Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

If you are one of the people who quit playing why is it?(VOTE)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArrowExpert, Sep 16, 2017.

?

If you quit the game why did you quit?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2017.
  1. Constant server lag/ crashes first month

5.3%
  2. You log in once a week, but are waiting for patch.

24.4%
  3. Quit because of no content

71.0%
  4. Quit because of BPG

32.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wendigo

Wendigo Dire Zombie

Then there's a different way to negate melee 2h sword damage to almost nil, and that's obnoxious.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Chris

Chris Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

There were certain things the devs were not open to discussion on like the alignment system which completely sucked.

Also their communication was bad, people that didn't enjoy the game and left with an idea to keep an eye on it, would never have a clue because if you left the discord server then you knew nothing about what was going on in this game because they seldom posted on the forum

Methodico likes this.
  3. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

there isn't though lol, were you using a shitty greatsword vs a guy with good armor?

4. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Fire Elemental
    Tester

Slashing protection enchant?

5. Wendigo

Wendigo Dire Zombie

nope

6. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

• No clear vision. Changing the road map every month is not a good thing.
    • They did not have a great plan for launch at all, and not enough new stuff put into the game before launching.
    • Poorly implemented ideas. Scrolls were "go get x and you will get y", same with house deeds...done before a billion times, boring. Where are the creative minds on this team?
    • Wasted dev time on vendors you could place anywhere, terrible idea. Players were using alts/clan alts to buy stuff in npc towns, why would anyone need / want to grind mats for a player vendor?
    • Unique monster spawns were a great idea, but needed lore and rewards that tied into the lore. Half assed.
    • Meditation feeling like a second job.
    • Playing after work for a couple hours and your magic barely moves = boring, second job, not fun.

Lots of other stuff..

Circa and Clarence Swamptown like this.
  7. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Slashing protection enchant is almost the samething as stoneskin. Ironskin is the end-all protection buff for melee, and is the only thing that would negate that much damage.

Chances are this guy had an R50 and wen't against someone in Fullplate + Ironskin + hasted daggers.

FP + Ironskin has like 22 melee protections. R50 is going to do like 20 damage max against that, and hasted daggers are going to rip through him.

Fengor and Mycke like this.
  8. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Following this discussion that has been my take on it as well, in close quarters like a boat daggers are king and they were just raw out dpsed.

9. ChronoHood

ChronoHood Windlord
    Hero

This one is my vote. Nobody asked for umm... anything they implemented except for QoL changes like eliminating the need for auto hot key... Harvesting changes are literally why I'm not playing.

10. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

I quited 3 months ago because my bank got stolen and have other stuff to do like playing PUBG and work, so dont feel like fixing a new bank again.

11. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Celestial

lmfao im not playing because I harvest faster, people are literally retarded.

- rune books are the first thing i've heard about since launch that excites me. Also, add quests to get enchants on weapons and armors thanks.

Circa, MerleisAirdburne and onslaught like this.
  12. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Hackers stealing banks and being told to deal is brutaL

13. VCP Down

VCP Down New Member

This is an MMO, they took away the progression grind, you used to have to log in and grind to get (IE Fireball from 62.3 to 75) and was a time sink and gave people a reward for grinding. A Lot of the 1% want Call of duty Medieval online and were listened to, now they all quit and blame the devs. It is an mmo but the top players do not treat it as one, so just like DFO its failing. Need to bring in new people and get more time sink to the game. Scarcity will populate cities and make pvp active. but it starts with pve populations.

14. Thellic

Thellic Goblin Warrior
    Hero

I whole-heartedly disagree that what this game need is more grind. I find that heavy grinding in a full loot mmo is a disease slowly killing off the playerbase. Usually you put up with it due to wanting the immersion of actually being able to loot the person that has died, or just enjoy hardcore gameplay in general, but it comes to a point where most players do not want to put up with it due to massively wasting their time, and you are in the end left with a handful of players jaded enough to not care, or didn't care about wasting time to begin with.

Also, I found it a bit funny that you blame the "one percent" for the failings of both RoA and DFO, when the difference in grind between the two are astronomical. Darkfall failed twice because it was a shit game that not many wanted to play, with it's only saving grace the PvP and massive potential overall. The amount of grind had very little to do with the outcome, and it's debatable if it was positive or negative.

Indeed, I'd rather BPG put their efforts into making the game more of a sandbox that you can immerse yourself into, make players actually want to log in and be part of the world the way they see fit, not just drone around aimlessly looking for resources to consume.

Circa and Sero like this.
  15. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

Cod has missions, modes, maps with objectives. You can't really blame us if once removed the grind nothing was left...

16. ChronoHood

ChronoHood Windlord
    Hero

No you little fuckin kid. The reason I liked to harvest was because I liked to click on a tree/bush and walk away and actually do shit with my family.. Interact with people around me .. enjoy my podcasts or youtube videos.. Harvesting was a thing I did while afk ...

Do you want to stare at a fuckin tree over and over and over and over and over and over and over?
    Good , that shows how your simpleton brain has been programmed to accept such bullshit.
    Fuck you , your brain , and how it works kid.

quietnoobz likes this.
  17. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

u must be retarded

Wendigo likes this.
  18. pvecrafterist

pvecrafterist Goblin Warlord

Changing portal chambers was a terrible idea that had already been tried in UW and its effects were known.

changing harvesting was a terrible idea that had already been tried in UW and its effects were known.

removing grind was a retarded idea which effects had not only been experienced but are blatantly obvious, if you removed everything there is to do in an mmo people will have nothing to do.

19. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Have you been checked?

MaxiHori and HeganHatsumo like this.
  20. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Celestial

lol you do realize what you said makes no sense, the variance there is very little and the opportunity cost is huge for active players. It's pretty much all in your head, If you had any sort of actual intelligence behind this head to keyboard statement you could just write a script that gathers nodes for you, that way you can play the game without ever actually playing the game, kid.