you advertise Darkfall Rise of Agon. They paid them to show a bad game: streamer laughing at the trailer. They paid a streamer to play a game that has nothing to offer except mindless left click.

They should've advertised the game by making TEXT posts about this game that has crazy PvP, 1000 player conquest sieges, full-loot FPS, on all gaming forums, reddit etc, tell stories. I was actually doing it on reddit for them, but once I realized the game was going nowhere, I stopped.

Why would you make people watch videos of a turd? Why would you make a streamer play your game that has tons of NPE problems? So everyone that watches can be like: "OH hell no this game blows"?

Further proves my point about devs being out of touch.

P. S. Beagrim, you were one of the people devs listened to that they shouldn't have. I hope you realize it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Dixie Normus likes this.
  2. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

1000 player sieges would be a giant fucking lie, just saying. Never happened once since the 8 year hype train ended.

What did I suggest that shouldn't have been changed?

MaxiHori likes this.
  3. PENETRATOR

Legend

We could've had 1000 player sieges in this game (probably not, cause servers are trash). We did have them EU-1 DF 2009. It was something like 300 vs 500 with random pvp groups on top of that.

I'm not going to search your profile, find posts, link them, state what you said wrong etc. That's too much work for 0 return.

4. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I was there for all the 1000 player sieges. With 1 FPS. Was a great time.

5. PENETRATOR

Legend

Lucky you. I crashed and couldn't get back in for 2 hours lol.

The whole point that it happened, so it's possible, so could be used for advertising. Game should've been optimized by now. Users have better PCs. So yes, it's not technically a lie, we just don't have that kind of players for reasons I stated earlier + moire.

But idk why you try to discredit me, just to pick on something? "1000 player sieges would be a giant fucking lie, just saying.", "I was there for all the 1000 player sieges.".

#65 PENETRATOR, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  6. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I'll do it. These are most of the suggestions I made that were actually changed:
    1. Heavy Battle Spike DPS got buffed.
    2. Ice Storm/Death Fog Damage reduced to be a blind only.
    3. Other Field AoE damage buffed for more meta variety.
    4. Remove useless non-damage spells (Magic Shield, etc).
    5. Surging damage was removed from all mobs, asked to have their damage returned to that level.
    6. Suggested stat gain items drop from mobs.
    7. Suggested to move the X from the left to the right.
    8. Suggested changing the Sarracenia graphic because it was extremely ugly.
    9. Suggested nerfing mount hp because they were to strong.
    10. Suggested changing Sea Tower live times to be more in line with prime time.
    11. Suggested changing Sea Tower from going live on the moment the server launches.
    12. Suggested reducing siege wait timers by 50%.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well because if you're expecting ~5000 for launch month and 50% of those will be offline at all times at least, leading to sieges that are 50vs50. That means claiming 1000 man sieges would be bonkers. Just because it happened 8 years ago doesn't mean it's likely now. That's false advertising.

Fengor likes this.
  7. PENETRATOR

Legend

So 1000 man sieges is possible. However, 1000 man sieges is impossible without those 1000 players. In order to get those 1000 players, we need to advertise that 1000 man sieges is possible. EZ logic. Never a lie.

If you still don't get it, I have an example:

Imagine a beer festival. You advertise that there will be a lot of people to mingle with. But nobody will come if you don't advertise. So is it a lie that there will be a lot of people or not?

8. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

have you seen the graphics in today's games?! no matter what, this game will NEVER 'bring back' to that level of population. ever. All it CAN do is appease what the 500 or w/e want. all it can do is maintain, and barely ever acquire an adequate 'amount' of noobs except for a 1 month steam introduction or sale.

game needs a pubg mode, or a 5v5 arena, tacked on, updated graphics, or new overhaul. which is all incredibly unlikely

PENETRATOR and blkgnd802 like this.
  9. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Deadeye
    Legend

Well they are a reflection of the game mechanics, I should have said

Horrific new player experience.

It's funny, because it's 8? Years later and they couldn't come up with a decent intro to probably the most glaring flaw in original DF.

Fengor and l0st exile like this.
  10. otoan

otoan Crypt Guard
    Loyal

Maybe that's what they need to focus on if they want to make this game populated. Maybe they wouldn't be upset about the travel time if everywhere had something to do.

11. Synik

Synik Ghost
    Hero

I quit cause if people like you arrow expert. For such a competitive and harsh game the core game is flawed ie. Ping effecting reach etc.

Look how many sheep are left in Albion and there is a shit ton of content there.

12. Sethisto

Sethisto Goblin Shaman

All my friends quit so I joined them. I still follow this since I really liked the game, but even I was running out of stuff to do.

I still think a Steam release would be way more successful if the character models weren't so ugly. Half the draw of mmos these days is waifus and pretty gear. I lost half my crew on day 1 because their characters looked like ass and the game feels clunky as hell to start. I've always wondered what this game would be like if they took all the mechanics and world and reskinned it in asian style waifu bait. I know a lot of people playing Tera, and I swear 90% of their time is spend playing dressup and oggling their elins and castanics.

13. ArrowExpert

ArrowExpert Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

I'm not playing Albion, the game literally looks like super smash bros with 4 buttons.

Fengor and Circa like this.
  14. Orumus

Orumus Goblin Scout
    Hero

To continue to bucket water out of a sinking ship or to build a new one from the remaining planks.

15. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

Took a break because all my boys quit, not coming back because I don't really have time. Also I don't agree with the direction BPG took with the game. Best of luck to all my B R O S that are sticking it out LUL

16. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Supporter

I stopped playing my favorite damn game of all time for a few reasons. First, the Albion rush took away most of the dudes I was playing with, so that sucked. The underlying problem that caused the exodus, I think, is that there was just more stuff to do in that game.

Secondly (is that a word?), the exodus of casuals and mid to low tier players (I occupy a tier of my own, below shit-tier; I call it abysmal tier)meant that the likelihood of running into some PvP against an opponent I could at least have a chance to win diminished greatly.

Third, holdings just never became something worth having it seemed. Back in the golden days, I remember having fantastic fights outside Andruk, Ghanalaj, Alberworth. Sneaking in through the cave in that one city up in wolflands with Clan Drunk and popping a few folks before getting popped right back. In RoA, I'd hang out in Erinthel all day without seeing another player moving around.

As much as I hate it, I think folks like Qop are right, and a more Arena-style approach with different tiers and duch would benefit the game. I wouldn't play, as I'm one of those old dorks who still enjoy the RPG parts of games, but I'm not playing now, so no loss.

I've certainly done my share of Darkfalling, and whatever games I get into, I'll still remember DFO as my favorite MMO of all damn time. The number of friends and friendly acquaintances I've made via Darkfall is crazy, and that's something that made it all worthwhile. Plus I got to make a song about Jonah that was met with critical acclaim.

I wish BPG and all of you the best; I highly doubt I'll return...until one night when I've been day drinking and get all nostalgic.

On a different note, I've been working on a song about the game a Dark and Light; if anyone is interested, I'll post it somewhere around here. Gonna have a video for it and everything. It's a pretty serious tune lamenting the lack of poop in the game, despite there being an option to assign a key to defecate.

Cheers, fuckers!

Edit: if anyone wants to pm me their Didcord info to keep in touch, that'd be fuckin spiffy.

Circa likes this.
  17. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

Dead game is dead. BPG should just stop rofl

18. Techno Viking

Techno Viking New Member

I just started. Seems like plenty of fights at Gulghat c'mon down boys

19. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

BPG was created by the original darkfall community to bring it back and improve upon the game. And now, that same community which begged for the return of the game is leaving, by the most part.

I swear, if the game shuts down, those same people who quit will once again plead for its return.

This game can only thrive if the community supports it and stays active. At this point, the game does need a drastic change to have a chance.

20. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

The game needs some PR.

The community has been steadily annoyed since somewhere in beta. They need to keep talking to the players and I don't mean on these forums. I feel like they gave up when the server delay began.