Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

In answer to the elites argument about needing more content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owyn Magnus, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Not at all cause I don't play with a shit ton of casual average players or anything.

2. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

Man this whole thread is such Bullshit. Content might keep decent vets entertained but you think new things are going to do anything but temporarily distract the toxic elements on occasion from their true love of harassing people? We know these people exist in darkfall and they always have and as long as they get away with it they always will be here when the server is active at least.

Wow good try at the dismissive insults like most others without a real point.

People who enjoy harassment aren't the type to do quests, mobs or pretty much any content I've seen recommended.

You might as well tell a sociopath professional criminal with a long rap sheet of rape and murder that you bought them the full collection of friends blue ray edition, a whole new woodworking, metalworking and knitting kit maybe with a pet and a to do list and expect them to not murder people when they FUCKING ENJOY MURDERING PEOPLE.

HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE TO YOU?!?! Talk about Irony.

If anything I resent a dead server catering to people who enjoy scum saving in a MMO. I resent my favorite game has been ruined by following advice from people like you.

YOU STILL PLAY SO WHAT? Means exactly nothing. 99% of anyone who tried RoA no longer plays does that make them worth nothing?

Damn right this community is cannibalistic and blood is on your lips not mine.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Might not make it go away but real contend will make a massive difference. Vets like shiny things too and in some cases more often.

4. Avenging Martyr

Legend

We'll we've seen how it goes when they balance a game around you people.

They might want to aim for a bigger audience is my side of this.

I know, I'm trash etc. Best you guys got is dismissive insults but hey whatever makes you feel like a gold medal winner.

Hey BPG you know whats better than winning the gold in the Paralympic Games? Walking

5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

You like analogies?

Anti bhopper analogy and bpgs knee jerk reaction:

A guy who's underqualified starts a new job and there are a lot of other people working there and the new guy tries doing the same work as everyone else hired to do that job but keeps fucking up. He gets some help from one of the long time employees and tried it out. He's doing better but still making mistakes. Instead of trying to continually improve he quits out of frustration in his own abilities. A month later he's thinking about why he quit and he justifies it by rationalizing in his own mind that the system set him up to fail and he didn't get his hand held enough and one of the employees was out to get him. He writes an email to the owner of the company to change the requirements for his job so he can work there again. The owner should say to himself, wtf is this guy smoking, my company runs great, we just need more advertising, why would I change it for this entitled crybaby? Apparently this owner isn't very business savvy though, so instead he restructures his company to make room for this guy who only wants to do only part of the job. All of a sudden profits drop, loyal employees quit, he goes bankrupt.

Lesson? Not everyone deserves a fucking trophy and listening to idiots exaggerate issues is bad for business instead of the people who know what they're talking about. Make changes based on evidence not because mental midgets make a fuss about something that they are unwilling to get better at.

Hopefully you get the point.

#265 Grimtide, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  6. Avenging Martyr

Legend

Okay so no real answers but I'll take this it's a start.

Under-qualified? for what? Did I say I was elite? Did I claim to be amongst the best? In fact I think I've repeatedly admitted the skill element and even how I personally enjoy how it functions when it's not overly abused.

I'll get to your analogy but lets talk about your qualifications? Ever solely focus on training and retaining newer people? I did in the original. Back when I saw the population dying vengeance recruited anyone pretty much. I spent countless hours helping, teaching and some training. Lets be honest I left the important stuff to the guys who knew their stuff like Mister Sad for melee or Xerra Sinibi for magic at that time.

In RoA I wanted to avoid the hassle of being a day care worker essentially (caring for newbs is sorta like that at times lol... lots of repetition of basic stuff and hand holding through more complicated things)

So while I didn't focus on newbs I still brought newbs with me when PvEing and answered questions. Gave out some gear and pointed out safer spawns and shit like that.

Though out of everything I did I probably responded to help calls more than anything else early on. I mean constantly chasing someone or another. Don't get me wrong I got wrecked by many but I killed my share too. So I know more about B-Hop chasing and noob harassment than you will ever know personally.

You want to talk qualifications. You have no qualifications to discuss newbs harassment. You think knowing how it works on the high level is qualifications to argue to keep B-Hop ingame? You are deluding yourself.

If it was OP and you took no damage. Or you could travel 10x faster than now your opinion would hold far more weight that mine and I would be under-qualified. We're talking harassment here. Griefing and abusing the mechanic.

Holy crap I didn't read the entire thing until the end and that analogy was basically just another giant dismissive statement.

Your bad, git gud in long form. Your fucking hilarious. You can't even think of any responses so you long form your bullshit.

I have a rocket scientist lecturing me on the joys of rockets while I'm complaining about RPGS being fired into civilians.

Hows that for analogy. Also try to give some real responses before you embarrass yourself.

7. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Dread og was in my clan and I spent many hours helping midnight nation in RoA. Two streamers who were constantly harassed and sniped and griefed. I was in NME all of DFO.

There is video evidence of all of this, including showing reckful the game which brought 10,000+ views to roa. You just admitted you didn't really help noobs in roa, you just got frustrated in your own clans ability to protect players in your clan. This is on abso, not game mechanics. Defeatist mentality.

Ps those rockets are being fired into the desert and you dumbasses run into the explosion.

#267 Grimtide, Jan 8, 2018
  8. Avenging Martyr

Legend

Still got nothing for logic. No real answer just dismissive your bad git gud statements as always.

Thats swell that you helped a clan or two. Golly gee I bet they all still play....

10k+ viewers... watching you people.... Man this seems like bad publicity to me but moving on.

I admitted I didn't help noobs? You mean I didn't dedicate my playtime 24/7 to helping newer players? Fuck I'd hate to see the log of my responses in the new channel answering questions. Not including my many private conversations and other attempts to help. That would be a real brick wall of text. Or the fact as a crafter I offered no cost services to noob clans without proper crafters.

While I didn't actively recruit. I would bring people with me when PvEing. Including my favorite spots for solo etc. So I shared good farming locations and taught people how to make money or how to farm harder things while solo.

Despite all of that my main thing was always trying to help them in raids. If I was around I would always come unless I really could not make it in time. Even if I could usually they just ran. Can't catch them, can't hit them from too far. You can dismiss it all you want.

Call the clan bad all you want, you can dismiss everything. You have no fucking clue and delude yourself into thinking scum saving in a MMO is skillful.

I can only hope BPG realizes bankruptcy is where your suggestions will end.

PS: Sick of this idiocracy. I'll be on tomorrow and respond if you can cobble together anything beyond Git Gud.

#268 Avenging Martyr, Jan 8, 2018
  9. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Fengor likes this.
  10. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

why should you be believed when you have already dismissed him saying the same thing?

11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

believe me or don't believe me a change to hops isn't going to end your world or anyone else's it is a change not an end all it can do is help or not help who knows for certain but I believe end result will be positive.

12. Avenging Martyr

Legend

That actually was pretty cool and if everyone had a day 1 like that we'd get alot more staying beyond day 1. Still wouldn't prevent many from being harassed until they leave but it would be a good start.

However showing your not as toxic in game as in the forum is irrelevant to what we've been discussing.

You still can't get beyond me, me, me approaches to any issue.

You don't care that people use the same tactics to asset damage harass. They come in hit shit and run soon as anyone tries to jump the fucker. It happens to newer players at spawns and it's the same shit.

As long as this mechanic exists as is the harassment is endless as long as the harasser wants to do it. Stop trying to argue about other things or create vacuum arguments for why it is needed.

Zergs always will exist and frankly I doubt Abso will ever be the super zerg NME or half you guys will aim to be. We'll be outnumbered dealing with the same shit. You people act like this change is entirely in our favor to make the game easier for us.

My god if we can't use it, have less people and as you people keep trying to claim we are the worst players on the server you'd think I'd want this high probability escape method to stay in game. You'd think I'd want this fight reset scum saving broken mechanic to stay so I could just run if any of your logic actually made sense.

Instead you use dismissive arguments. Git Gud in various rephrased statements and nothing to counteract the problems. Closest anyone has got was your runestone idea which between runebooks, runes and shards is not even potentially viable for the majority of people who play even now.

The vets could these days if they really wanted to but it would mostly be a waste of time and a very expensive waste it would be unless the runner ran straight into the guy by chance and even then how many times you think it would take for them to learn where you rune into when they are running?

I'm still hoping for a relaunch and during a fresh restart it truly is impossible for most. Money goes into gear, characters, clan crafters and clan issues for a good while as we all know.

Funniest part is I want them to keep B-Hop in vanilla state for now. I want them to add content and focus on all the things your circle wants. You guys aren't wrong we need content and in 6-12 months of development when the game is still has less people than a larger lan party. Right about the time this carebear cage match in a big bouncy house reaches fever pitch of blaming anything but poor choices for it's state.

At that point I want BPG to say fuck you and add everything you people hate. Such as removing B-Hop, safe zones for newbs, build diversity so people don't need everything or better can't be everything and other things you guys hate.

Toxic results are toxic results. I don't care whos doing it I want the issue solved.

13. sup

sup Akathar
    Legend

I don't agree with everything he says, but from all my interactions with Grimtide he has not been a toxic person in the slightest. I played a tiny bit at EU launch, but didn't really start playing this game seriously until even later than Grimtide did, and he was super helpful to me as I got started (was allied with him) and then very cool later on as enemies. I think some changes should be made to make this game more accessible to new players and bad players, but remember that not everyone that wants bunny hopping or other features to remain how they are is "toxic" or just wants to dumpster noobs.

You are the one being next level toxic, and just hurting your own arguments.

#273 sup, Jan 8, 2018
    Grimtide and Nat like this.
  14. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

[QUOTE="Avenging Martyr, post: 227101, member: 887”]However showing your not as toxic in game as in the forum is irrelevant to what we've been discussing.

You still can't get beyond me, me, me approaches to any issue.
    At that point I want BPG to say fuck you and add everything you people hate. Such as removing B-Hop, safe zones for newbs, build diversity so people don't need everything or better can't be everything and other things you guys hate.
    [/QUOTE]

Good god, all this guy does is cry. He doesn’t play.

Sorry guy you don’t speak for the majority of players. They will nerf bhopping you will still die and come to forums crying for something else to be changed.

15. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

im not talking about bhopping, youre the one on a tangent about that not me, i couldnt care less one way or another lol, you said not to believe him while saying to believe you, im asking why i should you

16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

cuz I r smrt
    and Cause ya have no reason not too?

17. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

I agree about the part with elites recruiting the good players from regular clans ,but that is more about the individual players and elite clans not wanting to lose fights and keep their pixels. They are "crutch" players crutch with gear, crutch with clan and alliance. It's all about the crutch otherwise they would rage quit if they lost in a remotely even situation.

That said Owyn this a classic case of don't hate the player hate the game.

Bartlebe likes this.
  18. Avenging Martyr

Legend

On these forums all he does is call people names and insults with anything he disagrees with. I've said I don't know the guy in game before. However people do read these forums. Have opinions and if you don't think default argumentative dismissive insults as a reaction to anything he disagrees with is toxic. Well then I guess this game has nothing toxic in it at all.

It's great hes not one of the people abusing the mechanics and systems to harass people or grief newbs. I am glad to hear that but that doesn't fix anything really. I might owe him an apology but overall that toxic behavior I displayed earlier was meant to wake some people up and draw eyes and comments. It was really effective.

Also got people discussing the need to moderate these forums which I agree with. Real discussions with points without insults should be standard. Contribute or lurk but otherwise stop making this game look like shit. I know how bad it looked and I've stated why I did it and I won't be acting like that anytime soon. Really I disliked the experience.

Though it's pretty funny anyone thinks BPG suddenly heard us bitching and in less than 2 weeks discussed, designed and coded changes. Or certain ones pretending like it was never discussed ever since it became commonly used.

Why would I play now? Large scale activities were my favorite thing if I could get online at the right timing lol... This population is boring... the chasing is boring and the harassment was a pain in the ass last time I was active and nobody can have an opinion huh. I've seen this harassment crap affect more than just 1 clan or a couple guys and you all know it.

God I know I don't speak for the majority of players but if you think the hollow shell of a community that is left banding together and screaming "STAY THE SAME" will convince BPG to go into bankruptcy for you. Well I think they'll see reason in the end even if they totally cater to you for now and in fact that is what I want to happen for now. This game needs more content, alignment and other things before a real launch anyway.

I want them to try making your guys version and you still insult me just cause I want to remove your crutch. So what if I die, I'll enjoy the game alot more and that's more important. The big bonus is with less harassment I firmly believe it will greatly help new player retention. Smaller newer groups having a chance to deal with 1-2 guys is a huge deal to many people. They can get their skills up so fast now but it means nothing if they just get someone resetting fights until they lose or messing with their stuff because they like trolling...

I'll give it time and hope BPG makes some good calls. They can code better than anything I hoped for really. Wish some optimizations would come down with updates but I like what I see so far hence my 2 accounts have never been unsubbed despite not playing because I don't enjoy the current state of the game. I just hope they realize what catering to the most hardcore will never succeed.

Even with the B-Hop nerf I don't see a different scenario occurring sadly. Less endless B-Hop still same endless chase/break off scenario which is abused by some to harass. Same shit, B-Hop as far as they can and mount up and run. Maybe if I'm close enough I might be able to kill him or his mount. Mind you anything beyond 60-70ft is hard to hit if the player is even remotely decent at dodging and using the environment.

So myself if I did play I would break off the chase within 2-5 mins if I can't get them so I don't waste time and really calls for help are much less frequent... I could farm many spots because noone else is... Meh...

Stop dismissing the issue. Brainstorm and contribute or just lurk man. Trust me everyone knows your opinion and mine and I'd love a solution that doesn't remove B-Hop but I don't see that happening so far...

19. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Avenging martyr - "me think bhop is bad, me me me me"

You realize what you even say?
    --- Post updated ---
    I make the game look like shit? I make videos promoting the game and have tried very hard to help this game succeed and have for the most part been constructive and helpful to bpg. Ask them yourself. I've answered your posts so many different ways and all you keep doing is spamming the same parroted opinions with no real evidence besides your OWN circle jerk of clan mates and similar mentality non critical thinkers who can't think outside their own circle of self defeatism. You should go back and read all of our conversations in this thread and the locked one. If you still honestly think I'm being the toxic one afterwards then you're unable to see past your own shortcomings in forumfall debate.

Further more, we elitist douchebags suggested to bpg to make new players not drop any loot in starter areas if they got ganked long ago and that by itself would of discouraged a lot of griefing.

#279 Grimtide, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  20. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

I agree with avenging martyr. So that's pretty much it, I guess you lost this one. Try again somewhere else.